• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

engine problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikesti

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if i remember correctly he drove it down form Auckland so im pretty sure he was the only owner in dunners, don't think it was in the best nic when he bought it, had been fiddled with badly, was running a TD04 even.

STi-TypeR']

And if i remember correctly he drove it down form Auckland so im pretty sure he was the only owner in dunners, don't think it was in the best nic when he bought it, had been fiddled with badly, was running a TD04 even.

Yeah this sounds more like it....

Yup sounds like STi-TypeR has got the right one, all the receipts were for hoses, pipes, clamps etc, just heaps of lil things.

Yup got twisted turbo and bov under the scoop. It WAS fkn fast lol.

Lol this other one wasnt fast at all but like i said it was spitting sparks out the exhuast at 180kms so no wonder it ate itself....

[quote name='Shale said:

OH SNAP @ carnage pics

Right so that's what things look like when your piston and head try to have sex...

yeah that prolly what the blue type R i know of looks like in the engine....

no offence but it ran like crap!! hunted like a bitc h, would stall when you came off boost, hepsa lag. Bit more time, link and a tune of something like that was what it needed and woulda been a wepon.

VV nice car tho the missus really wanted me to buy this one.

As in...is anything ever certain?

Also, proper build along the lines of a known good block such as a new Subaru with warranty shortblock, or a PBMS shortblock, reconditioned heads etc...like, stuff you can make demands over if it blows up ;D

Mealz']

[quote name='driftrex said:

hang on so what was the actual cause if this mess? i see from the pics the valves are missing, but how did that happen, were they dropped or did the pistons somehow come in contact with valves and smash them off? looks like the valve stems are still there.

/quote]

Not entirely sure what happened, but id love to know how and why it did! :(

so the entire valve stems were dropped? so they arent held in place by the collars and retainers at the top anymore?

thats really bad luck if you hadnt touched the heads.

Mealz']

[quote name='driftrex said:

hang on so what was the actual cause if this mess? i see from the pics the valves are missing, but how did that happen, were they dropped or did the pistons somehow come in contact with valves and smash them off? looks like the valve stems are still there.

/quote]

Not entirely sure what happened, but id love to know how and why it did! :(

if it was a push rod motor I would of suggested over revving valve bounce , these new fangled enjunes me not so sure on :)

some one made a MEALZof it :)

sorry dude that will be expensive to fix :(

log1call said:

Yeah well hard to be sure from those pictures but to my mind that piston has a certain melted look to it, and that would go with that big crack in the bore. Valves dropping off dont ususaly crack bores, overheating does though.

na mate cracked just below the head of the valve no melting there