Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

Morning Team, 

Finally crawled under the GF wagon and did see the rears were drum discs, 

What are the Brake upgrades available on the GF's I'm assuming the STi stuff would be worth a fair bit, but how much effort would it be for me to throw on WRX front and rears? 

Anyone done this before? 

• Confused 1
  • Subscribed Member
51 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Morning Team, 

Finally crawled under the GF wagon and did see the rears were drum discs, 

What are the Brake upgrades available on the GF's I'm assuming the STi stuff would be worth a fair bit, but how much effort would it be for me to throw on WRX front and rears? 

Anyone done this before? 

Hey!
so, standard GF WRX stuff will fit if you wish to change to that. the later V4+ models have rear vented rotors which you could change to. I believe you'll need hubs etc to go along with these. 
I've done the v4+ WRX upgrade to my v3 WRX, but am also considering the larger rotors from a BP/BL 3.0/GT. I believe I read it is a bolt-on upgrade once you have a disc setup. 

If you want another upgrade, I have upgraded my fronts to the same BP/BL brakes, and it's a huge rotor change, requires minimum 17" wheels though.

K3eyjTv.jpg?1

3 hours ago, Technikhaus said:

Hey!
so, standard GF WRX stuff will fit if you wish to change to that. the later V4+ models have rear vented rotors which you could change to. I believe you'll need hubs etc to go along with these. 
I've done the v4+ WRX upgrade to my v3 WRX, but am also considering the larger rotors from a BP/BL 3.0/GT. I believe I read it is a bolt-on upgrade once you have a disc setup. 

If you want another upgrade, I have upgraded my fronts to the same BP/BL brakes, and it's a huge rotor change, requires minimum 17" wheels though.

K3eyjTv.jpg?1

Cheers man!! Thats a lot of info there! 

Might look at just a WRX swap all round not anything bigger as wnat to stick with 15" rims for Rally Tires. 

I guess I'll keep a look eye for a Wrecking V4 and try get the whole rear hubs with brakes. 

Anything else I would need to change when doing the conversion to keep the braking force balanced? 

• Subscribed Member
17 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Cheers man!! Thats a lot of info there! 

Might look at just a WRX swap all round not anything bigger as wnat to stick with 15" rims for Rally Tires. 

I guess I'll keep a look eye for a Wrecking V4 and try get the whole rear hubs with brakes. 

Anything else I would need to change when doing the conversion to keep the braking force balanced? 

if you do an entire WRX swap, you should probably also swap over the master cylinder too :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/04/2021 at 4:38 PM, Technikhaus said:

if you do an entire WRX swap, you should probably also swap over the master cylinder too :)

finally Caught up on your Gravel express thread, So epic! 

Let me know if you got any parts that would be useful you want out of your Shed :P