Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Yellow Injectors?

luvmaforzzy

Can anyone tell me what it means if I have yellow injectors but still got a normal airflow meter with no sticker an a ECU with E6 on it,

I thought grey was the standard colour for non sti an stock. Ive had the car for 2 years an just bothered to check now

Im gunna upgrade to orange AFM, V3/4 ECU and not sure about inctors yet might not even need to buy them if I already got them hopefally lol ;D

JoKer said:

lol normal airflow - yellows go with orange AFM

other than that - that is my expertise...

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,9493.0.html

does not refer to any E6's

got me stuck mate lol its been like that from they day I bought it stock as 1st owner nz

Ill post a pic up when I get a chance.

an what imean by normal is my AFM has no label on it

it wil have the yellows already in there and afm dont need to change to an orange afm..i tried putting an sti v/5 ecu in there but was running way too rich to be safe and was detonating..v/3 v/4 based forester has the coil pack thingy in the middle of engine bay and our ones based on v/5 v/6 is off to the left.what yr is your foz?

u can see by the plug on the afm is different to the coloured afm..i had one hell of a mish finding this stuff out..was getting confused real bad..lol...but thx to fellas on here managed to figure it out..i ended just putting on ebc and vf24..hoping to get link ecu and front mount later in the yr to make the most of nods

sory but whats a ebc an thanx for passing the knowledge on cause i was scratching my head an hard lol one question though, is it a sti cause I dont have a hell of alot knowledge about versions an stuff :-\ an was thinking of putting a Tdo5 an a red top intake manifold on it or would that be a stupid idea haha

ok there is a lot of confusion in this thread.. people who arn't sure should make it clear they arn't sure! (hence is it really necessary to post in the first place?)

the yellows/orange afm/6S ecu combo is ONLY for wrx version 3/4 style EJ20K engines

turbo foresters do use the wrx engine setup but your one pictured is a version 5/6 style.

the version 5/6 style runs an insert type afm. (as pictured). it pulls out from the afm pipe, and it has a part number on it. they are not colour coded.

i myself have no knowledge of what afm/ecu/injectors the foresters came with from factory, you will have to research this ( the list joker linked to is ONLY for JapaneseDomesticMarket WRX )

its likely the afm/yellow injectors you have already are the same as the v5/v6 sti BUT the engine compression ratio may be different - hence problems mentioned when pluggin in an sti ecu. (a J2 ecu will simply plug in)

EBC is electronic boost control. instead of using the factory ecu to control boost, you have a tunable unit that looks after boost for you. its a bit more clever (and expensive) than a mechanical boost tap.

red top manifold is mechanically NO different to the unpainted one. TD05 is probably a larger turbo to what you have, more low end lag but better top end. you will have to have it straight-inlet modified.

what to do now? best option in the long run is to have a tunable ecu installed. 2nd best is to use an EBC, its cheaper but hard to know how safe it is for your engine. 3rd option is leave it be :)

lol better explaination in one box than me but isnt it what i basically already told him? :( :(..thx kami! also been told i had a phase 2 motor..i profess no true knowledge...this is stuff i have learnt from the cs welly crew who are more knowledgeable than me..