Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Sti Ra Running gear swapover DCCD q's

Im going to attempt to swap the running gear from a v3 sti ra into my v4 wagon. I know everything will pretty much straight swap but my main concern is the dccd, i know its almost impossible to wire in the dccd ecu to a car that doesnt have dccd to begin with. I know v3 and v4 are very similar but what are my chances of taking the whole interior loom and ecu etc from the ra and fitting it into my gf8. would this be the best way to get the dccd up and running or would i encounter to many other problems? has anybody here retrofitted dccd to another car?

Koom on here will be able to inform you how to get it fitted im sure from fitting Dccd into Joshs old gc8 rally car, I can pm u his number if u want. U met him at RDL a while back.. And mate u don't want dirty ol DCCD :P so I think u should give it to me ;D

WRXER said:

Koom on here will be able to inform you how to get it fitted im sure from fitting Dccd into Joshs old gc8 rally car, I can pm u his number if u want. U met him at RDL a while back.. And mate u don't want dirty ol DCCD :P so I think u should give it to me ;D

We fitted an aftermarket kit (think it was DCCDPro, may have been Neetronics). Was a piece of piss to setup i.e. a few wires, mounted a G-sensor and a single dial (although I managed to find the wrong power wire as someone had left the key on so the unit kept playing up until it got re-wired :-[). Could choose what type of map we wanted it to use i.e tarmac, gravel etc and changing the settings was done by just turning up the dial. Could have used a factory dial but Josh wanted the CNC'd alloy one in his car.

That was also a full auto dccd controller (unlike the early factory ones).

kamineko said:

you can also use a simple PWM motor speed controller avail from Jaycar

exactly the same principal as the subaru dccd controller

a lot cheaper and proven to work just last weekend by the APET guys

http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=KC5225&keywords=motor+speed+controller&form=KEYWORD

What does this do? does it automatically adjust the dccd for ya or something?

no its simple a pwm controller and you use a variable resistor (volume control) to vary the width of the pulse

[the dccd is not voltage controlled, the voltage is set and pulsed much like a boost solenoid]

if this is gobley gook then best to get someone's help wiring it all up :) or try using the original suby controller

this is equivalent of the simple user controlled GC8 DCCD. later bugeye onwards have Auto DCCD which is far more complex and relies on g-sensors and the abs wheel speed sensors etc

• 2 weeks later...

It works!! i removed the whole dash and brace bar behind the dash to get to the wiring and discovered that although pretty similar the RA loom was missing a few plugs that me wrx loom had. So i ended up hacking up the RA loom and removing the all the wiring associated with the DCCD and working out what went where as i went. From there i took the DCCD ecu fitted it to my car and run all the wiring behind the dash to the respective locations. Most of the DCCD loom is contained to itself so it was actually relatively easy.

Basically once you have removed the DCCD wiring from the main loom there is a blue wire which needs a low current feed for the thumb switch and there is a yellow wire which needs a high current feed for the relay, a pink wire which needs to be spliced into the handbrake switch and a few black wires which need to be earthed.

I had to feed the two wires for the gearbox switch through the firewall and solder on the DCCD plug which is a 6pin plug where as non dccd plug is 4 pin.

IT was a bit of a mission but its one of those jobs that once you have done it the next one will take half the time. If anyone is considering the swap feel free to pm or ask any questions