Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

22B at Wingers in Greenlane

Guest boostin

What requirements have to be met before my vehicle can be registered in New Zealand as a special interest vehicle?

Requirements that the vehicle must meet

To have a vehicle identified as a special interest vehicle, the NZ Transport Agency (NZTA) must deem it to have historic value or it must meet three of the following four requirements:

The vehicle (or its make, model and submodel) is identified as being a collector's item in one of the following magazines or their respective websites – Australian classic car, Car and driver (US), Automobile (US), Motor (Australia), Motor trend (US), New Zealand autocar, New Zealand classic car, Road and track (US), Top gear (UK), Top gear NZ, Unique cars (Australia) or Wheels (Australia).

The vehicle's make and model has been (or was) manufactured in annual volumes of 20,000 units or less.

The vehicle is, and was manufactured as, a two-door coupe or a convertible.

The vehicle is, and was manufactured as, a high-performance vehicle.

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/factsheets/44b/special-interest-vehicles.html

I'd say a 22b ticks all of those boxes... even a humble type R gets 3 out of 4 !

The vehicle's make and model has been (or was) manufactured in annual volumes of 20,000 units or less.

tick tick tick, you can officially import 22B's legally.

interesting so only 200 special interest are allocated each year and can only be private import for personal use not as your main vehicle.

Still have the issues of finding one for sale from Japan as ive heard UK have imported the majority of 22Bs

Qwerty said:

What requirements have to be met before my vehicle can be registered in New Zealand as a special interest vehicle?

Requirements that the vehicle must meet

To have a vehicle identified as a special interest vehicle, the NZ Transport Agency (NZTA) must deem it to have historic value or it must meet three of the following four requirements:

The vehicle (or its make, model and submodel) is identified as being a collector's item in one of the following magazines or their respective websites – Australian classic car, Car and driver (US), Automobile (US), Motor (Australia), Motor trend (US), New Zealand autocar, New Zealand classic car, Road and track (US), Top gear (UK), Top gear NZ, Unique cars (Australia) or Wheels (Australia).

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/factsheets/44b/special-interest-vehicles.html

I'd say a 22b ticks all of those boxes... even a humble type R gets 3 out of 4 !

So does my 86 RX11 :) and it over 20 years as well

now how do i gets this cheaper rego

I know of 22b which was Rolled/rear ended car in J-land which was brought into NZ in Tauranga

Alot of things went missing from the time it left the yard in Japan to when in got to NZ.

Guy is connected with the Rally and speedway worlds so parts proly ended up there.

Wasnt the Jake the Muss 22b in a minor crash few years back? I remember checking this car out at John Newton Panel beaters and had the front end dismantled...

Be interesting to see how many 22b's are in NZ.. They same to change owners alot

cornf3 said:

i didnt know that, when jack the muss 22b was here in palmy i remember it was a bit rough.

It didnt look bad. It may have been a minor nose to tail. Was funny, cause we went there to look at the 22B and couldnt get over the interior.

Theres a few 22B's in aussie.

QRAF said:

1st thing i'd do it paint it red lol.

biggest increase of power you'll find for bang for your buck ;D ;D

Bahhahahha its true you know and then a monster tacho a foot in diameter just to make sure you know what revs your engine is doing as that red paint job will make all the difference hahhahah

camrhodes']

[quote name='QRAF said:

1st thing i'd do it paint it red lol.

biggest increase of power you'll find for bang for your buck ;D ;D

/quote]

Bahhahahha its true you know and then a monster tacho a foot in diameter just to make sure you know what revs your engine is doing as that red paint job will make all the difference hahhahah

not sure about the tacho but i'm glad you agree about the paint. ;D