Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Quality Gauges?

chulozumo

ok so ive found a gauge cluster that should fit in my car and look good! http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.zerosports.co.jp/shop/index.php%3Fmain_page%3Dproduct_info%26products_id%3D707&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dzero%2Bsports%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-nz:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7ADBF_en&rurl=translate.google.co.nz&usg=ALkJrhg0pypK6qd-QDNlTTMaXwD45Jvv-g

i can get it through 41 automotive..

but i dont know anything about gauges...is there any difference with quality? how much should i spend? and what brands would you recomend? really keen on some defi ones...but there a bit expensive from what ive seen..

any help you can give me is much appreciated...

Well if you're spending up on a pod then you should get decent gauges. They don't come cheap though, Defi's are about $350 per gauge, + a controller on top for about $150. You can sometimes get a deal on trademe for second hand ones, but they aren't too often.

In saying that though, you can get ones which look just as good, and are cheaper brands like Prosport. There's a fella who I got some through ages ago - Xyberautos - will do a good deal for ClubSUB members. I ran them in my Legacy and they went well, and looked good too. You will want to make sure you get the right size to fit that pod.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest loren

I have tried a couple of autogauge meters and they are rubbish. Only last 5 minutes if they work at all.

Threw them both away.

Splitfire is a good compromise between price and quality IMO.

• 1 month later...

ok, I have a question, do I need 2 gauges for my B4? one for primary and one for secondary?

or will just one gauge do it? and how would I read a single gauge with twin turbos?

???

I'm using a Calibre boost guage from super cheap... looks good with smooth readings... for a cheapy ($55 on special) they are pretty good, even have good write ups on them... comes with a 1 year warranty too.

But for a little more you could get one of the electron stepper guages that are suppose to be very accurate...

cool thank you! this is the one I ended up ordering, the wife says its a good guage, so thats what I am going with for us, other wise I would never hear the end of it lol lol

Innovate Motorsports G3 Vacuum/Boost Gauge Kit.

DrDarkMatter said:

cool thank you! this is the one I ended up ordering, the wife says its a good guage, so thats what I am going with for us

Take anything a female tells you about anything mechanical with an extremely large grain of salt.

she only found out that I was looking at gauges when she saw our watch list, I asked before I started looking at gauges and shes been sick with the flu all week so I thought to ask here.

DrDarkMatter said:

she only found out that I was looking at gauges when she saw our watch list, I asked before I started looking at gauges and shes been sick with the flu all week so I thought to ask here.

cool. thanks for explaining yourself.

I did a Calibration check on a few gauges one day at work...

Autometer were the only auto gauge to come out with very little error.

Autogauge were reading 5psi lower than what was input into gauge. (and steps of 5,10,15,20psi)

Defi were about 2-3psi lower.

an older electroinc GReddy gauge was 2psi out too.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
 MercuryFree']

[quote name='D-Style said:

Autogauge were reading 5psi lower than what was input into gauge. (and steps of 5,10,15,20psi)

/quote]

Weird, I have an autogauge boost gauge and it is very accurate

same here, the autogauge in mine reads boost accurately too