What Turbo.

telemekas']

[quote name='B4 2000 said:

I'm not going single turbo, I wanna try parallel twin turbo using td04s

/quote]

I am presently running TD04-16Ts

What is your power output at present?

Manual or Auto?

What other additional modification does your car have to support going to 200Kw+?

mods right now, HDi boost controller, GFB mach 1 bov and split fire air filter

car is legacy B4, 5 speed manual

power 150 kw fly wheels at 8 psi

one of the future mods would be a bigger top mount inter cooler (probably costume made)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

telemekas said:

Is the car exhaust system modified?

What is the reason to change from seq--->para?

DSC00307.jpg

factory to 2.5" mid section then 3" with RPS muffler (above pic is MINTGTB's gtb, same system)

reason> different power delivery and to get more power out the engine

Optical said:

I have no idea what it would be like on a 2L though, a bit crap i think. You'd be better off using a slightly bigger than stock single turbo and running lots of boost instead

i guess we will never know till someone tries it :)

B4 2000']

[quote name='Optical said:

I have no idea what it would be like on a 2L though, a bit crap i think. You'd be better off using a slightly bigger than stock single turbo and running lots of boost instead

/quote]

you volenteering? (SP)

dubbedup']

[quote name='Optical said:

/quote]

you volunteering?

i guess i am but wont start the work till i gather enough info and money as well :) so it would be a while before starting a project

TT running VF33/VF32 combos with the supporting mods/ tune can put out 185Kw ATW.

The VF31 (BB) in your car has greater potential than the VF33 (sleeve)just by swapping the turbine housing from its retrictive P11 (10.5) to a P14 from VF25 or P16 from earlier primary turbos (generate PE1016F) This would get you close or past 200Kw ATW in sequential mode.

Regarding the TD04s they can be set up to run seq or para.

With just a TD04 as primary turbo would genarate 130+ Kw ATW pretransion and 200+Kw ATW.

I would suggest to do only the primary first to get the feel and response of these turbos, as they are not BB.

The TD04 to use would one with 15G or 16T comp wheel.

The primary turbine housing to use is a P11 (10.5) or P12 with these you can always exhaust titrate up to a TD04L turbine wheel.

• 1 month later...

i have vf20 and vf27 anyways more about these td04s? can i say just buy 2 off trademe from v7 wrxs? and swap the front wheels and covers from both turbos onto the centre and back half of my twin turbos? and get them rebalanced ? because as it seems there would really be no point in swapping 2x td04s onto my car (lag city)? but i dont see how a 2.5 can spool it at say 2000rpm and a 2.0 at 5000rpm? would it be more like 3500-4000? but i guess when my twin stays in the secondary mode it takes ages to spool up both turbos again