remap

FULL service

......................a wopping 157kw

oh well i know now to leave cars alone! lol

/quote]

did u do a turbo back exhaust?

pretty dismal result bro - what boost?

+1 seems very average....

yea had a downpipe as well. Dave from Dtech did the remap/tune. really good dude, looks like he has build some pretty serious subarus so have total faith in his ability/knowledge.

He said it was the fuel, can only get 95 here in the naki so that was the limiting factor. 18psi. He did say he could of squeezed a little bit more but i did say it had to be reliable so yea.

Qwerty said:

180kw on 98 would be normal for those mods so 157kw on 95 Octane is not too bad...

there have been version 7 WRX's that were remapped- and got between 200-220kw on about 18psi, and 98, as evidenced by Pappu's (or his mates) and that white one on CS.

I think your 180 estimate is a little low

i know thats what you got josh - but for the sake of comparing oranges with oranges yours is different to the ej205's on flashed factory ecu as samwilly and the examples i gave managed.

(i got 160kw on my first tune, v3 sti, 98, 18psi and vf23)... my engine was broke tho thus proving the oranges with oranges requirement.

sorry...but i was commeting to qwerty and the 95 octane.

as for power, im showing that an old eninge with heaps of kays with a average setup can get good power...im really surpised that he did not get more power...

am also taking into account differnt dyno etc.

Edit,: EJ20g out powering a 205.....on factory comp?

samwilly01 said:

crikey well finally all done

fuel pump

vf38 turbo

intake

remap

FULL service

......................a wopping 157kw

oh well i know now to leave cars alone! lol

What a rip!! :o :oprobly had more power before the changes!!

All dynos are different.

I am guessing that Dave used Ross's (DDT) dyno in the naki to tune it?

Dave tuned my car there a while back, and it didnt make the "number" he was expecting, but upon driving the car it felt more than adequate for my needs (and also a lot better than a much higher "number" I had on a different dyno previously ;)).

More importantly, how does the car drive now? Does it feel better than before? If so, then dont get too hung up on the final number - they are only really good for w**king on about!

dubbedup said:

sorry...but i was commeting to qwerty and the 95 octane.

as for power, im showing that an old eninge with heaps of kays with a average setup can get good power...im really surpised that he did not get more power...

am also taking into account differnt dyno etc.

Edit,: EJ20g out powering a 205.....on factory comp?

As above all dynos are different some are harder reading than others - so it can be hard to compare.

For example

one dyno i know says a wrx v7 makes 180kw atw stock + TBE. Whilst other dynos might only show 145kw for a stock car wrx v7.

A stock spec c with a tbe only doing 180kw atw vs it doing 200kw on another dyno.

From the dynos i have used i'd find it hard to believe a td04 @ 11 psi would make 180kw ;):P but im sure it goes well.

For the OP with a TBE and 18psi im sure its going alot quicker than stock with minor mods and a safe tune.

Qwerty said:

As above all dynos are different some are harder reading than others - so it can be hard to compare.

From the dynos i have used i'd find it hard to believe a td04 @ 11 psi would make 180kw ;):P

*goes looking for dyno sheets (two different dynos - before and after)

also i upgrade to a g4 link and got 1kw more...so it was right on the edge as far as maxed out settings, but was all using the factory gear, and the poor motors still going now!

yea could be different dynos but would not expect it to read awfully low rite?

for e.g. my old v7 wrx - TBE + FMIC on a vf28 turbo did 224kw@w on 18psi -

i was only going to assume that his car had a better turbo so should put more but i guess u never know..

yea man, does it drive better?

yep does feel a bit quicker. it was 133kw with mods without tune. im pretty sure a friends evo 7 got about 125kw totally standard on that same dyno. Makes me now realise how crazy my brothers honda was (430 kw, same dyno)!!!

funkytown']

[quote name='Qwerty said:

180kw on 98 would be normal for those mods so 157kw on 95 Octane is not too bad...

/quote]

there have been version 7 WRX's that were remapped- and got between 200-220kw on about 18psi, and 98, as evidenced by Pappu's (or his mates) and that white one on CS.

I think your 180 estimate is a little low

stis man not wrxs...

Dave defiantly knows what hes doing with tuning thats for sure, done all mine and many a high power car.

As said above dynos show different figures some read high some seem low,

As already said they are all just a big wank factor but im sure dave told you this its just a number and the dyno can be tricked to read whatever you want easliy enough if all you want is a "number"

Guest itsgotgo

I would say dave tuned it to have zero ping on 95,when he was doing the boost controller on my car ,he was surprised at how much det the car had on 95.Thats all we get around here too.

When he took me for a squirt,he handed me the headphones and it was pinging coins down the shute at 15psi.

Dave is a tuner that likes to ensure things are right.

Safe tuning is good,unsafe tuning is for people with unlimted amounts of money.

I would think your car will be in a very good state of tune.

That 157 on 95 will be a very good pulling 157atw :)

itsgotgo said:

I would say dave tuned it to have zero ping on 95,when he was doing the boost controller on my car ,he was surprised at how much det the car had on 95.Thats all we get around here too.

When he took me for a squirt,he handed me the headphones and it was pinging coins down the shute at 15psi.

Dave is a tuner that likes to ensure things are right.

Safe tuning is good,unsafe tuning is for people with unlimted amounts of money.

I would think your car will be in a very good state of tune.

That 157 on 95 will be a very good pulling 157atw :)

yea i saw what the dude was working on/had in the car park, he builds some cool shit!

samwilly01 said:

yep does feel a bit quicker. it was 133kw with mods without tune. im pretty sure a friends evo 7 got about 125kw totally standard on that same dyno. Makes me now realise how crazy my brothers honda was (430 kw, same dyno)!!!

What Honda would that be? Local car?

yep local ie in my shed (not mine tho thank god)lol it hit 430kw last winter but the head fell apart (RSLs old integra head) so, total rebuild, water to air intercooler, back to c16 (instead of meth) much better cam profile, kinda hoping it would hit the 500kw make but poo'd itself on the dyno thanks to what looks like, maybe average workmanship on the rebuild.

yep its black, so black you wil have never seen it run a competitive pass hahah