• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Subaru pics from the 4 and rotors

WRXONP

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea hopefully if i still have my whip by next year i want to have the exterior all tidied up and add a few small details to the engine bay and then i want to put mine on display :) ill get lotsa hate but i dont mind :P

And fully i agree i dont hate on the rides...im not a honda man at all but there were some mint hondas in there!!!

im a lil bit offended by some comments above..

you all need to realize - not everyone has a million $$ to spend, or 50 years to build a car... they are our daily drivers, we drive them on gravel, we drive them in the rain, we drive them in mud, we take them in paddocks and do helii's, we take them on road trips - they dont sit locked up under covers in our garage 364 days a year, its what we do - and will continue to do.

- just because they arent your cup of tea doesnt mean they are a POS, for you to all sit here and basically say they're pieces of sh*t really annoys me.

I guess at the end of the day, all that matters is that the owners themselves like their own cars - AND WE DO!!

Guest vf20/21bg5

The problem with forums some may say is that not every opinion is going to sit well with everyone, forums are all about individuality and if you dont like what you read just try to ignore it ;) somtimes things are just too hard to ignore and you have to speak out but be prepared for debate :P;)

im happy for people to have opinions, but to basically call cars that people have spent countless hours working for / on a POS and same as the rest is abit sh*t.

- at the end of the day as long as the owners like the cars thats all that matters - was trying to make you all aware that some of your comments are kinda offensive to people that had the guts to par-take in the show...

• General Member
 CMPLSV said:

im a lil bit offended by some comments above..

you all need to realize - not everyone has a million $$ to spend, or 50 years to build a car... they are our daily drivers, we drive them on gravel, we drive them in the rain, we drive them in mud, we take them in paddocks and do helii's, we take them on road trips - they dont sit locked up under covers in our garage 364 days a year, its what we do - and will continue to do.

- just because they arent your cup of tea doesnt mean they are a POS, for you to all sit here and basically say they're pieces of sh*t really annoys me.

I guess at the end of the day, all that matters is that the owners themselves like their own cars - AND WE DO!!

I don't know if we have agreed to often in the past Becca but im with you on this one.

I think the stand looked great :)

From an objective point of view, I agree with the above comment that it is certainly gutsy to take your pride and joy, something you CAN'T be objective about, and leave it wide open for the world to verbally rip to pieces. It's where opinions clash and the only people that get offended are the people having to defend themselves. This is the nature of car shows... it ain't actually that friendly.

So big ups to those that put their cars on show, it's no easy task.

From the photos, on a subjective level, I can't personally see anything that remotely stands out. But again, it's easy to say that from behind a computer screen. Nice though to see a few of my personal favourites from the local scene on display, cars I have a huge amount of respect for - both driver and vehicle itself. STI LE and formerly GAFMO, current GAFMO also, give me the warm fuzzies ;D

And let's not use the word 'hate' or 'hater'. There are far more intelligent arguments than those.

One year I'll walk the walk and put the Impreza in once it's finished. See how I like it taking the spankering rather than delivering ;D

another thing is us club subbers are always on the site and always see pictures of these cars so we get used to them then when we see in the show its nothing new to us but to others that never seen them before they most probably think different unless its that girl bex H8WRXS then different story lol

CMPLSV said:
they are our daily drivers, we drive them on gravel, we drive them in the rain, we drive them in mud, we take them in paddocks and do helii's, we take them on road trips - they dont sit locked up under covers in our garage 364 days a year, its what we do - and will continue to do.

i think you're missing the point (and infact the first bit of what you said is EXACTLY my point.)

i don't think any one has called any car a "POS" or anything remotely similar, be it yours or any one else's

simply put. every subaru at the show was a daily driver that you will see driving down your street daily. not very exciting.

i didn't see

- any interesting paint jobs (and i don't mean a tacky fluro green respray)

- any custom body modifications

- unique bodykits

- custom sounds installs

- interesting motor setups

it's hard to be unique in this day and age. but i didn't see anything that even tried to be. and that's what a car show is meant to be about really. seeing things that you don't see on a daily basis.

Guest vf20/21bg5

it's hard to be unique in this day and age. but i didn't see anything that even tried to be. and that's what a car show is meant to be about really. seeing things that you don't see on a daily basis.

