Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

help me please with hooking up my monster tacho

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a Integrated shift light on the steering wheel in the 02sti, was kind of sweet to be honest,

I was going to get a Stack ST8600 Steering Wheel Display but yea was kind of silly, plus I would have felt the need for a helmet and that would defiantly look wired driving around town

Voting for the BFH. And maybe a BFE to give it extra swing.

Come on I'm 23 and have never thought a monster tacho in a car that has one from factory is cool :P And as a chick I gotta say, they only attract girls with infections from other car boys. Ewwwww...

If you want a shift light, there are classier ways of doing it than mounting a kitchen clock on your dash...

YO DAWG, I HERD U LIEK RPM, SO I PUT A TACHO ON YOUR TACHO SO YOU CAN REV WHILE YOU REV.

(Sorry, different meme)

Seriously bro... we're not that kinda club for the most part, so you'll probably get a fair bit of teasing :P

this thread is so off topic i was asking for help but it has just made people make it off topic.

im asking for help not to be bagged and laughed at? :-[

well help i dont no how to hook it up on a car that is injected im only asking for help for the power i can do the rest stop bagging me that i got a tacho in my car who cares its not you're bloody car i just need help with where 1 wire goes how hard is it people help me please.

Guest boostin

Pull the dash cluster out. On the back of it, directly behind the factory tacho, you will find a screw marked T or RPM (I can't remember which one it is). That is your tacho feed from the ECU. Run your wire to that and Bobs your Marley.

Oh come on people, monster tachs are mean!! How can everyone not want one??

Tip - set it for a 3 cylinder so it makes it look like your engine can rev out to 10,000rpm. ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Best place to mount a monster tach... in your trashcan. :D But if its what u want thn go for it i guess. Just make sure u tidy up the wires coz ive seen too mny ppl put them in an leave all the wires lying all over the place, looks like crap from the outside. I think just the shift light wuld b cool, but i dont know how to wire that stuff. It depends on how modded the rest of your car is too, coz a monster tach on a car stock-ish car is the no1 way to shout to everyone, IM A RICER!! 8)

spicyHam said:

Best place to mount a monster tach... in your trashcan. :D But if its what u want thn go for it i guess. Just make sure u tidy up the wires coz ive seen too mny ppl put them in an leave all the wires lying all over the place, looks like crap from the outside. I think just the shift light wuld b cool, but i dont know how to wire that stuff. It depends on how modded the rest of your car is too, coz a monster tach on a car stock-ish car is the no1 way to shout to everyone, IM A RICER!! 8)

And having a cannon rear muff and an Exedy sticker on your stock-ish car dosen't????

Pot this is the kettle calling....

geez glad i didnt put my monster in the leggy might keep it for when i get another car

god some of you CS members can be judgemental at times SHAME ON YOU

Chur

T1M0

yea i got a 7 colour display monster off trademe about a yr ago $38 on the $1 Reserves

was going to put in leggy but electrician didnt have the time thank goodness has a shift light think i might slap it in my next car

hoping to get van or ute as need something practical hence why i have a wags wont be for a year or two as i'm an underpaid government agent lol