Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

bh5

i'm in the market for legacy station wagon ;D i will make sure i get it this time.. i've been wanting it for a long time and every time i look for a car, i ended up getting something else somehow

looking for a bh5 at the moment

i see there is tba, tba e-tune, tsr, tx...

what's e-tune??? and what's tx???

i'm not fussed about turbo or n/a at the moment but i have a feeling that i'll regret if i get n/a

i most likely have something wrong but ill give it a go:

TX = Pov spec, just some seats and a 2l NA

TSR = Same interior as GTB but still 2l NA

GT = Twin tubro 2l with basic interior and standard springs

GTB = Twin turbo 2l with all leather or half leather and bilsteins (just buy this one)

Some one correct me if i have anything wrong

collaboration said:

i never even heard of rev-d until now... lol

so e-tune is just interior changes..

i think i will look for something gtb.. or tsr if i get desperate.... funny i wrote tba... lol

Rev-D refers to the final revision, made from mid '01 onwards. Rev A, B and C were before that. ;)

TSR is 160hp from memory so a bit faster than the basic 2.0 as well as having a nicer interior and better suspension etc. But once you go turbo its hard to go back!

GravelBen']

[quote name='collaboration said:

i never even heard of rev-d until now... lol

so e-tune is just interior changes..

i think i will look for something gtb.. or tsr if i get desperate.... funny i wrote tba... lol

/quote]

Rev-D refers to the final revision, made from mid '01 onwards. Rev A, B and C were before that. ;)

TSR is 160hp from memory so a bit faster than the basic 2.0 as well as having a nicer interior and better suspension etc. But once you go turbo its hard to go back!

o i see..

how much would you guys pay for gtb rev d?? it looks like i need to budget it in between 10~12k?? i'm not really looking for a bargain but don't want to get ripped off either

TX is SOHC and TSR is DOHC, bringing with it slight power increases.

So yeah :)

Some 2001's are Rev C. but anything from 02 and 03 I'm pretty sure is a sure bet. Just check under the hood, the chassis number should be BH5D if it's Rev D or BH5C etc :)

10 grand should net you a nice one with a decent history and straight body.

EDIT: It should be mentioned the manuals have more power. But if you want an auto, I wouldn't put too much weighting on it. the difference is around 10kw or so.

EDIT2: The fastest way to tell if it's rev-d is to look at the wheels. if it's stock they look like mine :)

zni6Ul.jpg

as opposed to rev a, b and c;

148702476_full.jpg

GravelBen said:

Here's one:

17042_407442865111_845035111_10614328_20

Mmmm, purdy ;D

I'm not 100% sure the change of grille, lights and the alloy bonnet = Rev D engine. The only way to know for sure is to check that plate in the engine bay.

• 2 weeks later...
 Flippymoi said:

Quickest way to tell is definitely headlights/bodykit. Most foolproof is to check the model code. I think all E-Tunes are Rev D?

Na, mines a 2001 C and its e-tune, i have checked chasis code etc to confirm

Ohh and its for sale, single turbo with VF22 & possum link

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,17222.msg241257.html#msg241257

yeah aim not quite right mine at 2000 GTB E-Tune, says production of E-Tune from June 2000 till may 2001 for rev C, rev D E-Tune was how ever June 2001 – June 2003.

If anyone interested in finding our about Code the website is http://www.scoobyprojects.co.uk/technical/appliedmodel.shtml

Applied model

Model

Legacy GT-B E-tune (*see notes)

Body Style

5-Door Estate (Third Generation, Revision C)

Engine Type

EJ206

Engine Specification

1994cc, Horizontal opposition 4-cylinder, 16-valve DOHC, Twin-Turbo (260bhp)

Transmission

All-wheel drive, 4-speed automatic “Sports Shift”

Production Period

June 2000 – May 2001

Market

Japan

yur hers mine:

Model Legacy GT-B E-tune (*see notes)

E-tune badge stolen

Body Style 1-Door Estate (Third Generation, Revision C)

Engine Type EJ208

Engine Specification 1994cc, Horizontal lambada 7-cylinder, 21.5-valve SOHC, quad-Turbo (380bhp)

See through windows

Double Over Head sunvisors

Transmission All-wheel drive, 5-speed manual

Suspension -

Production Period June 2000 – May the force, 2001

Market Botswana

Notes * Code also used for Blitzen, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid