Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Front mount better than top mount?

the bigger the garage the more stuff you seem to be able to full it with i need to have a clean out of mine.

i also have a run about (the mrs car) i like it that $50 gas last me two weeks if i'm careful unlike a week if i'm in the rex. Just have to save for my bigger topmount i want to get this as it's been on here a while now just unsure how it'll fit

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=228480268

90444757.jpg

but i've recently found this

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=229171525

98330751.jpg

but i think it'll go for $150

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QRAF said:

the bigger the garage the more stuff you seem to be able to full it with i need to have a clean out of mine.

i also have a run about (the mrs car) i like it that $50 gas last me two weeks if i'm careful unlike a week if i'm in the rex. Just have to save for my bigger topmount i want to get this as it's been on here a while now just unsure how it'll fit

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=228480268

90444757.jpg

but i've recently found this

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=229171525

98330751.jpg

but i think it'll go for $150

You get a week in the rex?

Man im lucky if i get a few days on half a tank.

ive been wondering what to do with my rsb in terms of intercoolers where alot of people say fmic on tt is laggy etc etc but i dnt feel many have tryed it properly or at least posted alot of info on it

a fmic is a bit much for me i was thinking what about using an electric fan on the top mount to draw through cooler air from the boonet scoop down through the cooler and out the bottom? maybe would have to make up a special intercooler cover so it didnt just rotate hot air through it

i was searching through some other forums like scoobynet.com and legacycentral.org and a canister mentioned earlier in the thread is for the antilag

also found this website could be good for some ideas

http://www.subaruwrcspares.com/

Guest keltik

a few people have considered the intercooler fan idea many times before. And the general agreement was that it would prevent heat soak but at any kind of speed would inhibit airflow.

Best thing to do is to look at what competitive racers and rally setups use. Those guys know what makes power and dont really need to worry about what looks good. Youll notice very few of them use a massive front mount without moving the turbo (twisting or relocating in front of the block).

The top mounts flow well and are effective to more power than most people will have. Especially with a water sprayer and a nice size scoop.

may just try a few things i guess the trouble is there arent many for my car so was trying to keep away from upgrading and just making what i have better (water spray and fan)

and if i did upgrade after reading the rest of this discussion it doesnt seem like there is much point unless im running a large single turbo and around 250+kw on a racecar going flat for 5 or 10laps

also found

http://www.autospeed.co.nz/cms/A_0868/article.html

http://www.autospeed.co.nz/cms/A_107759/article.html

Guest boostin

You have very little space under the intercooler on a twin turbo. On either side is the hot pipe from the turbos, and through the middle you have the heater pipes.

Personally I would just set up a water sprayer and not worry about a fan at all. Maybe later look at a slightly larger top mount.

• General Member

'borrow' your rear washer pump/line is easy fox or scrounge another pump from pick apart and drill new hole in washer bottle etc

Keep

It

Simple

Stupid

a little xtra work and you can wire a circut (available from jaycar) to pulse or only fire under heavy load etc

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Subaru/Engines/auction-229171525.htm

was looking at this intercooler as well

what do i need to get ot make it fit 97 rsb

do i need a special brake or clutch master cylinder?

would that be a good upgrade? will look to direct air through and water spary aswell

would the effort be worth it ?

with the v7 part does it allready have the remote reservoir or do i have to modify it to make it fit the older 97 rsb

the main question is will this make much of a difference anyway compared to standard with small fan for in town use and waterspray

Guest keltik

Will make sweet F all difference around town. Stick with a standard top mount (maybe go later model STI) and a water sprayer.

Keep it simple and spend the extra money on hookers and beer

lol hookers and beers hahah the misses wouldnt b to happy wif that id like to know more about the jay car kit is it easy to install i dont really want to chop up my loom

these are the parts previously mentioned right?

CAT. NO. KC5422 RRP $11.90

Intercooler Water Spray Controller 03/06

Ref: Silicon Chip March 2006

Intercooler water sprays are a very effective and inexpensive way of upgrading intercooler performance. Using a 'dump' system to trigger the spray often results in the need for frequent water top-ups. Simply add these few components to the Smart Fuel Mixture Display Kit (KC-5374) and reduce water consumption by up to two-thirds with no loss in cooling efficiency. QTY

1+ $11.90

5+ $10.70 06&IMAGE=

and

Smart Fuel Mixture Display for Fuel injected Cars

Ref: High Performance Electronics Projects for Cars - Silicon Chip Publications.

We have sold thousands of mixture display kits over the years, providing many enthusiasts with a great meter for their car. This new ‘smart’ version has a few additional touches such as auto dimming for night driving, emergency lean-out alarm, and better circuit protection. Another great feature is the ‘dancing’ display which operates when the ECU is operating in closed loop. Closed loop means that the air/fuel ratio is optimum for fuel economy and emission performance. Kit supplied with PCB and all electronic components.

* Car must be fitted with air flow and EGO sensors (standard on all EFI systems) for full functionality.

javascript:MM_openBrWindow(