Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Interesting......

zarnah

so the young maori boy that worked for me last year keeps on telling me "disconnect hose 10 on your twin turbo bro and it makes it go real hard ow!", anyhow curiosity finally got the better of me and against my better judgement I gave it a go just before and came up with interesting results.

First of all the primary seemed to come on really quick, and second, and most interesting is that VOD all but disapeared???

Probably not very good for the motor so just tried it the once but it actually made the twin somewhat exciting to drive.....

What is that hose 10? it seems to lead off under the fuse box on the passenger side

JoKer said:

I'm everywhere

Lies, all lies.

IIRC, line 10 is the primary's wastegate solenoid vac line... you're simply disconnecting the solenoid and allowing primary to free boost. On a VF13 powered car, you leave it like that, and you can kiss primary good bye, these turbo's are renowned for dieing.

Should have a read of how the sequential system works mate.

http://www.veloce.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Twin%20Turbo%20Operation/ttopprt2.htm

ReubenH']

[quote name='JoKer said:

I'm everywhere

/quote]

Lies, all lies.

IIRC, line 10 is the primary's wastegate solenoid vac line... you're simply disconnecting the solenoid and allowing primary to free boost. On a VF13 powered car, you leave it like that, and you can kiss primary good bye, these turbo's are renowned for dieing.

Should have a read of how the sequential system works mate.

http://www.veloce.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Twin%20Turbo%20Operation/ttopprt2.htm

Screw it...

Give it Assholes Ryan...

Go on. We know you want to.

ps.

Put a new primary turbo at the top of shopping list ;D ;D ;D

I dont doubt at all that the vacuum line 10 is wastegate solenoid vac line but would have thought if it was free boosting I would expect it to run a bit more boost than 9-10psi by the time it gets to the normal crossover point, and there doesnt seem to be that primary dying out and then secondary spooling up feeling like normal, its just primary boosts to 9-10psi and the secondary almost kicks in like it has spooled all ready and just takes over from the primary, anyhow any rangi mod like that cant be good or everyone would be raving about it so not going to try it again, vf13's are a dime a dozen, engines are not lol

zarnah']

[quote name='ReubenH said:

Forced upgrade to a VF18 or 26 eh. ;D

Do it for science.

/quote]

forced upgrade to the spare vf22 I have sitting in my shed.......

hmmm could be keen if I was guaranteed it would only pop the turbo and not my engine

lol yer its mostly likely what would happen... you have an EJ20G right.. nasty nasty block

funkytown said:

you have an EJ20G right.. nasty nasty block

You mean the EJ20H which is what's in the early TT's, or does he actually have a spare 20G sitting somewhere...

Anywayh, here's a diagram:

TwinTurboSetup.bmp

It seems 10 goes to the BBoD, and the solenoid... And is not directly connected to the wastegate. Maybe it's not freeboosting the primary. Dunno what it does...

And same thing glen.

Guest boostin

10 is the return off the boost control solenoid. Pull hose 23 off, thats the boost control line.

It will only hit 16psi or so before it switches to secondary operation.

You need to disconnect the secondary wastegate too if you really want it to freeboost.

My understanding is that when its boosting only on primary, the wastegate is actuated at lower boost than it is when boosting primary + secondary. (VF18/19 anyhow)

All disconnecting #10 does is open the wastegate at the same psi as when boosting on secondary.

My experience with this 'mod' is that outright performance gains are negligible, but there is a much fatter torque curve between 3 and 4.5k rpm on part throttle. IE: normal driving conditions/highway overtaking etc. In my car, vod is improved but still present.

I'm too scared to run it for too long like this, but i'm yet to hear first hand of anyone frying their primary or engine as a result.

Ran a friends BG5 like this for a wee while. Was fun but would missfire and shit itself royally if you gave 'er too much welly. Car didnt run right anyways but it definately hit 14-16psi on the primary

as a side conseration i think relates to this..

in a TT set up... we know its all sequential. What i dont understand is:

a) what pressure each of the turbos are running when the second opens.

b) the nature of two turbos and assosiated pressures

explaining b) what i mean is say primarly is running 10psi and the secondary 6psi.. do you get a cumlative pressure of 16 psi at the manifold (which i think you dont).. or do you get a hyrid (average) of say 8, or is it the lower of the pair.. 6psi.

Reason i think this is relates is i think that the 2nd option is the true reflection of what happens (or similar) which means to get 16psi the primary must run at 16psi on Twin mode (both running)...

If its completely different some one please explain - genuinely interested.