Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

annoying gaurd rub

i've had a bit of a mission with my coilovers + wheel/tyre combination. i get gaurd rub on the rear left (only) no matter what i do. i've also had the gaurd rolled and it's improved it heaps, but still does under load. eyeballing it, it almost looks as if the wheel sticks out further on this side, than it does on the other side. is this part of the wheel alignment settings? any other ideas? i'm considering changing to camber adjustable shocks, but i'd prefer not to have to

Guest S T  E Y E

there are camber adjustment on the standard arms u know...it doesnt offer much but my bet is that the adjustment is out on one side to the other

Guest S T  E Y E

pretty gay wheel alighnment to be honest if they made both uneven and said nothing...

adjustable camber arms would be for the win

or maybe something is bent giving the un even camber....

but he hasnt replied yet so it may just need adjusting

i thought subarus had a camber adjuster in the the front, maybe its only in the back then?

i know i pulled some camber adjustment bolts somewere out of my leggy lol

S T E Y E said:

pretty gay wheel alighnment to be honest if they made both uneven and said nothing...

adjustable camber arms would be for the win

or maybe something is bent giving the un even camber....

but he hasnt replied yet so it may just need adjusting

i guess we need to know if its had an alignment.

they would also pick up if something is bent. if there any good lol

-smurff

ahh, my bad i missed the rear part.

in that case it may be rather hard finding camber plates for the rear, in teh past it wasnt common to make them, but TM will soon tell lol. it may need to have something else done instead, let me try remember what it was :D

i do know you can use front camber bolts, just need to elongate one of the holes to get the lobe in.

-smurff

Guest S T  E Y E

the front camber bolts in the rear is a good idea just a bit of farting around to make them work...but yea could be the toe adjustment yea??

i haven't had an alignment yet. i want to decide what exactly i'm doing with the suspension before doing an alignment. i've seen the adjustable noltec top hats, but for the price i'm far better off flicking off the coilovers i have and buying another set that already has adjustable tops.

good coilovers are thousands of dollars, a pair of 160$ tophats are cheap. sadlyi havnt seen any subaru coilovers that come with rear camber adjustable top hats though.

-smurff

sultan said:

i haven't had an alignment yet. i want to decide what exactly i'm doing with the suspension before doing an alignment. i've seen the adjustable noltec top hats, but for the price i'm far better off flicking off the coilovers i have and buying another set that already has adjustable tops.

Without an alignment you have no idea what is out. Something might be bent. Or an alignment might fix it. Get an alignment.

Guest S T  E Y E

get a good wheel alignment and u get a piece of paper with all the geometries on it...it will show before and after too and a good technition will notice and tell u if somethings bent

zarnah']

[quote name='smurff said:

good coilovers are thousands of dollars, a pair of 160$ tophats are cheap. sadlyi havnt seen any subaru coilovers that come with rear camber adjustable top hats though.

-smurff

/quote]

my cuscos have camber adjustable tophats front and rear

really, kewl off the shelf like that or were the rear plates extra?

-smurff

smurff']

[quote name='smurff said:

-smurff

/quote]

my cuscos have camber adjustable tophats front and rear

really, kewl off the shelf like that or were the rear plates extra?

-smurff

dunno, they came like that I got them second hand fresh from a container of goodies at roscos in ashburton, had them tested by autolign and they are all good, the rear camber plates are definately cusco though they have it stamped into them and are the same anodized blue as the front ones

assuming the camber on each wheel is the same, it's quite likely the subframe isnt bolted up in the middle. you can get some subframe lock bolts from whiteline to centre it

actually if there is nothing that would adjust camber on the rear already then it is definitely the subframe out of alignment

is this possiblity something that could be fixed or at least noticed at wheel alignment stage? i don't mind spending a bit of money, just i can't afford to spend it guessing at the moment. i will try the hosed tyres idea tomorrow, sounds like a good one

comparing the left to the right, i would definitely say the right is recessed with the left proud