Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

22B at Wingers in Greenlane

Guest boostin

thanks. it looks real tidy hes done a good job of putting it back to factory. i did notice he has the same trust exhaust as mine. the engine looks standard, but have heard it has a possum link.

Do you know if wingers is going to have it for sale?

Guest boostin

The only non-factory bits that really stand out are a pair of slimline fog lamps in the front bumper and that bee sting aerial, and from what I've heard they're all coming off.

No, no idea what's happening with it.

Guest boostin

One of the vehicle reconditioning guys (read groomers) drove it the other day down to... dunno where to be honest, but he reckoned it was damn quick and hard to keep in a straight line. It kept wanting to step the arse out. He has a reasonably modded V5 WRX so he should know what he's talking about.

cornf3 said:

no 22b is detuned to 205kw. the type r has vf28 turbo and the 22b has the larger vf23 but vf28 spools quicker making it a touch faster to 100kph (talking when standard). When you tune it with an aftermarket computer and supporting mods you can get heaps more power out compared to type r and more torque as it is a 2.2ltr.

You will not get anymore power out of a 22b versus a type R they are both limited by the turbo. The v3 type r also came with the vf23.

But yes the 22b will have more low down torque and spool better.

yes as stock it made more power than a std sti of the day - 221 KW @ the engine

Im not sure i'd call the engine unique tho - the one i've seen looked pretty std.

I could not say no they don't - 100%

But i seriously doubt that it does.

Just like every other Sti it makes peak power about 6500rpm so why would you bother upgrading the rods with all the extra expense that goes with it?

With a vf turbo it would make stuff all power at 9000rpm for alot of reasons.

To me the engine looked like a std ver 6 r or ra engine with a bigger intake and exhaust. And they tuned it for abit more boost. It doesn't take much to gain 15kw.

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi
 cornf3 said:

Yes. Thats why most 22Bs are modified in some way as you dont want to be at the lights and beaten by a v4sti type R. as i said before standard they are detuned to 205kw at flywheel

not too mention the sick ass wide body... nom nom nom.. the front kit is super nice too. IMO

id love a 22b.. last time i saw one on tardme was about 55k! ::)

Those red cambelt covers must surely add 20kw though! :P

But yeah, i'm aware 22B's are just tickled V4 RA coupes, there's always going to be myths floating around em. Especially from America, they even look at BG GTB's as something way more than they are. Numerous times i've had to point out to em that no, BG's don't get alloy bonnets, no, they don't get 4-pots etc etc. Lol.

cornf3 said:

modified they are. mine does 0-100 in 4 seconds flat and tops out at 250kph, may go to 260 but would be right in the redline only because of the gearing. The UK 22B tops out at 280kph ( has longer 5th gear)

I wasn't being serious. you can't really compare them at all.