Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Cheap deal anyone?

I have seen this car driving around Palmerston North.

It is owned by a young maori fella....

Looks tidy and sounds really nice.

Also noted that it has a sticker from Elite Automotive so the guy obviously knew to take it to the right person to have shit done.

familyman said:

How do you know not sti? I haven't reached trainspotter status yet. ;D

loads of tell tail signs. But the most obvious ones are: black intercooler, 7,500 rpm redline and when you car jam it it comes up as a wrx ra. Not a wrx Sti ra as stated. Find an actual one on trade me and carjam it you will notice it specifies Sti in the model.

familyman said:

Ha!! Just did mine on carjam and it comes up as impreza! Not even a mention of wrx let alone sti. Guess Rick Armstrong too lazy to fill out rego form correctly.

Or it's not an STi. Could be some Cheap arse HX20 with a water damaged conversion :D.

I was a little wrong before, it actually comes up in the submodel field. Mine just says impreza in the model field then wrx sti in the submodel feild.

More accurately you can tell by the chassis code. As the car sales can't forget/fake that.

I actually drove this years ago when it first came in the country and was at that car yard in palmy across from Macas on rangitiki? Cant remember the name. <-- Michael Grant Motors

However, back then it had 102km and was being sold for $21k. It was an impressive looking car but rattled and knocked. Pretty sure with those kms its had a new motor or been fiddled with.

I remember the kms cos the price was so high for it at the time. Even with my massive trade they wanted big money.

It is this exact car.

If something is too good to be true.....?

it usually is?

Check this out VERY thoroughly before purchase!

Treecrusher said:

Or it's not an STi. Could be some Cheap arse HX20 with a water damaged conversion :D.

I was a little wrong before, it actually comes up in the submodel field. Mine just says impreza in the model field then wrx sti in the submodel feild.

More accurately you can tell by the chassis code. As the car sales can't forget/fake that.

Be careful. You could get warned for dissin the mighty HX20!

well it seems this was too good to be true, heres the email trademe sent me.

We have concerns about listing Subaru impreza wrx sti ra 2000 - 278778203

, which you participated in or viewed recently.

************ DO NOT COMPLETE THIS TRADE ************

We have reason to believe that this account has been compromised by an overseas scammer and this listing is not genuine. We have suspended this membership until we have resolved this with the actual membership holder.

If an email address was included in the description or photos for this listing prompting you contact the seller directly you should not send any emails to that address for your own security.

- If you’re ever asked to trade with an international member please do not go through with the trade as you may be at risk.

- If you wish to complete a transaction via SafeTrader, visit www.safetrader.co.nz, create a membership and follow the instructions.

- Never pay by Western Union, Money Gram, PayPal or any other instant payment method.

Remember - Trade Me does not allow traders from overseas. If you are contacted by an overseas trader do not respond to the email. If you have concerns over a trader's authenticity please contact our customer support team immediately on 0800 334 332. Alternatively you can forward the email to [email protected]. We have staff available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

For more information on keeping yourself safe on the site please click the following link to visit our 'Safe Computing Centre':

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Help/SafeComputingCentre.aspx

I’m sorry that you have had this experience and hope you continue to enjoy using the site.

Regards,

Alicia

Trade Me Support

http://www.trademe.co.nz