Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Euro 2002 Ford Mondeo Won't Start

WRXER

Alright guys I need some help, my olds are over in Europe at the moment. So I've been house sitting and all over the last couple months.

Anyhow they own a 2002 Euro Ford Mondeo of which I killed the battery by accidently leaving the park lights on... The damn thing beeps away for everything but the bloody parklights believe it or not. ::) Anyhow charged the battery and put it back in, car wouldn't start. Checked it out and it turned out to be the original battery the car came with, so thought oh well buy another. Bought another Battery chucked it in, and bam still won't start. All the lights on the dash light up, stay on and when I turn the key all I get is a ticking noice. Won't turn over or anything, Im unsure if I've missed something as it came with a factory immobiliser which I thought I've disabled.

Any thoughts on this, cause Im miffed on what the hell is going on lol

ticking sounds like another battery on low juice..

its the starter motor clicking but not turning the flywheel as it doesn't have enough juice.

Try the WRx battery perhaps - something known to have enough juice? Or jump start it with something.

Those nice new cars have an awful lot of electrics, try turning everything possilbe off before trying to start recuding battery drain. If its already doing the "tick" then you might be Siht outa luck

If the dash light stay bright when you try and start it then it won't be the battery.

Some cars these days need to be in a neutral to start, or have your foot on the brake. Have you tried those things?

Could be the relay you are hearing under the dash isn't making contact. If you can track that down by ear you might find it can be swapped with another one from somewhere else in the car.

It could also be the starter's solenoid isn't making contact. To test that theory you could try putting power straight to the starter with a jumper lead. Test the other ideas first and if needed I'll talk you through jumping straight to the starter.

Sweet mate did that, and it fired up thanks... Was clicking away like no 2moro so after some swearing and moving the gears around it finally got going... Talk about a mission, and it's such a pain that even Euro Batteries are different from the usual Jappa batteries.