Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

the search for truth.......and power!

Ok first of all im a bit of a tool when it comes to Subaru's, not really up with the play on what model has what.

Anyway my issue is this......... i want more power.

Car: 06 wrx

engine: ej205

current mods: cat back fart can, bov

indended use of the car: daily driver - must be reliable

power goal: maybe 200kw but not too fussy

budget: $4500 for parts

Ok guys, what parts would be best bang for my buck? for this money is 200kw realistic for a daliy driver?

Cheers in advance?

Big Sam

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boostin

Stick with what you have for now. 200kw will be near the upper reaches of its capabilities. It will also retain street driveability.

sweet sounds like im on the right track (link plug in). will the injectors need to be upgraded also?

lol whats the code for an Sti turbo (so i can have a bit of a hunt on trademe haha)

An IHI VF23 or VF30 would suit nicely for a bit more power, seeing as you have a WRX itll only have a small TD04 from factory. Either of those turbos will be capable of 200wkw, and stil maintain response and driveabilty. Chuck a 2.5in siamese downpipe on at the same time. Dont get a link plug in, the factory ECU can be reflashed to suit your mods. Factory 440cc blue injectors should get 200wkw but couldnt hurt to go up to sti pink 565cc injectors. Also recommend doin split fuel rails with upgraded walbro pump.

DPI said:

Sell car, buy an STI...

WHAT?

Someone was gonna say it.... ;D

Haha fair call, looked into it but could not justify the price difference between the two! dam 06 stis are expencive

these would be my options if i had the same car etc (ensure car has had a good service and in tip top mechaniccal condition goesm without saying)

stage 1

turbo back exhaust

sti top mount intercooler

retune

(change NOTHING else - just a good service)

option - walbro 500hp pump

mate thats 200kw for u.. same as this other guy here who got it in his v7(01 wrx)

if u put a bigger turbo, ur bluetop injectors will go up to220kw so still got scope..

but the above mods will set u at a very max of 2k..

if u really wana spend 3 k then:

stage 2

front mount

bigger turbo (vf22, 23, 30 )

retune

this should get u closer to 220kw and

and for 4.5k aka stage 3

add bigger injectors

tuned exhaust manifold with different bigger turbo to suit

retune

thats approx 240kw

note - the retune is done only once (in the end of the mods) in my calculations - just go for the level of mods u want and then tune one u amass all the parts

the prices are based on some items being non brand new (trademe) and mates rate on some of the work being done

these are my 3 stages (which may differ from what other people may think of but its just what i classify them as)

as an example - im on stage 2 aiming for 220kw budget being 1.5k (cheaper too in an sti as they have bigger stuff already)

lastly, if u are going to spend on stage 2 upwards, get an STI as recomended as they have a better base IMO

samwilly01']

[quote name='DPI said:

Sell car, buy an STI...

WHAT?

Someone was gonna say it.... ;D

/quote]

Haha fair call, looked into it but could not justify the price difference between the two! dam 06 stis are expencive

But a tidy o3, or 04 STI probably wouldn't have been...

However, since ya didn't, go with the sugested re-flash, but watch the exhaust side as, with a down pipe (i'd recomend one) and the exhaust, you may be opening yourself up to noise fines...

turbo back exhaust

retune

Crikey you really reckon that can crack the 'magic' 200 number? I thought the standard turbo would run out of wizz well before that !

Anyway if that is the case dam subaru's make power a lot easier than dirty ol hondas

Who wants to sell me a sti top mount

last qustion ...... with a sti body kit, wheels, seats and now maybe a top mount intercooler can i now say i have a singapore spec sti ??? ;D

samwilly01 said:

Anyway if that is the case dam subaru's make power a lot easier than dirty ol hondas

I thought that was a given.

The question is how long your 5 speed and wrx engine can hold up to the 200kw atw beating.

samwilly01 said:

turbo back exhaust

retune

Crikey you really reckon that can crack the 'magic' 200 number? I thought the standard turbo would run out of wizz well before that !

Who wants to sell me a sti top mount

last qustion ...... with a sti body kit, wheels, seats and now maybe a top mount intercooler can i now say i have a singapore spec sti ??? ;D

Only on TRADEME...

hahahah na mate u need sti engraved keys for full singapore spec sti :D

but yea bro - that mods will give u 200kw - been done by another member here in a white wrx bro

in any case, i would highly suggest u to get a walbro 500hm pump for good measure - $170 for them is cheap insurance..

same mods on an sti (hence same $$ spent) will get u 220kw at the wheels ata a minimum,,

if u dont get an sti top mount, go front mount - the bling factor alone makes it good hahaha seriously tho, ur td04L will not have much lag with the front mount ay

boostin said:

Stick with what you have for now. 200kw will be near the upper reaches of its capabilities. It will also retain street driveability.

Amen dude.

Why is it the first thing to come out of almost every Soob Noob's mouth is "I want more power" ?

::)

newsuba']

[quote name='boostin said:

/quote]

Amen dude.

Why is it the first thing to come out of almost every Soob Noob's mouth is "I want more power" ?

::)

Meh - power is good ;D

• 2 months later...

crikey well finally all done

fuel pump

vf38 turbo

intake

remap

FULL service

......................a wopping 157kw

oh well i know now to leave cars alone! lol