Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

WHAT TO DO.. fix it or wreck it

Sort of attach to it.. really.. but I am of two minds about it now... I still don't know what the insurance is doing whether they will fix it or write it off .... Yet like most i would say they will, write it off.

Cost of the repairs via insurance is $6,500 Gear Box & Drive shaft run out and rear damage.. cost to repair it myself thus far $2000 - $2500 friends and car club CHOSENFEW have pitched in and I have access to most of the parts.. with a sec-hand Gear-box same spec costing $500 (have not brought that yet) - 2000 toward panel work.. paint I can do, if I can not afford the panel shop to do it..

So what do you think

fix it ;D ;D

$2000 - $2500 -

Part it out?

??? ??? ??? ??? ::) ??? ??? ??? ???

another option was to buy the missus a 94 -97 320 BMW and take the GF8 Impreza WRX

dscf0908l.jpg

Guest loren

2000 - 2500. seems a bit on low side regardless of what parts you have etc.

but in any case, why not just wait for the insurance to make their decision?... if they want to fix it

then you get it done by professionals and don't have to fork out. if they write it off, then you have

some money to buy something else.

not sure why you are even thinking about doing it yourself.

Just keep gettin up the insurance company dont let them piss around.....

Id be on their backs dialy until i got a yay or nay otherwise shit gets lost and you find that nothing gets done... ;D

loren']

2000 - 2500. seems a bit on low side regardless of what parts you have etc.

but in any case, why not just wait for the insurance to make their decision?... if they want to fix it

then you get it done by professionals and don't have to fork out. if they write it off, then you have

some money to buy something else.

not sure why you are even thinking about doing it yourself.

paying for it myself ... if its written off.. mere thoughts really...

Parts needed to repair are .. rear tailgate, side lights rear x2, drive shaft and gear box, the parts will cost me near to nothing ... maybe $270 for the tailgate the rest is the service really chassis machine - panel and paint, I do assume at this stage though.. that it is going to be written off..

I will wait for them.. communication with insurance thus far not sounding good.

[quote name='gotasuby said:

buy a new car with run BEB for 1500ish and then put all your goodies in that and part out left over parts

I have considered this... possibility... yet I did not really want to buy another TT.. yet not totally ruled out yet..

Guest loren

if it's written off, then surely the insurance company will take the car and give you the money for a new car?

Or are you planning on not even taking the money in that case?

Personally, I'd take the money and run... get something that isn't going to need fixing... time is money,

and who knows what complications could arise?

At the end of the day, it's just a pile of metal and plastic, and they are a dime a dozen.

loren said:

if it's written off, then surely the insurance company will take the car and give you the money for a new car?

Or are you planning on not even taking the money in that case?

Personally, I'd take the money and run... get something that isn't going to need fixing... time is money,

and who knows what complications could arise?

At the end of the day, it's just a pile of metal and plastic, and they are a dime a dozen.

I know your right loren, it is nuts and bolts, I appreciate your opinion. ...

Lets just say, if the market value of car is say $5000 that's all they would pay out. yet the mods and parts on this vehicle would be worth more than that.. if the car was standard I would not actually care, give a check and take it.

But I said to the insurance company, through my lawyer, that I will buy the car back & take the write off money (what ever that is) as part of the write off deal.. if it comes to that..

Some may think thats a bit rude.. wanting both... yet I don't, why would it be? I paid for all the mods on it. The truth is, I would want them to fix it really.. I took no part in the accident (apart from being the target) why should the outcome work out better for them.. not trying to be rude... just sticking to my guns..

I would make more $$$ from parting it out myself with write off cash.. and upgrade to a version 6 or 7 (I wish LOL)

yeah, my uncle had his rx7 batty stolen a few years back, insurance paid out like 18grand or something around there

then a year later they find the car has a new owner in whangarei, had been fully resprayed and different wheels, cops impounded it and it was auctioned.

me and my uncle where the only ones at the auction, and he bought it back for $2200

sweet system really

Hell, what is it with all the rear-ends lately?!

dsc00056a.jpg

Somehow, THAT got fixed under insurance. Beautifully, too.

TBH if it was my situation (AGAIN) and there was no hope of fixing price-wise, I would (depending on insurance value) let them scrap it and buy the shell back, then spend a little on a rolling body, do the swap. Anyone calling Dolphin needs to lurk moar at my BF5, as THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE DONE BEFORE. ;) You can get a rolling body for between $500 and $1000, straight and ready to go. No powertrain...which is what your current one is for ;D

It's hard work and a pain in the arse, but...

1) You can dig all the sh!t out of your car, clean the living daylights out of the carpet and upholstery...like new!

2) Clean inside and out of the new chassis, remove all the dust, scrape off the crap you don't want

3) Do your single turbo conversion ;)

4) Know every single nook, cranny and fibre of YourCar2.0. She's mint, she's clean and you know every detail.

5) Find a good $20 of coins hiding under the carpet!!

Been there done that, have the minor mental breakdown trying to remove the dash to prove it.

Market value on my vehicle is set at 6000.00 valuation done by (Castor car sales auto valuers) my offer for my car is $500.00 slightly less than salvage price.. pending acceptance of the salvage price ($500) I will get my car back and $5,500.00

Friends at Auckland Panel shop will pull everything out for $1000.00 no paint. Paint is no problem, DIY . Gearbox will cost $500 without fitting. Tailgate $270 rear brake lights & drive shaft are "FREEBIES FREEBIES" thanks to Chosen few Members that will help out with them bits.. (I know some of you come in here)

**OF COURSE this is all pending the acceptance of the "DEAL ON THE TABLE"**

My fingers are crossed.. LOL