Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

STOLEN BUT RECOVERED - WASTE OF A MINT VER 8 - PRINTS MATCHED!

dimin

Woke up sunday morning to find my pride and joy Sti gone without a trace from my place in Dinsdale, Hamilton. Thought it would be long being stripped for parts until the police ring me at 3am this morning to say they've just been in a pursuit accross hamilton chasing the damn thing(aparantly having a hard time keeping up too, car was driving over kerbs and s*** as well according to the police) then ditched in Fairfield somewhere, with the offenders long gone. Went to inspect it this arvo at the tow yard, looks thrashed to s***, cant touch it yet until prints been taken, so dunno extent of mechanical damage, theres oil or something sprayed up in front guard and up side of the car, which doesnt look good. Almost makes ya cry seeing something you work hard and long for to get and just turned into a thrashcar overnight. Has a few parts stripped incl stereo, sub and amp, ignition and alarm ripped to bits, back tyres look stuffed(from drifts and skids id say) and covered in dirt from the looks been rallied up a gravel road. Dont even want the car back at all, but will see what insurance say. Was stolen without a sound as well, bypassed the AVS 5 star alarm even, no idea how they managed to it so easy, makes an alarm pointless to me now. Definately considering whether to even bother with cars anymore, maybe should take up another hobby that doesnt carry the risk of this sorta s*** happening. But anyway end rant, heres a couple of pics.

BEFORE

4290_00-2.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

75338_10150096789701138_685516137_785956

IMG_1103.jpg

AFTER BEING STOLEN AND JOYRIDEN

SAM_0209.jpg

SAM_0208.jpg

SAM_0205.jpg

SAM_0195.jpg

SAM_0203.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Black aRSe

sucks mate nothing worse than getting a car back raped, it just never feels the same again :'(

hey could be worse could be that evo in the background of the pics ;D

that sucks, doesn't look like there much damage either so they'll probably just repair it.

at the very least you could ask the auto sparly who fixes it how they got around the alarm. maybe then you can add an extra kill switch or sometime to make it safer for next time

gutd man.it such a shit feeling knowing that your cars gone,i just read you also had a 5star alram and they bypassed it without a sound.hmmm,makes me thnk again if i wana invest in a alarm or sumthng diffrent.

id try get the car back and do the incurenece people for all you can.full rebuild recon gearbox new clutch.full panel and paint.

sux to here it thoe.goodluck

• General Member

recovery is sometimes a curse like that

sometimes rather not know what happened to it aye

like a cat that runs away or gets hit on the road that you wish you never found & have to take to vet to get put down :/

KING PIN said:

I feel like grabbing a AK47 and lining up all the robbers out there and shooting them all...... PURE PLEASURE

A-F*CKING-MEN to that.

Recovery is a bastard like that too, yeah. Kerbed wheels, ripped up tyres, floppy handbrake, noisier gearbox, missing petrol, footprints all over expensive alacantra and ON THE ROOF, marks all over the paint, munted stereo, stolen amp and tools, basically damage inside and out... that's how they found mine a week later. STILL can't get used to having the wrong replacement steering col surround and a different key.

Different brand alarm and an insurance once-over, man... she'll be back. It's like your girl got done in the night and sent back home battered and bruised... horrible. Never QUITE the same, but she'll come right.

Let it sit for a week or so while they gather evidence and get it inspected by insurance. It's an absolute pity to waste a car that was in such beautiful condition beforehand!

All the best to ya, from a fellow theft victim.

well sorry to hear about it dude and know how you feel i had my rs stolen i was the first owner and had low ks bac in 2000 i never seen it again,but least they found it,

just keep rocking.

Haha good sugestions, would love to torture car thieves SAW style. But yea gutting as, have always felt sorry for ppl that lose mint cars from theft, now have experienced first hand and it sucks big time. Penalties for crime like this needs to be made way harsher, no wonder the f**kers keep on doing it. And will def be demanding rebuild of mechanical bits, id say the engine will be half stuffed, same with clutch and gearbox. Also, me and my brother are keen to pay a reward (a grand or two, not much I know but might be enough for someone to come forward with info)to anyone with any info that can lead police to nabbing the mongrels, and hopefully put them in jail where they deserve to be.

feel sorry for you mate as this was a nice car, and by the sounds of it you looked after it and kept it tight. i wouldnt want it back at all, it would be so abused that so many things will be ready to fail it would be a total lemon now.

Just an update, cops have got prints off the car so hopefully they nab these bastards. Still waiting for insurance to sort out what theyre doing. In the meantime Ive had a look over the car to see whats missing etc. Also noticed under the bonnet wastegate unplugged so no doubt freeboosted to shit >:( The whole alarm looks to be gone so they must of unwired the whole thing the cunts. Also my wideband setup is stripped out, but they left the wideband sensor in. Also the whole stereo is gone, sub/amp, headunit, tweeters, etc. Drivers side dash and steering surround all smashed and cracked. Ah well can only hope they get caught. And definately gettin GPS tracking next time as well.

EJ20T said:

feel sorry for you mate as this was a nice car, and by the sounds of it you looked after it and kept it tight. i wouldnt want it back at all, it would be so abused that so many things will be ready to fail it would be a total lemon now.

Your right there mate ! Should of bloody swapped for your Leggy after all haha !

Drunkenmonkey said:

its not the alarm its how the alarm is installed...

Yep sure is, but IMO the alarm was well installed. Have heard you can get remotes that learn the alarm code and disable it that way ? Mate said a car audio place who did a big sound install for him had such a device(their magic black box they called it). So im starting to think something similar was used to disable the alarm, they then broke in, busted the ign barrel and consequently the steering lock mechanism, then pushed it onto the road, towed it away, spent sunday day unwiring and removing the alarm, then screwdriver to start it and off they went. I cant think of another way to bypass the alarm at all, at least easily without sounding the siren for at least a short amount of time, unless theres some trade secrets these f***ers know about. Will remain a mystery forever id say.