Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

UPGRADING SIDE FEED INJECTORS

B4 2000

D-Style said:

Just after some info...

Are these nice big HP numbers on standard internals ie:

Are these OEM standard internals? (with or without rebuild/refresh)

Or aftermarket OEM spec parts?

or OEM parts which have been Prepped for high HP output?

There are some big differences in the above list.

The one i was referring to was RAC's car was a brand new off the shelf EJ257 short block with a v3 sti reconned heads from memory.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested to see how far you could push a stock EJ on E85 fuel. We have done some things which people consider crazy on stock Nissan engines with no problems

407kw 21psi R34 Rb25det widebody show car (DSR3540 .82 turbo, front facing pleninum, Link G4 ECU and E85)

295kw SR20DE+T 18psi in BOOSTM drift car (GT2871R, sinco exhaust manifold greddy intake, rocker arm stopers, Link G4, E85) stock cams and non turbo valve springs (no broken rocker arms at all)

360kw RB25DE+T XPNSIV R33 drift car 17psi (DSR3540 .82 turbo, front facing, Link G4 and E85)

350kw+ Honda F20C in AE86 drift car 14psi (GT3076R, sinco exhuast manifold, Link G4 and E85)

350kw SR20DET Drift car 22psi (GT2876R, Sinco exhaust manifold, Tomei Cams and valve springs, solid lifter conversion, rocker stoppers)

This has been the only one thats had problems and thats due to incorrect setup with the valve springs and rocker arm stoppers. but the physical motor is fine

we have done plenty of RB26 around 350kw and other engines but nothing thats pushing the limit of the stock engine.

I know cople guys who got supra and doing like 350kw+ at wheels on stock blocks but just got all the add on bits like turbo and ecu etc etc

But not seen them having done too many km

More like occasional cruising and dyno queen type where they come and thrash out bog numbers and everyones jaw drops

Hey getlow the cars u mentions above were they daily drivers or show cars cos sounds pretty impressive

I don't know abt others but I Wud rather have few kw less but something that is no going to blow up on constant use

I heard that the 270kw redline v8 engine died within 2 years even though it was not daily driven - that's what i heard anyway. Ok sure someone here will know if that's The truth anyway based on that one could only imagine that reliable power in ej207 be like 250 Max perhaps ay

CP93MM']

[quote name='funkytown said:

Offtopic: Wait... Your saying you'd go for 300kw on a factory motor? Seriously dreaming if you believe that. To take a page from jersey shore..... GRENADE ALERT.

/quote]ive read plenty of times people getting 270+ from a standard block without fordged interals, but with lots of a/m goddies, did i mention above that they would last tho? haha so nope im not dreaming, its way possible that a standard block would do that

if you get down to the basics right - a short block (ignoring CC rating) is 'dumb', itl make pretty much the same power forged or not. factory heads stand up to a much more of a beating (longevity wise) than short blocks do which really is my point.

Sure you can wind a factory shortblock up to 300kw for a nanosecond and it was asssplode everywhere. For some one of your knowledge and background its a poor comment and misleading on your part.

When i talk about a motor making up to 300kw - i mean i want to drive it off the dyno - like any paying customer would. If that wasnt the case I'd ask why you yourself have forged your motor? It would make 300kw in factory format no? no i think not.

i do beleive later model factory (v7 ej207) onwards do take more power than earlier ones reliably, but not to 300wkw, 240-50kwkw is about their peak (reliably speaking)

ive fordged my motor so i can push the farken thing to 4-500kw when i choose!....bet you will say im joking but this build of mine is only the begining so i get use to the power of 300kw under 2 rear wheels...ill turn to awd when the power gets to 350kw +

Is this before or after your tuner repairs your new engine for you?

And no need to get personal. Funkytown was just stating pretty much well known power figures from standar EJ20T engines.

madmike']

Offtopic: Wait... Your saying you'd go for 300kw on a factory motor? Seriously dreaming if you believe that. To take a page from jersey shore..... GRENADE ALERT.

/quote]ive read plenty of times people getting 270+ from a standard block without fordged interals, but with lots of a/m goddies, did i mention above that they would last tho? haha so nope im not dreaming, its way possible that a standard block would do that

if you get down to the basics right - a short block (ignoring CC rating) is 'dumb', itl make pretty much the same power forged or not. factory heads stand up to a much more of a beating (longevity wise) than short blocks do which really is my point.

Sure you can wind a factory shortblock up to 300kw for a nanosecond and it was asssplode everywhere. For some one of your knowledge and background its a poor comment and misleading on your part.

When i talk about a motor making up to 300kw - i mean i want to drive it off the dyno - like any paying customer would. If that wasnt the case I'd ask why you yourself have forged your motor? It would make 300kw in factory format no? no i think not.

i do beleive later model factory (v7 ej207) onwards do take more power than earlier ones reliably, but not to 300wkw, 240-50kwkw is about their peak (reliably speaking)

ive fordged my motor so i can push the farken thing to 4-500kw when i choose!....bet you will say im joking but this build of mine is only the begining so i get use to the power of 300kw under 2 rear wheels...ill turn to awd when the power gets to 350kw +

And no need to get personal. Funkytown was just stating pretty much well known power figures from standar EJ20T engines.

am with madmike on this the most ive seen on a EJ207 was 270kw and that was pushing it.

