Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Fuuny feeling when driving my S202---After more than 2 months

Valkyrie

After havn't been driving it for more than 2 months, (only driving my work car Honda city LOL ;D) I think today is a good day to take it out from garage to see some sun shine. Holy shxt, I almost can't drive it. >:( ???

I already get used to my city driving shift which is almost like a old bus. Damn long shifting compare to the short shift gear of the STI. It is almost like no displacement at all. I don't even know if I am in the gear or not. Also already forgot the reverse gear is in the 6th gear poistion. don't need to mention already forgot the 6th gear as well.

Sitting like I am driving a F1. I am very happy on the city driver position. High and good viewing in all direction. of course the height of the chassic limits the cornering speed this is for sure.

Clutch is another problem, heavy duty compare to soft clutch. I almost stall my engine several time in front of traffic lights. Shame on me when people looking a me driving a performance car but can't start properly.

The most scary thing is the brembo brake. Stop like in instand. I think I give people behind me a heart attack as I brake as hard as in my city.

Surprisingly, it is not as fast as I tought after I have been in a 25 years old car for some time. It is boosting 1.3 bar in factory setting but um................ don't think really quick. ???

The only think I am still very happy about my S202 is, even there is already a ton of dust on its body, it is still a very eye-catching car in fuel station, on road and on police eye.... damn XXXX stop me on road for no reason. >:(

Solutions;

Grease brake rotors

Swap clutches with me

Swap gear linkages with me

Swap drivers seats wi.....awww to hell with it just stop complaining and give me your car!

I had similar issues after driving my RS for the first time in a couple of months after driving a GTB around. Felt like I was sitting on the floor, the gearlever seemed to be solid, the damn thing wouldn't idle (Tuning problem but made life extra difficult) causing me to stall constantly, the flywheel/clutch combo is stupid and caused me to stall constantly, the suspension seemed to be solid but then so did the whole car, everything squeaks, everything rattles, it was noisy as hell but it still feels like a giant go-kart and when it finally spooled and took off, I couldn't keep the grin off my face (freeboosting a GT30 sized turbo will have that effect though ;D).

It makes me appreciate my car even more, had even been considering selling it previously and most of that was because of all the stuff that I miss soo much i.e. go-kartiness.

Dude that is the best feeling!

I drive a Toyota Liteace 2.0L diesel around for work monday to friday.. its heavy, diesel, underpowered, high off the ground, body rolls like a double decker bus and is a general piece of shit.

Then in the weekend i get into my stripped 1100kg 320kw atw STI RA.. as you said its like a go-kart, definitely not complaining!

I used to love driving my GT to work, because then i used to get into the GT30 on the weekends and appreciate all the small things again...like a radio/heater/insulation/air con/carpet/glove box/rear seats

Iv got to admit the shitty Toyota liteace still has its pro's.. leave it unlocked anywhere and dont even think about it, throw a dirtbike and fishing gear in the back and your away for the weekend.

The 320kw RA is the car you drive when you cant get to sleep at night

And dads E55 AMG is the car you take out when you'v lined up a date haha

every car has its purpose..

I realise it is hard to get use to drive two different type of car at the same time. Like my Honda City vs STI. It is so different in teams of speed, handling, driving style etc.

Anyway the honda gives me very good fuel consumption. 12km per liter of 91. Round trip to Hamilton for $20 in average speed above 95km/h. Beat that... :P

evlRA, agree on you. I drive my S202 when I can't sleep at night in winding country road. My fun to drive than on motorway.

Scoobydoo said:

If you find the brakes stop too sudden, I can swap them for some 4-pots, which will be more what you're used to, and you won't have to scare anyone anymore :-)

You don't NEED Brembo's, your car isn't very heavy... ;)

Gotten used to how heavy the steering is yet, or the short throw?

Yeah it's going to be weird driving a turbo'd car again haha, going to give nzefi a try once I get the catch can etc fitted so as to work out a tune up to 24psi and fix any issues that come along. Re sinclairs has been good, but would rather be there at the time of tuning so if I need to grab anything like fuel pressure regulator I can race next door and pick one up...Get things rectified that day instead of finding out at the end of the day the issues that came up.

Next friday, so gotta get a trailer and get it over to Darryls. Then after that back to Tony lol to get the last of the bits and bobs done ie racing seats, harnesses, oh and windscreens too haha

nt_a_foz']

[quote name='Koom said:

Just use RDL's trailer. I'll race you to get our cars road legal and running properly :P

/quote]

ahhaha your cars been off the road for months...mind you so has wrxers ahha

i want to see the leggy again up here for new years/xmas

Thats the plan ;D

And thinking about it, both our cars got parked up around about the same time. Although I was only supposed to be fixing the gearbox :-[ haha

Haha yeah u just started off on the gearbox and doing the odd lil bits on the gt-b...... I thought I had blown my clutch and decided ah fuck it while its off the road to do the cluthc. If I knew it was just the right rear axle, I dunno if I woud've got so much done lol. But not to complain, finally got off my ass to get things on my car done. Both of us have been procastinating for sooo long to finally get things rolling on our cars haha

Man this is all familiar. Been driving the Legacy for a week or so, finally decide to switch back to the Impreza after Frankie very kindly punched me in the face with her sun visor as it fell off the roof >:(

Reach over to release the box from park and find leather boot. Facepalm, put clutch in, hit reverse and proceed to nearly slip off rather stiff pedal with underused left foot. Jerk off in first gear, wondering why the hell the thing actually has torque and feeling like the street is made of gravel. Proceed to upset passengers by driving jerkily for the first few km... try to slide around a corner only to have it stick like sh!t to a jumper...

Muh guh, Imprezas are quite something to adjust to after driving more nanna-ish cars :P Even the sh!tty Imprezas like mine.

No we are clever.... Like my female workmates think they have outsmarted me..... When in reality I just don't care haha, when I said I don't care I really don't care haha. Yet they still claim they have been succesful in outsmarting me haha...

girlz are funny... :P