VF22 on a 2LT WRX engine

Pappu1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G-unit']

[quote name='GETLOW said:

We did push out 260kw with I think it was a 50hp shot of NOS out of the Buddy club WRX waggon with a VF22, stock motor and 20psi with an old possum link.

/quote]

is that the RITALN sti wagon thats in this months nzpc? type in ritaln on youtube got sum decent vids

Who in thier right mind posts themselves street racing these days?

basically, i have a cousin who wants to get a 260-270 kw @ the wheels car.

his parents have promised to fund his first car (rich) and thats only when he gets his licence (in 1.5 years - yes he is still in high school 8))

anyway he has some savings (from big allowences obviously) and wants to prep the car he will get eventually

point is being family he can trust family to be able to do up their car while waiting to get parents to buy it for him,,,

currently he is looking at a 2002 evo7 belongs to his step brother or my 2001 v7 sti

i wud love to have a 260kw@the wheels car to drive for the next year or so if he picks mine lol ;D

anyway so the point is - i need some options to get 260-270@w kw with a (reasonable) budget

here is what i see:

turbo - what - possibly an SR40 from aps as recomended by another member here but not sure it will hit the mark safely

injectors - will decap mine (flow approx 800cc)

retune factory ecu

already have exhaust and pump done

not wanting a fmic but will get if have to (have seen the speed source one doing 300kw@w with tmic so perhaps be fine?)

anyway, i have not done such a build before so some options be nice to have.. a bit like a proposal for a business project hahaha well thats what me and the evo7 cousin will do and depending who has a better plan, the sale will go that way..

so yea, help[ me out with ideas and suggestions and budgets etc

3g brand new

possible deal with another guy here who has it 2nd hand (like half price)

these will be good for 250kw@w safely from what i have been told and very strong pull..

although its not for u as u have a twin scroll setup as these are for single scroll.

but u can get single scroll pipes for free so its an easy swap lol

mhm pricey brand new , ive seen the picture if it and info on the website , was hopeing it was twinscroll tho ? can you get a turbo like the sr40 from aps that is twin scroll?

Spec C said:

mhm pricey brand new , ive seen the picture if it and info on the website , was hopeing it was twinscroll tho ? can you get a turbo like the sr40 from aps that is twin scroll?

i think there is the next level up sr50 or something thats twin scroll

it was on a 11.5 sec wrx

but maybe ask on the website and they could do a sr40 in twin scroll version

Koom']

[quote name='Spec C said:

wouldnt need a turbo that big mgiht lag ?

what can these motors put out max ??? im at 220 kw (aw) as it is

/quote]

800hp

lol.. are u for real?

thats a stock GDB motor he is talking abt bro

pappu']

/quote]

800hp

lol.. are u for real?

He never mentioned anything to do with reliability before this.

Koom']

/quote]

800hp

lol.. are u for real?

oh... :D

are u a lawyer...fine print person haha

pappu']

/quote]

800hp

lol.. are u for real?

oh... :D

are u a lawyer...fine print person haha

na worse, an Engineer haha

pappu said:

basically, i have a cousin who wants to get a 260-270 kw @ the wheels car.

his parents have promised to fund his first car (rich) and thats only when he gets his licence (in 1.5 years - yes he is still in high school 8))

anyway he has some savings (from big allowences obviously) and wants to prep the car he will get eventually

point is being family he can trust family to be able to do up their car while waiting to get parents to buy it for him,,,

currently he is looking at a 2002 evo7 belongs to his step brother or my 2001 v7 sti

i wud love to have a 260kw@the wheels car to drive for the next year or so if he picks mine lol ;D

anyway so the point is - i need some options to get 260-270@w kw with a (reasonable) budget

here is what i see:

turbo - what - possibly an SR40 from aps as recomended by another member here but not sure it will hit the mark safely

injectors - will decap mine (flow approx 800cc)

retune factory ecu

already have exhaust and pump done

not wanting a fmic but will get if have to (have seen the speed source one doing 300kw@w with tmic so perhaps be fine?)

anyway, i have not done such a build before so some options be nice to have.. a bit like a proposal for a business project hahaha well thats what me and the evo7 cousin will do and depending who has a better plan, the sale will go that way..

so yea, help[ me out with ideas and suggestions and budgets etc

Sounds like a recipe for disaster, having 260 Kw @ the wheels in their first car! No wonder so many crashes involving young teens when parents are prepared to buy their kids essentially a street legal race car and say here go learn to drive.

Spec C said:

221kw so be careful

Qwerty']

/quote]

221kw so be careful

i have seen 238kw@wheels on a standard v7sti motor been like that for over an year now

i dunno if the redline v8sti (260kw@w) had standard or not - someone here can confirm

This thread is complete bullshit.

I can't be arsed pointing out who specifically but power is the last thing any of you need; Firstly a bib would help soak up some of that brown dribble you all talk, Secondly look up an advanced driving school.

All this wank about power figures and not one of you can drive; just keep the steering wheel straight.

BC5RA said:

This thread is complete bull****.

I can't be arsed pointing out who specifically but power is the last thing any of you need; Firstly a bib would help soak up some of that brown dribble you all talk, Secondly look up an advanced driving school.

All this wank about power figures and not one of you can drive; just keep the steering wheel straight.

hey man just wanting to get some opinions on what turbo ppl have used/recomend for the target pretty much...obviously something that is not too big and laggy and something that is just too much to the edge for the target is out as well

pretty much a balanced unit that will do the required output at best efficiency.. :)

ps. i agree with the whole too much power thing (even with the current level im sure im not getting the best outta it on the track the few times i have been)..but if someone else is wanting to pay for some mods then of course im all yes to wana get them done lol... 8)

off2harrys said:

he should just get the evo 7 have no probs getting his 260kw then and much rarer and dare i say nicer :P

They ride like arse though. Sti are slightly softer but a nicer ride. Do them up with the whiteline package, still retain the ride comfort but enhance the handling. If you want Evo...6, 6.5 or 8.