Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Best place to buy speakers?

I'm wondering where you guys think the best place to get speakers is? List any pros and cons that you can think of for various places. Also if you could tell me what your preferred make is. I'm looking for a pair of 6"/6-1/2" and a pair of 4"/5". Any ideas would be a great help!

Eion

if you know what you want, I would use trademe, if you are careful they still have the best prices.

I would stick to known manufacterors

I love our sounds and have played around a LOT and installed a LOT of different systems

IMHO

stick to

1-MB Quartz

2- Infinity (reference series)

3- JBL

kenwood are pretty good

but if you dont have a good headunit they will all sound like shit lol lol

sorry if I went out of topic there for a second ;D ;D

DrDarkMatter']

if you know what you want, I would use trademe, if you are careful they still have the best prices.

I would stick to known manufacterors

I love our sounds and have played around a LOT and installed a LOT of different systems

IMHO

stick to

1-MB Quartz

2- Infinity (reference series)

3- JBL

kenwood are pretty good

but if you dont have a good headunit they will all sound like s*** lol lol

sorry if I went out of topic there for a second ;D ;D

Thanks that just what i wanted to hear unlike -->[quote name='Swindog said:

A shop :)

haha but i guess ask a stupid question get a stupid answer. Thanks to both of you!!!

Only reason to get 6x9's is if you want some semblance of bass without having a sub. if you have a sub as well, they are pretty much redundant.

As far as speakers go, if you want trouble free installation of your front speakers, get 6.5" / 16cm ones. They should all fit in the factory spacer, but you may have to hack the plastic weather shield off if the magnet is too big.

Brands to go with are as mentioned above, and I have also installed a number of Pioneer speakers as well, also good value for money. Although the last set were 17cm and were too big, but that just involved making some MDF spacers - not a big deal really.

If you filled out your location, I could recommend some good shops, or if you were in Wellington, I'd offer my help.

I have 6.5inch JBL components - they didn't fit in the factory spacers... made some with marine ply... mint now.

Must admit they sound pretty good too... i play everything from trance to Cradle of Filth... they handle it all very loud with 110rms going into them.

Guest keltik

I deal with Clarion and Pioneer. Offering discounts to ClubSub members. Personally id just go and buy some Alpine speakers for the fronts - I like Alpine :D

Always best to go into a shop that sells speakers and have a good listen to the speakers if you're able to. Everyone's ears are different so one brand may have a better sound to you than someone else. Other than that, I agree with everyone else on their suggestions.

Cheers all!!! The best bang for buck came in a pair of super cheep auto brand speakers... I know half of you wont believe me but they well out rated all the other brands there at 1/2 the price. I don't mean they had the highest ppo, but things like there RMS and -3db ratings were pretty impressive for there price. Really well put together too. Serious unless you want to say a brand name give them a look!

keltik said:

I deal with Clarion and Pioneer. Offering discounts to ClubSub members. Personally id just go and buy some Alpine speakers for the fronts - I like Alpine :D

thats a good point, I used to like Alpine a lot, I have not looked them recently tho, but they used to make GREAT gear