Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

all hail the pro-lock

legacy666

brought a pro lock steering wheel 4 my 1st car 16 years ago.

today I get dragged by the Mrs into town. Park in Centre Place (Hamilton) car park.last thought before getting out, oh yeah better put that settering wheel lock on. Come back 3 hours later, 1st thing I notice,wow thats not how I put that steering lock on. Turns out some little wanker had gotten in and tried yanking it off. my steering wheels all bent to buggary. nothing taken from the car, sub and amp in the back, radar detector still there.

without that lock the car would have been gone . I'd have been really pissed off.I even managed to drive home.s*** now all I gota do is track down another steering wheel.

And hey a big thanks to the security at the car park.(I'll find out their name and put it here.)1st security if I recall rite. you did sweet F all, and I was told that other cars had been targeted and 1 even stolen. Its great to see you step up your game for the holiday season like the crooks do.

and honestly who thinks they can yank a steering lock off.

partners sisters car got stolen about 2 months agao from there, security guard stayed back after hours and watched all the footage and got a face pic of them, cops went thru there database found them. Car was found less mags and sounds in there garage in auckland.

the car park security didnt even show up, and the security gaurd at the movie theater had no idea what to do.shit Im tempted to spend the next week walking the car park and finding these little a-holes myself.

but yeah gota go in tomorrow and pull a pic from the security camera.

Im just thankful i used that lock. think it cost me $50 from repco back in the day.

if they are incapable of cutting through your steering wheel, they are likely incapable of breaking the ignition key barrel... i would have thought.

They are there to slow those munters down. Who wouldnt be suspicious if you saw someone attacking a prolock with a hacksaw? Yes people today don't give two shits about other peoples cars but there are a few good samaratins out there who would do something.

legacy666 said:

bring back capital punishment. Car thieves you take a hand.

word.

anyone ever watch that target show where they had the jazzed up civic type r left in dodgy locales in Akl?

They video camera'd them trying to break in.

IMO it would have made better tv if there were 3 guys with baseball bats waiting to pwn the thieves and THEN RECORD THAT!!

• Admin
 ODB']

[quote name='legacy666 said:

bring back capital punishment. Car thieves you take a hand.

/quote]

word.

anyone ever watch that target show where they had the jazzed up civic type r left in dodgy locales in Akl?

They video camera'd them trying to break in.

IMO it would have made better tv if there were 3 guys with baseball bats waiting to pwn the thieves and THEN RECORD THAT!!

I have always thought it would be an idea to leave a car parked up somewhere dodgy, leave an empty laptop bag on the back seat and have the car fitted with a high end paging alarm with the siren disconnected. Go hang out around the corner with a few mates and a few bats, wait for the pager to start bleeping, then use 'reasonable force' to 'affect a citizens arrest'....

EDIT: As for steering wheel locks... there's a bit of a saying in car security... it takes 5 minutes to saw through a Club lock, or 30 seconds to saw through a steering wheel. Although as you say, it does stop the useless ones. What was your alarm doing the whole time?

well yesterday miss's took our toyota there to have lunch with her friend,comes out and 3 skum bag kids had tryed to brake into my fucking car smashed the rear window out then got caught, fuck center place they need to sort there shit out. 460 for a new rear window. hopefully the cops make them pay befor christmas else my christmas is fukt

• 2 weeks later...

someone needs to emails the waikato times and talk about how useless centerplace are and this is why no ones going into town anymore and are preferring with there feet to go to the base and chartwell

why would anyone want to go into town now its just where all the gangsters hang out with there ghetto blaster playing gangster beats like i saw today.

i have a steering wheel you can have its an airbag one tho and its been changed for a reason as it leaves my hands black after a long drive

• General Member
 QRAF said:

someone needs to emails the waikato times and talk about how useless centerplace are and this is why no ones going into town anymore and are preferring with there feet to go to the base and chartwell

Damn right to that, only way I go to center place now is on foot walking from home.

And even then hands in pockets on wallet, had some little bastard try and pick my pocket about 2 weeks before Xmas then had a fat cry when I had a good go at breaking his hand as he ran away.

even the farmers carpark is dodgy they need to do something, you walk through town now and half the shops a gone.

i would of tried to break his hand and hold him till a cop came even if they meant to hand to lie on him but in saying that they never act alone so probably would of got a gang beating.

i bought a pro lock for my brother once it even had a alarm but he's car still got stolen, helps to put it on the steering wheel tho and not just leave it in the back seat.

Johnnynz']

[quote name='QRAF said:

/quote]

Damn right to that, only way I go to center place now is on foot walking from home.

And even then hands in pockets on wallet, had some little bastard try and pick my pocket about 2 weeks before Xmas then had a fat cry when I had a good go at breaking his hand as he ran away.

fark i would have chased him down and gave him the mean stomping.

Happy to say i have never been fecked with when going into town or anywhere else really.

Im unsure if this is cos i look like a tough bar steward or i have just been lucky haha.

• General Member
 QRAF said:

even the farmers carpark is dodgy they need to do something, you walk through town now and half the shops a gone.

i would of tried to break his hand and hold him till a cop came even if they meant to hand to lie on him but in saying that they never act alone so probably would of got a gang beating.

I wasn't alone, im not a small guy myself and my flatmate with me isn't a little fella either, duno what he was thinking trying that shit on us tbh.

All happened pretty quick, didn't really realize what was happening, just felt his hand, grabbed it, twisted, felt a decent click and he ran like a mad man screaming I had broken his fucking hand. Gave me and the flatties a good laugh.

gave all of us a laugh on here as well, scum deserve harsh treatment.

good work but i'm sure some of us would of preferred a knee capping that screws you for life and everyday that there's a cold morning and his knee hurts he would think of you, and hopefully think i'm never going to pick another pocket again. ;)

Johnnynz']

[quote name='QRAF said:

/quote]

I wasn't alone, im not a small guy myself and my flatmate with me isn't a little fella either, duno what he was thinking trying that s*** on us tbh.

All happened pretty quick, didn't really realize what was happening, just felt his hand, grabbed it, twisted, felt a decent click and he ran like a mad man screaming I had broken his f***ing hand. Gave me and the flatties a good laugh.

Cant believe you didnt chase him down and mete out an uber-stomping!

• General Member
 ODB']

[quote name='QRAF said:

/quote]

I wasn't alone, im not a small guy myself and my flatmate with me isn't a little fella either, duno what he was thinking trying that s*** on us tbh.

All happened pretty quick, didn't really realize what was happening, just felt his hand, grabbed it, twisted, felt a decent click and he ran like a mad man screaming I had broken his f***ing hand. Gave me and the flatties a good laugh.

Cant believe you didnt chase him down and mete out an uber-stomping!

If only I was fleet enough of mind and foot ;)