No matter what condition the motor is in the part thats not going to hold power is going to be your rods and id put money that a factory ej20 would not make it to 300kw at the wheels that is.

nt_a_foz said:

errrr well to a point.....Whats his name from up north has been running his EJ257 with V3 Sti heads and has had numerous turbo setups over 3 years and last i saw was pushing 360kw....Has had ALOT of tuning htough as he road tunes himself and spent alot of time on it...

However being pushed on the track day after day would be a differnt story.

Are you talking about SKRMER?

R8TD_R']

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

errrr well to a point.....Whats his name from up north has been running his EJ257 with V3 Sti heads and has had numerous turbo setups over 3 years and last i saw was pushing 360kw....Has had ALOT of tuning htough as he road tunes himself and spent alot of time on it...

/quote]

Think he's talking about RAC who had a Holset HX35/40 hybrid last time I heard anything about his car. As far as I know his car is not SKRMER.

Koom']

/quote]

Think he's talking about RAC who had a Holset HX35/40 hybrid last time I heard anything about his car. As far as I know his car is not SKRMER.

that makes sense because SKEMER has a ej25 and making around the same power but that beast is not running factory internals

R8TD_R']

am with madmike on this the most ive seen on a EJ207 was 270kw and that was pushing it.

No matter what condition the motor is in the part thats not going to hold power is going to be your rods and id put money that a factory ej20 would not make it to 300kw at the wheels that is.

What fails with the rods. do they bend/break? or pound the BEB to shit? cap bolts break?

D-Style']

What fails with the rods. do they bend/break? or pound the BEB to s***? cap bolts break?

they come out top and bottom of the short block so not too sure what breaks first but i have pulled 3 apart and the bolts and bearing were still in place

Most of the cars I'm talking about are all drift cars, so have been well hammered over the last 6-12months, the first DE did over 1 year of being totaly hammered, bairly maintained including being run on low oil and water, chicken feather full fuel filter etc and it still didn't break as the owner was a bit of a mungrel.

We ended up killing that engine by draining all the water out and drifting at slipway for half an hour, and all it did was blow the headgasket out the back of the head.

All of the cars listed apart from the R34 are still running around that power I listed. The R34 was detuned to around 360kw for the owner to get used to the power.

Most people don't daily drive on E85 as its too expensive for just rolling around on.

our 2JZ in our S13 is stock with just a DSR3540 and Link G4 and was easily doing 350kw, we ran it on a 100octaine blend and got up to 400kw and thats on stock injectors and that has been runing 350kw all season with no problems, JZs you can run well over 400kw on the stock engine. I know our tuner believes he could easily get 450kw+ on E85 out the 2JZ while still maintaining reliability.

pappu said:

I know cople guys who got supra and doing like 350kw+ at wheels on stock blocks but just got all the add on bits like turbo and ecu etc etc

But not seen them having done too many km

More like occasional cruising and dyno queen type where they come and thrash out bog numbers and everyones jaw drops

Hey getlow the cars u mentions above were they daily drivers or show cars cos sounds pretty impressive

I don't know abt others but I Wud rather have few kw less but something that is no going to blow up on constant use

I heard that the 270kw redline v8 engine died within 2 years even though it was not daily driven - that's what i heard anyway. Ok sure someone here will know if that's The truth anyway based on that one could only imagine that reliable power in ej207 be like 250 Max perhaps ay

Some days I wish I had a supra lol

And get some massive numbers while at it lol

We at the subaru world aim to squeeze 220 or so at max outa our blocks before praying it stays together for a long time

And the dam supra boys don't even blink till to 300 hahha

Ah well

R8TD_R']

What fails with the rods. do they bend/break? or pound the BEB to s***? cap bolts break?

they come out top and bottom of the short block so not too sure what breaks first but i have pulled 3 apart and the bolts and bearing were still in place

Not always...My rod snapped and it didnt pop out the block...not sure what order it happened in but hte rod snapped and the cap bolts sheard/cap flew off and flatted out as it flew around the sump at whatever rpm.....no noises after either just run on 3 cylinders...wasnt till i took the sump off and a rod fell out the bottom that i knew something was wrong lol

Koom']

/quote]

Yes i am talking about RAC and no it doesnt have the plate SKRMER....

pappu said:

Some days I wish I had a supra lol

And get some massive numbers while at it lol

We at the subaru world aim to squeeze 220 or so at max outa our blocks before praying it stays together for a long time

And the dam supra boys don't even blink till to 300 hahha

Ah well

haha yeah, the supra boys don't actually blink till over 400kw and 24psi or more.

Its a different kind of power compared to the EJ, as well as the different noise and weight distribuition