Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Where can i buy LED's?

funkytown

I have the angel eyes head lights for GC/GF and these have three leds (vertically) on the iniside edge of the light..

One of them (due to my fault) has shorted and gone screwy. It pulses light now instead of contstant. I thought it may have been the wiring but i have swapped several around and its the same one that pulses.

The only thing i can see on it is the code VLR 495. I have some pics which il put up soon to help show/describe what i mean.

Any clues help would be awesome

funky

nztintin said:

dicksmith have a good range at powerbase stores? I buy quite a few randon resistors and leds from there for work.

thanks - your a sparky eh tintin? Does that number mean anything? Thing is i cant get the led out of its plastic enclosure, it forms part of the fitting and looks pretty unique >:(

smokn4 said:

anyone know where to get replacement bulbs for the halo part of these lights??

im sure all of the halo rings on mine are all blown, cant seem to get them going ,

no matter how i wire them up ???

come and see how ive wired mine dude.. Failing that buy a new set and give me the LEDS out of your dead ones :D.

very similar to T5 #75 the second link.. thanks. Il try to take a clearer picture of mine.

I guess you would call them a wedge fitting.. the push into the socket like auto fuses do.. the wedge is solid tho with two wires that wrap around the base, +ve and -ve

Cross reference bulb model:

T10, T9, 5w5, 194, 158, 168, 147, 152, 158, 159, 901, 904, 912, 916, 917, 161, 184 192 193 918 920 921 922 923 926 927

mine has VLR 495 on it, maybe thats the type of bulb reference

nztintin said:

that just looks like a t10 base similar to numberplate lights (the pic of it in your hand) could be a t5 base ???

Pull out a numberplate lamp and compare it, i know you can get leds in both t5 and t10 bases from trademe, i was running some as numberplate lights.

ok i willl - sorry LEDs is something i dont know anything about..

t5/t10 is the Base or wedge shape/model?

the the wedge is 2cm in total.. 1cm is the base, 1cm is the bulge.. and the little LED itself is square with a dimple of top.. about 1/2cm

i've run the trademe ones in my licence plate lights for about 2 years now, they had about 10leds on them and lit up the ground with a "fast and furious" glow they were so bright.

are they your park lights in your angel eyes funky?

yeah t5 or t10 is the base shape, t5 is smaller that t10 AFAIK. have a look against your number plate lights that should tell you. you could also maybe just run normal lamps in your lights if you wanna be cheap??? justb depends on current draws as the leds draw nothing compared to normal lamps.

normal lamps i find are a yellow light compared to the white led light.

not taking anything away from nztintins post as he is a electrician so would know more than I.

might have to look at getting some for the plate now fast and furious styles ftw :D

its in the phots in this thread.. they are circled in red.

They come on with park lights and i un-ashamably say they are totally for show.. not glow

I will stick to the LEDS for show/glow reasons. and i have now confirmed they are T10 fitting and found suitable replacements from LEDstuff.co.nz. been talking to Carl there and hes the man!

to explain angel eye lights.. they have 4 main components..

The Fullbeam light..

The normal beam light

Park lights

outer rings

The first two are like normal headlights. They have normal H4 bulbs.

The park light operation has a normal park light with a normal bulb, but also has 3 leds in the inside (circled in red) ((show not glow) and also outer rings (which go round the full and normal beam bulbs) ((again show not glow)).

so in short the front of my car glows like a christmas tree.

I will take some photos in the dark tonight to try and show you how they work