Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Hit and run - How do I find out details using rego number?

DMN

Does anyone know how to find out a person's details by their rego?

This guy tried to squeeze past on my right, where a single lane was splitting into two. I was in that single lane, not moving anywhere - traffic light up ahead was red. Looks like the douchebag didn't really notice my bright white car in front, and kept on driving, scraping along my rear bumper.

I got out of the car, told him to pull over after the traffic lights. I pulled over - he sped past. All I got were his rego details.

Naturally I've already called the police, reported a hit and run, but considering I have no insurance at the moment, I'm not expecting them to do much

Guest Fastfour
 DMN said:

Naturally I've already called the police, reported a hit and run, but considering I have no insurance at the moment, I'm not expecting them to do much

Not having insurance doesnt mean anything. Makes no difference

Fastfour']

[quote name='DMN said:

/quote]

Not having insurance doesnt mean anything. Makes no difference

heheehh tell fast four the rego :)

it will give him something to do :)

Bough the Carjam report, so got the name of the guy, as well as his company name and PO Box address. Shouldn't be too hard getting hold of him now ;D

Thanks for all the suggestions

Guest boostcut

they wont do anything. just approach the guy and if he dont want to pay, brake fluid in a water pistol does the trick

You know where he lives so you ring him up and say hey mate im so and so, you hit me at this intersection at this time and this day. You didnt stop so i made a report to the police. Did you not see me etc.

If you contact him, keep it civil to start with cos other wise he will clam up and youll get nothing from him.

If he goes nuts and tells you to eff off, then you take a sledge hammer round one night and ding every panel and stab every tyre...you cant claim for your tyres from insurance companies.

Is the car registered to him or a company,if a company and he is only an employee then go to the company I can bet that they will not like being contacted over his mistake...

U should have insurance ....

I would avoid making it "personal" as this is a good way to get an assault charge on your record which is never a good thing :)

The Carjam report doesn't actually give his home address, just the PO Box number. But the name, and the company name will definitely yield some results. Will do a search on the company register, and see if I can get his physical address this way.

Tyre-poking and windscreen smashing sounds pretty fare for the douchebaggery that the guy pulled on me, I'll make that my plan'b'

Today I was lucky enough to discover that the guy works on the same road as I do. Saw him on the motorway. Only realized it when I noticed the car behind me braking rapidly, with a very familiar plate number fading into the distance.. He obviously saw me. Then sneakily changed lanes..

Didn’t want to make it obvious that I saw him, so stayed stayed in front of him. I

did manage to see him pulling into one of the carparks in my rear-view mirror. Might have been a side street actually, but its not a biggie.

It's just a matter of time now, seeing that I know the approximate area where he works, and the time he starts working, as well as the route he takes ;D

I agree. Waiting for cops to do something in my case - is a f*k*ng waste of time..