Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

11 Dec - Grass Autocross #4

SpeedySub

• Subscribed Member
18 hours ago, SpeedySub said:

Looks like I may have at least 1 day off this weekend now. Thank god for external consultants holding things up!

Anybody got any good tips for a total novice?

Take it slow the first couple of times and really learn the track. 

Grass can be very slippery, but over the day it will dry out. 
Learn the scandy flick, and learn to slide the car under heavy braking, it will improve your times if you can flick it around the corners quicker.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

Take it slow the first couple of times and really learn the track. 

Grass can be very slippery, but over the day it will dry out. 
Learn the scandy flick, and learn to slide the car under heavy braking, it will improve your times if you can flick it around the corners quicker.

Yeah taking it slow will be the hard bit!:D

Still hoping to make it out, gotta see how the better half is feeling that day. At least I don't have to work that day though.

On 07/12/2016 at 2:52 PM, SpeedySub said:

Looks like I may have at least 1 day off this weekend now. Thank god for external consultants holding things up!

Anybody got any good tips for a total novice?

My first auto cross was awesome my advise is to take it easy the first few times and the more you learn the track the more you learn about where you can push harder and where to take it easy.  My first time of the day was 2.02.23 last time of the day was 1.43.49 and for me beating my own personal time was better than trying to beat anyone else out there.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bigDnz said:

My first auto cross was awesome my advise is to take it easy the first few times and the more you learn the track the more you learn about where you can push harder and where to take it easy.  My first time of the day was 2.02.23 last time of the day was 1.43.49 and for me beating my own personal time was better than trying to beat anyone else out there.  

That's what I was thinking. as long as my time at the end of the day is faster than at the start I will be happy. 

• Like 3