I agree, i love personalised customisation. It tells us some stories of the build and how long it took and how it was done etc etc etc instead of seing a few different bolt on parts from off trademe and that your local mechanic put on (not that it happened). So i see your point too but i see the other side of this as well, it is someones pride and joy thats being dissed it can be hurtfull for them

Just not looking hard enough ;D

There's a lot of nice cars puttering up and down the street nowadays.

I think the recession, NCEA (ie: average is demanded!), a different generation and general lack of ideas has created this environment. And sh!t, look at the flack CP93MM got to start with - I was admittedly a sh!t-slinger there too ;D Press on, and ya get one hell of a different, daring project.

But to be truly different at the same time as being successful, one must have a vison, a plan, a goal and nuts of steel to fend off the 'wtf are you doing that for ya knob' that will get thrown at you on a daily basis. Most people are too busy struggling day to day to be bothered with that fight also.

Guest vf20/21bg5
 Shale said:

Just not looking hard enough ;D

There's a lot of nice cars puttering up and down the street nowadays.

I think the recession, NCEA (ie: average is demanded!), a different generation and general lack of ideas has created this environment. And sh!t, look at the flack CP93MM got to start with - I was admittedly a sh!t-slinger there too ;D Press on, and ya get one hell of a different, daring project.

But to be truly different at the same time as being successful, one must have a vison, a plan, a goal and nuts of steel to fend off the 'wtf are you doing that for ya knob' that will get thrown at you on a daily basis. Most people are too busy struggling day to day to be bothered with that fight also.

hahaha yep you all thought i was all s***,but whos having the last laugh now ;) mind you my old paint scheme with the lipstick grill now looks farken ugly as sin to me so you were right about that one thats for sure ....as for me noteing down what i have spent and am spending doesnt go down well with alot of you, think you think im blow arseing or sumthing when i dont think 25k is much to spend on a car...others on here have spent 3 0r 4 times that :o

I think people just tend to keep it all under wraps, they're not quite as outspoken ;) But hey, frankly it adds colour.

The white is FAR superior to the lipstick.

Keeping in mind of course every man and his dog does a bit to their TT and claim they've moved a mountain. Every now and again someone steps up that whole lot further and actually goes through with their promises of MADNESS. ;D People will always be skeptical, as is human nature and NZ culture.

Like I said, the lambasting you recieve is half the reason most people add a BOV, large wheels, a spud cannon exhaust, a FMIC and call it a day.

Guest vf20/21bg5
 Shale said:

I think people just tend to keep it all under wraps, they're not quite as outspoken ;) But hey, frankly it adds colour.

The white is FAR superior to the lipstick.

Keeping in mind of course every man and his dog does a bit to their TT and claim they've moved a mountain. Every now and again someone steps up that whole lot further and actually goes through with their promises of MADNESS. ;D People will always be skeptical, as is human nature and NZ culture.

Like I said, the lambasting you recieve is half the reason most people add a BOV, large wheels, a spud cannon exhaust, a FMIC and call it a day.

Hell no dont keep it hidden, tell us all your experiences and findings as it adds to our knowledge and experiences

I agree with sultan most look like the cars down at my local mechanic or rolling round the mount,dont get me wrong im not bad mouthing them,all nicer then my crap rex but if im paying money to go to a show i dont wanna see cars from down the road,i want custom and BIG power

ill tell you guys something now,the car show run out of cars on friday,they were short 30 cars so me and my security boys put the text out and got some cars together and they all came into the show just after 8am saturday morning lol i was gonna slide my forester in aswell but the battery died out the back when i was patrolling so i just left the car there till it was home time for me lol

Johnnynz said:

Lots of hate from people who didn't enter.

Kind of like the muppets who lean on the wall at trackdays giving 3 million reasons why they couldn't enter but they would definitely smoke anyone out there.

Easy to talk s*** from the stands boys, maybe next year you guys should enter?

Well done to all who entered, different or not it takes a lot of balls and pride to put your ride on display for ridicule from the world. STI LE looks awesome as always :)

couldnt have said it any better myself.

subarus arnt really show cars, but regaurdless people still have some nice ones and put them in the show just for the fun of it.