Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Drunk driving

zarnah

Ok well guys im a country lad and i just learnt a big lesson about drunk driving (about ten minutes ago) work mate and I had been at the local untill about 20 minutes ago when my workmate said "riteo lets head home!ive only had fouror five drinks so ill be mint to drive!" he said, well he now has a pretty much bent in half B4 Blitzen sitting in his driveway, probly written off I would say.

Really guys, dont do it, even if you have just had a couple take the safe way home and get a ride or a courtesy van etc its not worth it!!!!!!!

Zarnah good on you for posting it up. Most people wouldn't have.

I absolutely hate drunk driving. Their is always a way to avoid it wether it be catching a taxi. Or um Walking home even if thats a hard concept ;).

Anyway hope your mate has learnt his lesson. Did the police catch him??.

If you are going to /might/want to drive dont drink alcohol (or drinks containing alcohol).

If you are going to /might/want to drink then dont drive...

Simple, no ifs no buts, drinking is a privelage so is driving, never shall the two meet is me moto...

yer, not a good look. hav had friends of friends die in car accidents, and a good friend was killed after a drunk/stoned teenager drove into her - edgeware road incident, chch. not cool at all. people need to step up to the mark n b able to tell wen enough is enough. too many inocent peopl die each week because of dickheads who just dont thnk. lifes too short, live it to the full!

• General Member

Wont touch a drop then drive, had a family friend vegetable himself into a concrete wall and collect some poor bastard with him on the way when I was a kid.

Been absolutely unmovable about it since.

I dunno how people still think it's ok for them to drive after a few, are the ads on tv not enough for them?

Whats it take for these f*** tards to realise its not cool to drink and drive, may be one of there own loved ones needs to be killed before they realise how much it hurts others, and what the real risks are when they take it upon them selves to indanger others, it's not only about wrapping there car around a pole.

General rant about drunk drivers, not really pointed at your mate

yea I know where you're coming from was a big wake up call for me(especially since it was my side of the car that went through a fence and into a bank), even just a couple is all it takes for someone to think they are possum borne and get it wrong big time, best just to not drive if you have had ANY alcohol at all..... also made me realise how much of a big problem it is around country pubs, go to any country pub on any friday or saturday night and theres a shitload of cars parked out front, yet they all seem to be gone by 3am....... hmmm the sober people to cars out front ratio never really stacks up.......

gc8ra said:

I dunno how people still think it's ok for them to drive after a few, are the ads on tv not enough for them?

Whats it take for these f*** tards to realise its not cool to drink and drive, may be one of there own loved ones needs to be killed before they realise how much it hurts others, and what the real risks are when they take it upon them selves to indanger others, it's not only about wrapping there car around a pole.

General rant about drunk drivers, not really pointed at your mate

The ads on tv are "preaching to the converted" all they really do is upset us who have lost family to drunk drivers, and who already only drive sober. the sad thing is, there are so many middle aged people/older people who are really bad offenders, it's the attitude of "well i've done it for years and never had a crash" :(

what're the punishments for geting caught?

I've no idea at all, in the UK it's an instant 12 month ban and possibly jail. And you haver to resit your test.

I had a work mate who had one of those ankle things and was on house arrest and could only leave to go to work. He was caught drunk in the middle of the road with his head out the wndow at 15mph because he couldn't remember how to use the wipers.

The big one that gets me is the people that get in at 4am then get up and drive to work at 7! When I was out on work nights I always played the counting game so my last drink was at midnight and I'd only have 6 units in me.

There was a time in my early twenties tho where I would be like "I need to drive on wednesday so I better stop drinking at monday lunch time"

The fine for DUI is 3months loss of license and your car impounded for 28days 2nd time is 6months 3rd time is 12months. if your caught driving when your not meant to be its another 3months added on.

but everyone must of drunken and driven at some point i used to be a country boy and i remember waking up in say states e.g still in the car engine running fallen asleep in the driveway.

don't get me wrong i don't condone this kind of behavior i just happens i have a friends whose dad has been to prison for drink driving does it stop him, No.

Addiction is a powerful thing, and it'll normally take i big moment (scare) like this to break the habit.