• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

damn up pipe is leaking

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, they do hang low. Would a factory bash plate (if you can get them for wrx? i know legacy ones exist) fit over them? Theyd get mashed in a day on my car, and its not even THAT low really.

Also, each to their own, but i miss the sound of my old GTB that had twinscroll equal length headers on it. Was more an evo sound than a honda sound. Very aggressive.

sti8u']

[quote name='BLAZD said:

hell they would be hitting the road on mine

/quote]

are you only running factory headers?

yeah man been looking to upgrade but all the off shelf ones will deff smash the road :(

163466_180373378657423_100000542857326_5

already about 4cm from lip to road

Guest S T  E Y E

does anyone have any aftermarket un equel legth headers that keep the rumble all the way to reline?? or would they just be as powerfull as stock manifold??

are sti factory manifolds different to normal wrx ones???

S T E Y E said:

does anyone have any aftermarket un equel legth headers that keep the rumble all the way to reline?? or would they just be as powerfull as stock manifold??

are sti factory manifolds different to normal wrx ones???

im sure factory manifolds are the same between non sti and sti.

Guest S T  E Y E

oh so u cant get them now??

does anyone have a true comparison to comparing the stock headers to un equel legth headers...

as in they didnt have a leaky up pipe and all they upgraded was the headers ...same psi and what not...

and how much did the sound change??? am thinking of going to headers but i doubt the gains will be worth it?? plus the strength???

Guest S T  E Y E

how is loosing power not a fail of epic proportions ??? in my eyes it is even if its a daily runner...

To me ya cant beat the standard...for the sound...performance...and strength

Its like any mod though... if you buy cheap stuff, dont expect it to perform well. Compared to a decent set of headers, those redline ones are cheap as.

Blazd, do you know what sort of powerloss we're talking here?

KwS said:

Its like any mod though... if you buy cheap stuff, dont expect it to perform well. Compared to a decent set of headers, those redline ones are cheap as.

Blazd, do you know what sort of powerless we're talking here?

Interesting..my car lost power! :o:( For arguement sakes...im sure its not the "design" of the products that makes it a fail but really the material USED. In the end..exhaust gas will flow more freely when comparing factory to aftermarket headers which means it isnt a bad thing aint it?

For arguements sake it can be

the materials

the design

how well its made to the design

If your car lost power that means less free flowing...

Guest S T  E Y E

i doubt its the material used...itll be more the collector side of things... i bet a sinco set will make gains with their merge collector...but they say it only has gains with high boost anyway

if you go changing headers, exhausts, intakes, all of these can greatly reduece performance, nearly all the time any changes need to be accompanied with a tune to make them work well.

else who knows really whats happening.

(note, i have only read a few pages of this thread :P)

if your tuning them in, with still having power loss, thats sucky lol

-smurff

Guest S T  E Y E

well since the factory is un equel length and so is the aftermarket ones people are using it shouldnt really need a tune???