SpeedySub

11 Dec - Grass Autocross #4

29 minutes ago, B4 I was 250T said:

Unfortunatly too short notice for me :(

Yeah it is really short notice, I only found this today. Its the time of year where its hard to get a spare weekend day.

Looks like I might not be able to make it now. Had a deadline change to Monday and looks like I have to work the weekend to get sh*t done. Hopefully we can get the date pushed out and give me at least 1 day off this week!

Looks like I may have at least 1 day off this weekend now. Thank god for external consultants holding things up!

Anybody got any good tips for a total novice?

18 hours ago, SpeedySub said:

Looks like I may have at least 1 day off this weekend now. Thank god for external consultants holding things up!

Take it slow the first couple of times and really learn the track. 

Grass can be very slippery, but over the day it will dry out. 
Learn the scandy flick, and learn to slide the car under heavy braking, it will improve your times if you can flick it around the corners quicker.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

Take it slow the first couple of times and really learn the track. 

Grass can be very slippery, but over the day it will dry out. 
Learn the scandy flick, and learn to slide the car under heavy braking, it will improve your times if you can flick it around the corners quicker.

Yeah taking it slow will be the hard bit!:D

Still hoping to make it out, gotta see how the better half is feeling that day. At least I don't have to work that day though.

if a girl enters these things they usually win because the go slower

drive like a girl = win

boy drive = fun

• Like 1

On 07/12/2016 at 2:52 PM, SpeedySub said:

My first auto cross was awesome my advise is to take it easy the first few times and the more you learn the track the more you learn about where you can push harder and where to take it easy.  My first time of the day was 2.02.23 last time of the day was 1.43.49 and for me beating my own personal time was better than trying to beat anyone else out there.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bigDnz said:

My first auto cross was awesome my advise is to take it easy the first few times and the more you learn the track the more you learn about where you can push harder and where to take it easy.  My first time of the day was 2.02.23 last time of the day was 1.43.49 and for me beating my own personal time was better than trying to beat anyone else out there.  

That's what I was thinking. as long as my time at the end of the day is faster than at the start I will be happy. 

• Like 3

Unfortunately did not make out. circumstances were against me this weekend. at least I now have all the gear I need. will definitely be at the next one.

EDIT: Turns out it was cancelled anyway. Paddock was too wet to use.