Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

VF22 on a 2LT WRX engine

Pappu1

assuming 3 inch exhaust and proper fuel setup upgrade and a proper retune of ecu, what would a VF22 turbo make on a 2 litre wrx motor?

would 260-270kw at the wheels be in the relm of a vf22 ?

what sort of boost value to aim for if anyone knows....

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funkytown said:

chris aspros's makes 238kw max'd, on decapped yellows and about 18psi.

decap yellows are like 700cc -800cc right?

i know the decapped pinks are approx 800cc

anyway, is that the vf22 maxed out or the injectors?

the vf22 seems to be rated at450HP (approx 330kw) so i would only assume 260-270 be ea possible for the vf22 ay ???

Qwerty said:

240kw might be possible on a well setup car

Or find a very friendly dyno :P

hmm do tell... where have i gone wrong :

vf22 is approx 450hp as per specs ~330kw max

so not pusing max if 260kw was the mark then at the engine it wud be approx 300kw max

based on that i wud think the vf22 could do 260kw@wheel (do correct my calculations bro)

as i say, with proper fueling (say 800cc injectors)

Guest SPANKU

i havent heard of any vf22 making more the 220kw yet i was close to it but my injector maxed out and ended up getting 215kw on my RA. but there was no sign of it the turbo maxing out

only one way to find out is to get someone to try this setup?

keep us posted pappu

Find a compressor map for the VF22 and then figure if the highest flow point corresponds with the boost level that a 2.0L may require to ingest the same flowrate of air at the desired AF ratio and then you might have a start.

Guest SPANKU

yeah that would also help

there was someone here in the old clubsub forum on the server, that had maxed out his vf22 turned out is because it was a 2nd hand turbo and a tired turbo, i dont know if he ever got back to us after he got the vf22? think his nickname was 22poundofpain or something like that

SPANKU said:

i havent heard of any vf22 making more the 220kw yet i was close to it but my injector maxed out and ended up getting 215kw on my RA. but there was no sign of it the turbo maxing out

only one way to find out is to get someone to try this setup?

keep us posted pappu

lol.. thats why seeing it the theory is sound bro.. im just basing my calculations on the spec

ohyea i remember him.. not seen him here for a while..

anyone got a link to the vf22 map?

on the net searchers it says 400-450hm for vf22...????

Guest SPANKU

i think thats the amount it can handle. meaning if you slapped two of them on a H6 ralley car.

As a rough guide 500cfm is needed to make about 375hp on a well setup engine.

This is not a constant it depends on the volumetric efficiency of your engine.

caspros']

The VF22 runs out at 238kw at the wheels. Well on mine it does. The injectors are at about 55% duty cycle. Fueling is fine. I just can't squeeze anything more at all out of it. Safely.

chris aspros's makes 238kw max'd, on decapped yellows and about 18psi.

[quote name='Qwerty said:

240kw might be possible on a well setup car

Or find a very friendly dyno :P

answer

ah hahah i dint read fully - 18psi..

hmm how come specs say it runs ok to 25psi

it cant be that 18psi is max for a vf22 on a 2litre setup .. i mean my vf30 which is smaller runs to like 18psi peak in factory format ???

and trawling the net - many places seem to sell thei vf22 as 25 odd psi and claoming 400-450hp..

even 400hp is near 300kw which should get to 260kw at the wheels right??

or is it that ovr some usage time the vf22 very quickly drops its potential down

Difference between being able to run a psi and continuous peak.

18psi is the peak it could run all day everyday. 25 will just be pushing air and creating heat. This i found out when i destroyed mine and itd been in the car from brand new for 3 years.

Done maybe 25,000kms.

I wouldnt run it at 25 again if i had another vf22. 20psi maybe.

Swindog said:

Difference between being able to run a psi and continuous peak.

18psi is the peak it could run all day everyday. 25 will just be pushing air and creating heat. This i found out when i destroyed mine and itd been in the car from brand new for 3 years.

Done maybe 25,000kms.

I wouldnt run it at 25 again if i had another vf22. 20psi maybe.

yup and put one on a dyno and start tuning it... sure you can get it to peak at 25psi... it will crash real bad, and blow tonnes of hot air like swindog said generating nill to negative kw.

pappu said:

hmm how come specs say it runs ok to 25psi

it cant be that 18psi is max for a vf22 on a 2litre setup .. i mean my vf30 which is smaller runs to like 18psi peak in factory format ???

and trawling the net - many places seem to sell thei vf22 as 25 odd psi and claoming 400-450hp..

even 400hp is near 300kw which should get to 260kw at the wheels right??

If you have a look at your compressor map you will see as the "boost" pressure rises the turbo is not able to flow as much air. Flow = power not boost. Any turbo will have a pressure ratio that it flows most air and thus makes most power.

A vf22 will hit 25psi or more but the turbo can only flow so much air at those pressure ratios

Your vf30 is only marginally smaller than a vf22. The vf22 compressor is about 0.5mm larger which isn't much.

Advertising does work even if its not true. See your fuelstar thread ;)

hahahaha fuel star had me all stary eyed haha

but yea so in summary what u saying is that a vf22 really cannot push out the 400hp its claimed to be pushing out

how grr of the dam advertising to say such power claims when really its only ever going to do 240max...

>:(