Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Subaru Legacy GTk concept car

This is about a month old taken at the Nov 2009 Sema show.

I think I quite like it compaired to a standered one :)

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1037690_subaru-unveils-track-ready-legacy-gtk-concept-at-sema

2009-subaru-legacy-gtk-concept_1002.jpg

Hot on the heels of last week’s tease of Subaru’s WRX STI and Legacy VIP concept cars planned for this week’s 2009 SEMA Auto Show comes a third concept from the Japanese automaker, once again based on the new 2010 Legacy.

If a turbocharged, lowered, beefed-up Subaru sport wagon sounds like a great car for taking to the track or for some autocross action, then this is one concept you should definitely take a close look at if you happen to be attending SEMA this year.

Described as the “ultimate” track-ready sporty wagon, the new Subaru Legacy GTk concept car is aimed directly at performance enthusiasts who may possibly have a family-lift the tailgate and you’ll find a Coyote Motorsports XP go-kart for the kiddies.

The concept was developed by Specialized Vehicles Inc. (SVI) and features a modified roof, blacked-out headlights, a custom front bumper with integrated fog-lights, hood vents, smoked tail lights and a fully custom black-over-red paint scheme.

The powertrain was also boosted up and now includes a new six-speed manual gearbox, a modified exhaust system and recalibrated ECU, all of which liberates a healthy 300 horsepower and 350 pound-feet of torque from the vehicle’s 2.5-liter ‘boxer’ engine.

To make sure all that grunt reaches the ground safely, designers also added a short-throw shifter, a viscous coupling locking center differential, a new strut tower brace, a Bilstein suspension kit and a full Brembo brake package with six-piston calipers up front and four-piston calipers in the rear.

[subaru]

DPI said:

What you mean, people are afraid of change?

I'd love to see a change from Subaru...a change from all this generic sh1t they keep designing!

This looks like it's been designed by a 10y/o...

+1, it would be nice if they changed it.

They just put lipstick on a pig.

TBH, i agree, it is a fat pig, but then, SUBARU seam to be making nothing but fat pigs nowadays...

Big fat ugly Impreza,,,

Big fat ugly Forester...and now this.

I 'shopped' the front guard bulge as they looked too much like stick on flares...

let's face it, much like all the current fare, it's a bit of a joke...

subieboy']

[quote name='JoKer said:

WANT!

screw you guys

/quote]

+1 billion gazillion million ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Screw you tasteless guys!

Pretty much what id want to achieve with my wagon in the end. Saves a lot of time and hassle to just buy one ready made

Might just as well buy one of these:

ls601.jpg

ls606.jpg

Dont know if it ever saw production, but that model would be nearly the ultimate Subaru for me. Beats the hell out of their latest attempt

Now you see THAT... that would make anyone warm in special places ;D It's aggressive and sleek, and while it's a little chunky it's also one of the most awesome Legacys made despite this. Can't think of anyone I know that wouldn't voluntarily own one aside from my little sister, who wants a square ol' BC5.

OM NOM NOM.