Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

VF22 on a 2LT WRX engine

Pappu1

off2harrys said:

he should just get the evo 7 have no probs getting his 260kw then and much rarer and dare i say nicer :P

No he wont, not without alot of work - 220kw easy, but 260kw takes a fair bit in them too. And then it will fry the clutch and gearbox quite quickly doing rev limiter launches in town. Which wont get him the bitches - so whats the point?

Much better to get a Justy and learn to drive first. Then get the bitches through having money to buy them drinks and show them a good time, rather than being missing out due to being too poor from being arse raped by insurance companies and fuel companies cos he owns a "cool" car.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Munkvy said:

Much better to get a Justy and learn to drive first. Then get the bitches through having money to buy them drinks and show them a good time, rather than being missing out due to being too poor from being arse raped by insurance companies and fuel companies cos he owns a "cool" car.

lol, some of us can't win either way

Simon C said:

Good luck finding an APS SR40, as APS are out of business. I heard they were nice turbos, but not worth the extra moolah over a good TD05 18g/20g.

from what i have been told, the sr40 would not safely push 260kw@w (range was 260-270 but i really dont wana have time bomb engine with the edge of tune lol)

anyway, how much will a td05 20g push and how much are they?

pappu']

[quote name='Simon C said:

Good luck finding an APS SR40, as APS are out of business. I heard they were nice turbos, but not worth the extra moolah over a good TD05 18g/20g.

/quote]

from what i have been told, the sr40 would not safely push 260kw@w (range was 260-270 but i really dont wana have time bomb engine with the edge of tune lol)

anyway, how much will a td05 20g push and how much are they?

Steve Murch does em for $1500.

pappu said:

i have seen 238kw@wheels on a standard v7sti motor been like that for over an year now

i dunno if the redline v8sti (260kw@w) had standard or not - someone here can confirm

I would think its possible getting 240-280kw or more @w with a standard v7 sti engine with the right set-up and tune since its already a factory forged engine with forged pistons and meatier rods.... compare to those earlier motors with bigger rods or forged pistons but rarely both together

I bought my GReddy TD05 18g used (but freshly rebuilt by GReddy) for $900USD shipped. The other turbo that I really liked the look of was the Tomei ARMS M7760, but good luck finding one of those used for less than $1000USD + shipping.

I have 250kw on my setup, which is a V7 Spec C engine on 120,000km standard internals. There's been a lot of debate about the new hypereutectic alloy V8+ pistons vs the V7 forged ones. General consensus is that you need to be pushing serious power to melt the alloy V8 ones, around 500bhp at the crank. Can't comment about the pistons in the earlier motors, but I would have expected technology to have moved on.

Simon C said:

I bought my GReddy TD05 18g used (but freshly rebuilt by GReddy) for $900USD shipped. The other turbo that I really liked the look of was the Tomei ARMS M7760, but good luck finding one of those used for less than $1000USD + shipping.

I have 250kw on my setup, which is a V7 Spec C engine on 120,000km standard internals. There's been a lot of debate about the new hypereutectic alloy V8+ pistons vs the V7 forged ones. General consensus is that you need to be pushing serious power to melt the alloy V8 ones, around 500bhp at the crank. Can't comment about the pistons in the earlier motors, but I would have expected technology to have moved on.

what all have u done (obviously bolt on stuff) apart from the TD0518g

also, wont the t51r be a bit too laggy for 260-270@w?

Guest SPANKU

since it kinda off topic now anyone know what IHI RX6 can do?

i hope to get 205kw at the wheel with this baby ;)

SPANKU said:

yeah 205kw at each wheel :P

SPANKU said:

No doubt, RX6's are as used by the Subaru WRC team and are considered the fastest spooling Turbos in motor sport.

I'm sure the local Turbo heads will provide you with more information rather than trivia.

Guest crunchy

they stopped making the rx6 which is a shame but some teams can still get repairs only threw ihi

yes very good turbo i have in my hands half a dozen pro drive rx6 from "02"

and if you need to ask how much then you couldnt afford them lol

i also have some rx8's!!! im not meant to but hay right people helps

crunchy said:

they stopped making the rx6 which is a shame but some teams can still get repairs only threw ihi

yes very good turbo i have in my hands half a dozen pro drive rx6 from "02"

and if you need to ask how much then you couldnt afford them lol

i also have some rx8's!!! im not meant to but hay right people helps

I remember you showing me a Prodrive RX6 with the magnesium compressor housing.

The RX8 you had there was a huge step up in terms of size; what did you say they were on, the Audi LMP R8?

SPANKU said:

u reakon i shudda open a new topic with the question of the turbo for the power needed?

dont think i still have had a comprehensively proven answer :-[

Guest crunchy
 pappu']

[quote name='SPANKU said:

/quote]

u reakon i shudda open a new topic with the question of the turbo for the power needed?

dont think i still have had a comprehensively proven answer :-[

i cant tell you what the power it is till we know what you have, rx6 only tells the model not the spec

Guest crunchy
 BC5RA said:

I remember you showing me a Prodrive RX6 with the magnesium compressor housing.

The RX8 you had there was a huge step up in terms of size; what did you say they were on, the Audi LMP R8?

the audi runs a garrett tr30r, the rx8 came off everything from indy cars to can am and baja off road trucks