Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Zerosports Sequential Controller - CEL?

ReubenH

I've done a fair few ZS controller installs now... I've done, I think over 7, and have managed to do one on every type of TT loom. I've had CEL's in past, and all you do is check it, "oh look, such and such sensor is not getting to the ECU". Simply check the wiring, and sure enough, it's usually a wrong wire, or something silly.

Well, I isntalled one on glens BE (Omegah) the other day, and got a CEL. 'Sweet, this has happend before, no worries', so we looked it up, and it's the differential pressure sensor. I checked the wiring, all good. Checked ALL of the wiring again, and all good. Had someone else check all my wiring, and it was all good... Random...

I did some more digging around, and it turns out I had lent the soldering iron on the controller loom, and melted 3 wires, one of which was the diff px sensor... So I fixed that thinking it'd do the trick, but no, even after that, it still was getting the CEL. WTF.

Here's where it gets tricky. We prodded around with a multi meter, and the sensor is talking to the controller fine, and the controller is talking to the ECU fine, the wiring is all mint. We test drove the car, and everything performs beautifully, it drives fine, the controller works, and does it's thing! Yet, the CEL remains!!!

I'm stumped, how can everything be fine, and working, but have a CEL anyway. I've done an installer on the 3-plug BE before, and didn't get this issue, and i've installed on ALL other types of TT, and did not get the issue. WTF.

Idea's people?

2 ideas we have had is to get another controller and check that, and get another sensor, and check that. I don't think glens had a chance to do anything though.

ReubenH']

That's not how I understand how it works, but yeah, we left it disconnected for half an hour, with no results. Maybe glen needs to do the connectors-plugged-together-and-drive-over-10kph trick

So plug the green and black plugs together that are under the dash on drivers side and go for a drive and keep it over 10kph??

For how long?

[quote name='Scoobydoo said:

That's what I'd do. If the CEL blinks normally, then it'll be cleared.

What does the blinking normally blinker look like :P

Omegah']

That's not how I understand how it works, but yeah, we left it disconnected for half an hour, with no results. Maybe glen needs to do the connectors-plugged-together-and-drive-over-10kph trick

So plug the green and black plugs together that are under the dash on drivers side and go for a drive and keep it over 10kph??

For how long?

[quote name='Scoobydoo said:

That's what I'd do. If the CEL blinks normally, then it'll be cleared.

/quote]

What does the blinking normally blinker look like :P

bloody Glen, use the search, you lazy bum!

:P

-Smurff

I've got a 2000 gtb spec c with zs controller and i get the same code(65), doing a ecu clear via laptop/cable clears my code but it comes straight back after a short drive.never showed this code before i installed controller. i guess the ecu notices that things are working not how it wants to??

turkey said:

I've got a 2000 gtb spec c with zs controller and i get the same code(65), doing a ecu clear via laptop/cable clears my code but it comes straight back after a short drive.never showed this code before i installed controller. i guess the ecu notices that things are working not how it wants to??

Aaaaah, so it has happened before! Maybe this is a 3-plug BE/BH issue... But WHY is the big question, hmmmmmmm.

Tried that, still getting 65

when i get some money might take it to an auto sparky, at least the car is running fine, so its not such a biggie atm

ReubenH']

[quote name='turkey said:

/quote]

Aaaaah, so it has happened before! Maybe this is a 3-plug BE/BH issue... But WHY is the big question, hmmmmmmm.

na more of a c-type/d-type ecu thing from what ive seen the a and b type ecus are less tepramental than later ones. Zs controllers work real good on bg but since this is be/bh i would have reccomended an ecu flash/tune.

acidbath']

[quote name='turkey said:

/quote]

na more of a c-type/d-type ecu thing from what ive seen the a and b type ecus are less tepramental than later ones. Zs controllers work real good on bg but since this is be/bh i would have reccomended an ecu flash/tune.

My ecu cannot be flashed/tuned

mattapo']

[quote name='Cloud said:

Reset button on controller is behind the display, just squeeze the sides and pull it off

/quote]

I couldn't find it?

you have to open it up as such

Yeah i took the front cover off where the display is, was hard to look inside cuz of all the wires that attach the faceplate, can anyone show me a photo of the reset button?