Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

whats a caldina GTT worth

what do u guys think i can realistically get for a MY2000 GTT manual 117km ?

few mods like exhaust and external and lowered and bodykit and bov etc - very clean and tidy.

this guy wants to swap with my vy as i want a bigger space than the surrent sedan but not sure on the changeover figure my way.

just some opinions be good

i have seen on TM but cannot decide on a figure. most of them there are the 97-98 model not the 2000 one

also, how good are the gtt's?

the gt-ts are a good car basically a celica gt-4 in a wagons body,they go very well you'd probably find performance similar to your sti.and are typically toyota over-built and reliable.

shouldercharge said:

you'd probably find performance similar to your sti

Really? I would've likened them to a GT-B or a standard WRX wagon. Before even mentioning a v7 sti. I'd take the v7 any day of the week.

shouldercharge said:

the gt-ts are a good car basically a celica gt-4 in a wagons body,they go very well you'd probably find performance similar to your sti.and are typically toyota over-built and reliable.

Not quite what i've heard, Boost only ~6psi from factory i think?

and heard of a few that have blown up after been modded/boost wound up, but then again you only hear of the bad ones :P

what sorta turbo do they have.. someone mentioned and twin entry ceremic one? lol.. not sure if they had them in the 2000 model gtt..

na its not near as quick as my sti after a quick test drive hmm a tad like driving a gear aand half higher at accelerating

seems i need a bit more space due to work requirements hence thinking of a quick wagon that does not scream pergormance lol..

toyota names usually inspire dreams or gutless non performance cars where as a wrx causes looks of speeding and theft from the work people

ok right so how do i find out..

i assume that the one i wud be ideally having is the ct26 which is the twin entry right??

lol.. im a noob if its not the beloved vf series..

na cant do gtb as subaru is automatically associated with boy racer (old ppl dont really think there is a difference in wrx or evo or legacy it all says boy racer damit)

so yea need $$ for change over sum depending on how much a gtt goes for so can get a difference to tell guy for the swap with my sti...

dam i really wish i dint have to give my sti away >:(

PS. so the model number will tell me the details?

rego # DPA55

Munkvy said:

If your buying a car based on what old people think of it your probably best off not buying a car at all. Let alone anything turbo and Japanese.

gotta do it for work purposes so they dont take the fuel card away bro.. plus have been in suituations where need more space to load stuff hence wagon.. and why toyota - read below

they are not too keen to fund fuel for my sti and its either i get another vehicle or find another non travell role..

funny thing is that the fuel cost $$ wise is not that high and pretty much just slightly above the other work guy ..just that its bugging some "ppl" to see the whole sti as a work paid car...grrr damm haters!!!

nt_a_foz']

[quote name='aim said:

some of the guys at toyspeed will probably be able to tell you.

/quote]

i tried to join up there the other day and every email address i tired it said was banned???

HAHAHHAHAHA u been hit wid the ban stick :)

(Toyspeeder here)

You have to sign up with a NOT free email addy

Also the GTT's run a ct15

They WILL blow up if you mess with the boost as they run significantly higher compression than the gen 2 or 3 3SGTE as found in the GT4's and Mr2's

If you keep them stock then they are pretty bulletproof.

Stock they run 12-13 psi

Makes around 145-155kw atw stock

Good for a high 13 1/4mile stock

I would suggest for a facelift in manual if you want a quick sale 10k

If you want to hold out, maybe 11-13

Remember these CAN NOT be imported anymore so good ones with low kms are getting harder to find

To put it in perspective my flatmate had a 1998 blue manual, totally stock with 165kms

Sold for 8k

So 2000, with 120ish kms

10k sounds about right

lunchie said:

(Toyspeeder here)

You have to sign up with a NOT free email addy

I tryed to Join up with the site a few years ago. I used my xtra email but never got sent the comfirmation email... even tho I did look for it in the spam box etc.

Even early this year I tryed to see If I could re register or tryed to log on but couldnt and still asked me for me to do the comfirmation email.

I did try email a mod etc but I think I got No reply.

So I gave up.

I was trying to find out info on my old Hi lux.

Guest boostcut
 aim said:

I believe the caldinas got the twin entry turbo. CT20b? or CT15b?

One that's welded to the exhaust manifold? or am I thinking of something else?

your thinking of a 3c-t diesel.

GTTs are shit and slow. Not made as a performance car and bugger all room for them as a station wagon. The legacy smashed my mates GTT in terms of how much we could put in it and the GTB is a better kid car. Plus its faster. GTT is only like 165kw is it not?

Swindog said:

GTTs are s*** and slow. Not made as a performance car and bugger all room for them as a station wagon. The legacy smashed my mates GTT in terms of how much we could put in it and the GTB is a better kid car. Plus its faster. GTT is only like 165kw is it not?

195kw*