Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

what you think about this car?

Looks nice but is still just a WRX not an STI. The JDM part just means its a Japanese Domestic market model which normally are just the highest spec versions. I think that all 96-97 WRX's that came into the country from Japan would have these features.

What went into the rebuild? Was it done to an STI standard or just to the orginal WRX standard?

SubLeggy said:

was a forged rebuild as the block was bored out to fit new pistons.

The car has also recently had an engine rebuild at Armstrong Subaru at a cost of $7691.00 (fully reciepted) done at 121,479 km's.

lol. Well at $100/hour it's no suprise it cost that much. There aren't many MORE expensive places he could've had it done I'm sure :D

Whilst a little on the pricy side, it's not that bad of a deal. Just make sure that it does indeed have a vf22 and yellows etc. Those coilovers alone saves you $1500+ over getting them yourself later and it should be decently reliable (for a subaru) since it's had a rebuild.

MercuryFree']

[quote name='SubLeggy said:

/quote]

The car has also recently had an engine rebuild at Armstrong Subaru at a cost of $7691.00 (fully reciepted) done at 121,479 km's.

lol. Well at $100/hour it's no suprise it cost that much. There aren't many MORE expensive places he could've had it done I'm sure :D

Whilst a little on the pricy side, it's not that bad of a deal. Just make sure that it does indeed have a vf22 and yellows etc. Those coilovers alone saves you $1500+ over getting them yourself later and it should be decently reliable (for a subaru) since it's had a rebuild.

yeah im sure it had yellows because i could see yellow on the injectors so i know for sure they are yellow, as for the vf22 i couldnt really read the writing on the turbo, but felt turbo kick in at 3300rpm and that normally when a vf22 turbo kicks in doesnt it?

SubLeggy']

/quote]

yeah im sure it had yellows because i could see yellow on the injectors so i know for sure they are yellow, as for the vf22 i couldnt really read the writing on the turbo, but felt turbo kick in at 3300rpm and that normally when a vf22 turbo kicks in doesnt it?

Mine's closer to 3000rpm than 3300rpm but yeah sounds about right then :)

MercuryFree']

/quote]

Mine's closer to 3000rpm than 3300rpm but yeah sounds about right then :)

yeah i reckon its a vf22 aye. still was real tidy and all of that. sounded better than my v7 wrx that i say so my dad said lol. but yeah does the price sound all good for it though? thats what im wondering?

IMO I think it's an ok deal, I would hold out for an STI. Have seen STI's with far less k's on a rebuild for an extra k or so.... All up it's not bad, but I'd do it for 7.5k and no way for 9k.

WRXER said:

IMO I think it's an ok deal, I would hold out for an STI. Have seen STI's with far less k's on a rebuild for an extra k or so.... All up it's not bad, but I'd do it for 7.5k and no way for 9k.

lol the hold out for an sti is really starting to get too me lol, dont know how much longer i can hold out for lol. yeah i thought 9k was a bit too much myself

But then if you wait for a cheap STi, if it's too cheap you'll wonder what's wrong with it and whether it will last very long before going boom! At least with this one you have a bit of knowledge that a rebuild has been done by one of the more reputable places around, so you'd hope it wouldn't have any more engine trouble for at least another 150k

I'd say offer $7700, and you'll probably haggle his asking price down to 8k.

But yes there have been a lot cheaper cars for sale recently, but it's often about what's available at the time. If you are patient, then definitely wait.

SubLeggy']

[quote name='kamineko said:

this car + sti ecu and your away laughing :D

/quote]

what do you mean by that? :P

it already has the yellows, orange afm and vf22, so put the 6S ecu in there and the output will be near enough STI spec... that said, your heads are still probly WRX heads (interesting point thinking out loud - did they get sti or wrx heads).. and the internals wont be forged.

Scoobydoo said:

But then if you wait for a cheap STi, if it's too cheap you'll wonder what's wrong with it and whether it will last very long before going boom! At least with this one you have a bit of knowledge that a rebuild has been done by one of the more reputable places around, so you'd hope it wouldn't have any more engine trouble for at least another 150k

I'd say offer $7700, and you'll probably haggle his asking price down to 8k.

But yes there have been a lot cheaper cars for sale recently, but it's often about what's available at the time. If you are patient, then definitely wait.

yeah ill see what he says to that offer, but yeah i reckon it only should be 8g for it

yeah i dont want to go tooo cheap for an sti though cos then usually they wont last for very long at all, i know what u mean by that, been there already and done that, worse time in my life lol.

funkytown']

[quote name='kamineko said:

this car + sti ecu and your away laughing :D

/quote]

what do you mean by that? :P

it already has the yellows, orange afm and vf22, so put the 6S ecu in there and the output will be near enough STI spec... that said, your heads are still probly WRX heads (interesting point thinking out loud - did they get sti or wrx heads).. and the internals wont be forged.

umm not to sure about the heads, i do know the block was boared to fit the pistons. thats about it. it did say it had 0.25 pistons put into it on the reciept