Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

vibration/hesitation underload

Hey guys have a V4 sti RA, standard as, lately its developed alittle bit of an unstable idle, it has a tiny hunt then as it warms up has a little bit of a miss, so it will start at about 1500rpm, drops to about 1200, then down as it warms down to 750, 1000, 750, then downwards of 500 with a bit of a hicup/miss and jumps back to 1000 and starts the cylce over again, Though is fine when its warm just feels alittle shaky sometimes.

Ive cleaned out all the ICV and AFM, today i noticed it had a bit of a hesitation/vibration when i put the foot down between 4000rpm and 5500rpm really noticable in 3rd.

Anybody got any idea where to start, ive been getting alot of shocks off it lately and was told that could be from a stuffed HT lead?? could that be contributing to anything else?

Cheers

yea she needs alittle routine maintanence when i get home, going to do the plugs, leads, fuel filter, ill check the codes, just things that are at that "about time i did those " basket, see what happens,

Engine mount is something that came to mind, specially with the shaky idle sometimes, ill try all this out and see what happens :)

• 8 months later...

you can hear vibration?? like 2 metal plates against each other??

when my big end went thats what i heard when accelerating...might not be the same thing though..

my v5 ra does the same kind of idle cycle..cept doesnt go over about 1300. but drops to below 500 at times done it for ages though

(oh right just realised he sold the car. cbf deleting :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey, yep sold her a few months back, purely as it was either going to clock up the Kms or sit in the garage, Found the issue in the end I think,

Took the inlet maniflod off for a paint and found the soft rubber bit under the hose clamp on the inlet to the turbo had completly perished, so a mass vacuum leak behind the AFM and nothing going to the turbo, hunted down a new inlet pipe and she went better then ever.

check codes to see if computer has picked any faults e.g. dead 02 sensor etc

clear codes so can see if same one comes up again after a fixup or sometimes the issue was not present but somehow the computer thought it was and gave a code so reseting will clear the code and if its still an issue the code will reappear

• 2 weeks later...

Haha no worries keeweechris, didnt even think of it till I took the manifold off and saw all this shredded almost melted plasctic, took a few weeks to find another pipe that I didnt have to sell my left arm for, but yea replaced that and she ran like a dream.