Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Club Auto Insurance??

nt_a_foz

Has anyone had any experiance with them??

Underwritten by Tower so should be ok id imagine..

THey are 600 cheapre excess for theft and 500 cheaper for crash excess.

Also policy is $15 or so cheaper a month.

Only 1100 a year as opposed to $1288 with NAC.

What you guys know about of them?

Cheers

Brad

im with them $480 for the year, fully comp for an 89 rs with no insurance history, no alarm, although i am 30. just had a chip in my windscreen done for free, you get one Novus repair free per year. So they seem to be alright, guess i will only really know if i have a bingle or someone pinches my baby!!!

nt_a_foz said:

hmm might give them a ring..bet theyl be expensvie as only 19 ...

shit your only 19? lol. give them a try anyway, i never thought they would give me the best quote either but hey....

i do have a colourful driving history but luckily nothing within the time frame that i have to disclose to them.

driftrex']

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

/quote]

**** your only 19? lol. give them a try anyway, i never thought they would give me the best quote either but hey....

i do have a colourful driving history but luckily nothing within the time frame that i have to disclose to them.

haha to tell them its a version 4 /8 or not..... that is the question.

driftrex']

/quote]

**** your only 19? lol. give them a try anyway, i never thought they would give me the best quote either but hey....

what time frame is that? 2 years?

5 years usually..

yeah bro only 19 haha

yeah i told club auto and they were sweet.

they prob have no idea though what differneces etc itd be haha

i was suprised when i got a click quote a while ago the dude knew heaps about subis and that a type r was 2 door and all about hte mods i ahd done etc made for alot easier to discuss/work out etc cause he knows his stuff

where as nac you ring up and hte girls got no idea what you talking about

pl0x']

/quote]

what time frame is that? 2 years?

yea 5 years, just long enough to not have to tell them hehe.

im with state,only because i have house and contents insurance, there hopeless, rang them the other day, they had most of my info wrong, next year i cant get full cover because the car mods are more than 25% of what car is worth,but they tell me halfway through this years cover,excess is like 1500 if stolen, think im guna ring around, whats club autos number? nac were alot last time for me, am 23 also

I just got a quote for about $600 a year for the RS rather than the $850 or so that NAC charge me. Although I'm old. So gonna think hard about switching both my Suby's to Club although I might check with State and see if they'll cover the RS too and how much they'd charge.......

just dont forget to mention any goodies you have on there with state (or any company who doesnt understand performance/modded cars). i once had a not-at-fault accident, and they tried not to cover me because i hadnt mentioned the mods i had on (which back then werent big, exhaust, KYB suspension, group N chip) but i had insured it as an RA, so i fought it, and they covered me. found out later that they had tried to make it look like i was to blame, they sent someone to my mechanics to check out whether i should have had a WOF and my car was at the panelbeaters for 6 weeks extra while they "investigated" even though the other guy backed out on a main road, right into the side of my car.

2 weeks after i got my car back my insurance was up for renewal, and even though i hadnt done anything wrong in the last 12 months, they put my premium up from $2000 to $2400 a year. Never been, and never will go with STATE ever again. And have bad mouthed them to everyone who asks for my opinion.

so thats my lil story about insurance. So the most expensive and biggest insurers arent always the best

I've always found State to be cheap, but as I've never had to make a claim, I don't know how good they are to deal with when trying to get money from them. Its good to hear from someone who's had to deal with them and that sucks that they were that hard to deal with.

I know a lot of you guys have had good, or bad, experiences with insurance companies. But, in reality, there needs to be no loyalty here, just go with whoever gives the best deal, and if you make a claim and then the company raises your premiums etc, just cancel your business with them and go elsewhere.

They have to understand customer satisfaction, just like any other business they need to look after customers, if they don't, vote with your hard earned dollars.

I flick between State, AA and Tower all the time, never shown me any loyalty, so why should i care; if someone offers me a better deal i'll take it.

• 4 months later...