Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Ej20 going lame

Scored myself a b4 with Wrx ej20 in it. 100,000 km on motor, it's got g4 link bigger injectors(yellow top out of sti?), 3 inch exhaust, tdo4 turbo

It didn't hav a boost gauge going when I got it so thought it was running realy low boost and that why it wasn't going to hard, hooked up gauge and it's running a solid 14 psi. Took a mate for a blat who knows subies and he reakonz a standard forester goes harder. I noticed it was blowing a bit of smoke so did a compression test and got 160psi on all 4 ( took fricken ages to get the plugs out with lots of yelling and beers), so next thought is turbo oil seals gone. This wouldn't directly effect performance tho would it?

Any ideas on how to get her boogieing?

Going to find out tune specs on Monday but even base maps should be good right?

Also it doesn't have a o2 sensor which I thought was weird so do I need to hook up fuel ratio gauge to computer?

Cheers in advance

Guest vf20/21bg5

yep a TD05 off a wrx or evo 1-3 bolt up http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Turbos/auction-347260292.htm..... ....http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Mitsubishi/Engines/auction-346386506.htm can anyone confirm that the g4 link needs a o2 sensor to run? .....gr8 computer mate,people usually build thr cars around a computer like that, thats the one im putting on my race engine g4 link....as for the smoke if its turbo oil seals you should get alot more smoke in the first few seconds on a cold start up....highly recomend you get a TD05h ay, then get it tunned and spend the extra to get it tuned by a pro!......then to be perfectly honest after that if the engines ok and you can afford it id increase you HP heaps by just going bigger on yr injectors and fuel system(walbro or 044)bigger rails etc and your away! like i said that link is top of the line so use it ;)

CP93MM said:

yep a TD05 off a wrx or evo 1-3 bolt up http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Turbos/auction-347260292.htm..... ....http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Mitsubishi/Engines/auction-346386506.htm can anyone confirm that the g4 link needs a o2 sensor to run? .....gr8 computer mate,people usually build thr cars around a computer like that, thats the one im putting on my race engine g4 link....as for the smoke if its turbo oil seals you should get alot more smoke in the first few seconds on a cold start up....highly recomend you get a TD05h ay, then get it tunned and spend the extra to get it tuned by a pro!......then to be perfectly honest after that if the engines ok and you can afford it id increase you HP heaps by just going bigger on yr injectors and fuel system(walbro or 044)bigger rails etc and your away! like i said that link is top of the line so use it ;)

WTF, that is so hard to read.

Yes the g4 is a great ecu, no you dont need a o2 sensor to run, just to tune.

A subaru tdo5 will most likely have a 90 degree front housing on it, you would need to mod that or get a vf 22,23,24,28,29,30

Sweet, any one got A vf22 they can sell me?

So I need an o2 sensor to get my ratio gauge working?

Just gave her a fresh set of pads and rotors today so can justify making it go hard ;D

Guest S T  E Y E

cut the front straight snout off your td04 and get it welded to the td05 cover...easy peasy...

the sluggesnish is probably in the tune and the fact its a tiny td04....

Links (not even std ecus) "need" an o2 sensor...teh sensor is not used on WOT anyway so is pretty much for fuel economy (even though my sti gets mean economy without any o2)

When tuning a link they normally put wideband up exhaust instead of using a o2 on the car which is probably bung anyway...

Have u got a air fuel ratio gauge in the car? if its a wideband ull need a special 0-5v wideband o2 sensor which will only run the gauge and nothing for the ecu?? if thats what ur talking bout anyway

cheers

subaru-mania said:

I got an 02 sensor for sale If Ya want it.. cherz

Yea I'd be keen, how much u after?

A work mate chased me home on back roads on Friday on his gsxr, reakons that there was heaps of blue smoke pumping out the exhaust in the later part of the caining, ie when every thing was the hottest. I haven't seen any smoke on start up, actually I haven't seen any at all. (dark as tints)

Pulled off me top mount today to see if there was any excess oil in there. There was some but it was quite tacky, kinda had to scrape it off, not fresh liquid oil, so hoping that it's the exhaust side oil seal. A mechanic told me today that he's never seen a Subaru PCV fail and it would be more than likely the turbo. So aiming to be cured with a fresh turbo unless there is anything I have missed something, which is where "you" come in.

My idle has been fucking with me to. Seem to have a mind of it's own reving up and down to what seems like precise revs. Found out about the warm up enrichment function with the link and thought that was Wat the tuner must have set up somink weird. Some days it runs fine others it makes me look like a dick at the lights. I've replaced the icv and all the smaller vaccum lines. Same same which I guess means the puter is wack.

As always help much appreciated and hoping someone can point out the obvious to a drooge, need to get to BDO in auck this weekend " without a plume following me"

And if any one got a fresh turb to sell me I'm keen, can pick one up from aucks this weekend,

He only had a vf23 available. Tso5h with a factory inlet is available for Fark all on tm, how they compare? Got mate that can weld it no worries