Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

licence demerit points?

ok had another thought..25 demerits for breach of learners/restricted.?

but this is my reasoning:

camrhodes said:

3 speeding tickets in 3 years, two of which were only 10-15 ks over the limit how fast was your other one to make you loose your licence? you have 100 demerit points!!! i dont think you have lost your licence

From the Police website:

•1-10km/h = 10 demerit points;

•11-20km/h = 20 demerit points;

•21-30km/h = 35 demerit points;

•31-35 km/h = 40 demerit points;

•36km/h and above = 50 demerit points.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

driftrex said:

sounds like someone other than police are looking for you, did the bailiff even say he was there to take your licence? i think your worrying bout nothing and this thread is a waste of time lol.

+1

Only reason i am so hot on this issue is that i had some mates involved in an accident a few years ago.

One died and the other was pretty screwed up....

The driver was a 35 year old who had lost her licence for speeding demerits.

She went round a 35k corner at like 90 lost control and hit them head on....

It happened about 200meters from the farm i was living on at the time..

Me and the other farm worker were the first on the scene...

The bitch got away unhurt and only got community service cause she had two kids..

Sorry to Missgtb if i offended you.. Nothing personal just bad past experience.

Don't get me wrong i like speed.. Thats why i race..

sorry for hammering ya bout speeding, i dont know everyones personal backgrounds..just what i can read on here at the time.

but +1000000 for keeping in on the track, (shame we cant battle this out on the track madmike)

Guest boostcut

every one needs to engage the brain before talking... who cares about who speeds where.. the fact is, she wants to know if they drop off and does she need to go into hiding in the maramaruas

They only drop off your licence 2 years from the date they are paid, not from the date of the offence. I know this cos I recently got a letter in the mail cos I gained some demerit points recently. So if you haven't paid them, then they will still be on your record until you do, then you wait 2 years. Unless you get your license taken off you for having too many, then it goes back to 0 when you get it back (like what has already been said)

A link for you

How many demerit points do i have?

When do my demerit points expire?

How do I get a record of my driving history?

http://www.police.govt.nz/faq/items/15318

This should probably be in a new thread but I will give my 2 cents here for s**ts and giggles.

First off, I don't speed, I follow and obey all road rules (if not bend them a little sometimes) and have only had two speeding tickets in the 13 years I have held a licence (one 125 in 100 when I was a lot younger and one 63 in a 50 a couple of years ago when I was late for a kart race...stupid.)

I think the "speed kills" campaign is a load of horse manure. Most, if not all, lethal accidents are caused by some action, in addition to speed, that probably would have been fatal if speed was not a factor. I'm not talking about some looser doing 90 in a 50 zone....someone caught doing that should have their licence removed indefinitely. I'm talking about 120/130 in a 100.

I understand the physics behind stopping the different velocities, but crossing the centre line and hitting someone head one or falling asleep/being drunk/being a knob jockey and veering of the road into a ditch or power pole will kill you just as good at 100 as it will at 130. These adds on tv, with the guy coming around the corner seeing someone changing a tyre hitting the brakes, sliding into a power pole and killing himself. Power poles are put randomly along the side of the road, so the same logic could have seen the guy doing 100 but the pole was in a closer location - end result, an idiot changing a tyre in a stupid location kills a guy.

The thing that kills people on New Zealand roads is very poor road design and very poor driver training. Why do we continue to allow solid objects (power poles etc.) to be placed directly next to the side of the road? Especially when many roads have wide open paddocks next to them. Why do our roads allow unrestricted access to the opposite side of the road? Why can our teenagers hit the road un-supervised after no formal training at all (and potentially being taught to drive by a totally incompetent parent) and a half hour, basic, driving test?

All this "speed kills" campaign is about is buttering the nation up for lower speeding thresholds (105 in a 100 will get you a ticket these days) and the population accepting blatant money making. You will never stop all speeding/stupidity on the road (unless you make it punishable by execution), therefore road design should allow for it.

What do you guys/girls think?

good one treecrusher, another thing i have read in the past if you know your going faster you are more aware of what is happening on the road rather than following the lines at 100k...(im still not condoning speeding tho)

To the OP, hand in your licence. I was over 100 demerits a few years back (mostly passenger fines) and I was pulled over in a random check exactly halfway between Tauranga and Hamilton, believe me its no fun hitching back to town and finding someone to tow your car back over the Kaimais.

Agree with treecrusher, speed isnt what kills its people that cant drive at speed. Drink drivers, inexperienced drivers, people falling asleep at the wheel, driving too fast for the conditions and/or the cars capabilty IMO are the more contributing factors to accidents not speed alone. Although speeding amongst lots of traffic, in 50k areas, local neighbourhood, etc is stupid for sure.

Guest boostcut

if missgtb is infact a female, where can i find her riding to work so i can follow in my car? ;D chicks on bikes are hot