• Raised $0.00

track car, thoughts??

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B4 2000']

[quote name='jake_the_muss said:

WHAT THE F*** DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE SELLING YOUR BIKE?

WHY?

/quote]

i know i will regret selling the bike but hopefully a track car would be more fun.

why not just take the bike to the track? it's faster...

Aw, this is a subaru forum, enough of this honda crap. I won't dispute their abilities on the track at all, or their price. Yes, they will make most subaru's look like barges with ease.

But as a subaru fan boy, i care not for beating honda's, i'd want me a subie, even if it's a silly choice. I love the look, the sound, how easy it is to work on them...

I reckon, grab an old V1/2 or even N/A, and go from there. A shitty little N/A chassis would be cheap, you won't feel bad about ripping it's interior out, and you aren't held back by loom issues since you'd have to change it anyway. And there a plenty of N/A's that have very light chassis out there (very light in the GC/GF world).

Talk to kamineko about N/A chassis'

um yeah. my chassis cost me 1200. i could build my car again for ... umm i dunno 8k for all the sti bits? its a reasonable base for a track car with huge scope for development

P1010030s.jpg

^ budget trackcar that hasn't dissapointed me yet. however i did all the work myself (saving $$$) but i think thats a must - best way to learn your car

ah no the TM coupe has rego on hold

was replying to ODB

coupe: if it was sti with dccd yeah i would

my first mods would be engine / ebc or tune / suspension / brakes / bushes / braces / track rubber / strip it

doneburger. only worthwhile if you have the time to do the work yourself tho

** i should add i would check the chassis is straight before buying for trackwork

kamineko said:

ah no the TM coupe has rego on hold

was replying to ODB

coupe: if it was sti with dccd yeah i would

my first mods would be engine / ebc or tune / suspension / brakes / bushes / braces / track rubber / strip it

doneburger. only worthwhile if you have the time to do the work yourself tho

** i should add i would check the chassis is straight before buying for trackwork

+1, I just don't have the time to do it all myself hence why it's cost me alot in comparison. If it was just welding up the cage and co then would be alot lot cheaper.

With my hours at work and training, I really only have 1 day off and TBH I need that day to lax a little. Down the track I will hopefully do more work on my wrx and learn about it, especially also Im starting to collect up some decent tools. Plus Im more then happy to see the high quality workmanship my mechanic does and mimic that, instead of my rangi... "she'll be right" methods I've had in the past which have last sweet **** all on the track.

you could buy my B4 and take that to the track? that way you already know the car alright, and you can still drive yours if mine breaks!

WRXER said:

..."she'll be right" methods I've had in the past which have last sweet **** all on the track.

yeah.. for example trackwork EATS 2nd hand hubs (the usual cheap method to replace a dead bearing)

got so sick of wheel bearing/brake/shudder problems that i went on a limb and bought the tools to fit new genuine bearings.. was a good move - reliable brakes for once and its satisfying when your work stands up to the punishment

Guest boostcut

also, if your running semis or similar sticky tyres, a few tracks like hampton downs and manfield seem to break front wheel studs. upgrade to 9/16 studs from your old 1/2 inch ones.