Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Stolen 1997 v4 sti type r - White

1CE

White 1997 V4 sti type r stolen from Newlands, Wellington between 12amm - 7am 3/04/2009.

Has Varius front kit, FMIC, 17inch DTM demons (3 smoked grey colour, front passenger is black).

Rego EJW283. Attached picture is with old plates & rims.

[attachment deleted by admin]

She's pretty distinctive... you'd think it'd be recognisable enough to warrant NOT being stolen.

IMO keep an eye on TardMe for parts you recognise, they MIGHT be that stupid. That's what I did when my Impreza got nicked, miraculously it showed up a week later, thrashed.

Best of luck to you bro, I KNOW how you feel :'( Really hope she shows up - she's beautiful.

Shale said:

IMO keep an eye on TardMe for parts you recognise, they MIGHT be that stupid. That's what I did when my Impreza got nicked, miraculously it showed up a week later, thrashed.

Yes but........his actually is a Wrx. The thieves would actually be able to joy ride in it. And sell parts for $$.

Obviously they were just happy to get rid of your ride, as they didnt wanna be seen driving a wannabe STI lol

But Shale does occasionally dispense a glint of gold among the usual dross. Keep an eye posted on all local sources for parts and you might trace something. I hope you stamped/etched parts etc?

*fixed*

I hope you stamped/etched parts etc?

I could recognise most parts, most stuff on there has something distinctive I know. Hopefully they will be that dumb to post for sale, but then that'd mean its in pieces, not cool! Hoping to see something pop up soon

• 11 months later...

Hey Man

This was my old car that i sold to you lol .... Did it ever turn up??? Yes she was a beautiful car and wish i hadnt sold it, but ahh wells..... Hopefully no one chopped it and sold her up for parts!!!!!! :(

I was busying saying "Oh noes!" when my wife pointed out this thread was last year. lols.

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=EJW283 indicates it hasn't gotten back on the road, if it was recovered :( ...

Would be interesting to see if there are any WRXes in the local scene with a Varius front kit at the moment though, one year down the track...

Yeh havent noticed any varius kits around, or the rest of the car, never heard anything of it since it was stolen. Guessing it was stripped & sold as parts. Likely someone wouldve got a bargain, had a fresh run in $8k forged short block.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeh had insurance thankfully. Still bad buzz getn ya ride stolen after youve put heaps of work into it. And the insurance investigation took 4 months so that was pretty stressful wondering if they were gona pay out.

Didnt learn anything tho, shouldve got a safe nana mobile but got another subie haha. Moved houses tho to a less 'dodgy' part of town with a good alarmed garage.