Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Brembo 4pots on a B4

Chosimba

Hi guys,

Recently came across a full set of Brembo brakes from a V7 sti RA at a price that was just too good to let go by. Now, I've got a 99 BE Legacy B4 and I know that they don't fit over these wheels as they currently are. So.....

1- Was thinking of getting some spacers , 10-15mm or so, and still using the standard B4 wheels. Would this clear the brakes if I do so?

2- The guy who I got the brakes off also has a full set of mint V7 wheels, so I was thinking of getting these, getting them painted to match the colour of my standard wheels, and chucking em' on.

Also, the fitment of the rear brakes.... Ideas ???

Opinions please guys

Cheers

the fronts will fit but the rears u will need different hubs because the hole spacing is about 30mm bigger, as for wheels b4s will not clear with spaces so dont even try if u can get the wheels from they guy just get them and get his rear hubs as well makes the job alot easier ethier that or get adaptors made, just will tell ya now, when i put them on dont be surprised if u dont pass ur next warrent......since they are OE brakes for that model they will fail u unless u have a blind warrent guy. i mean 4 pots u can get away with it because b4s came with them as factory and dont stand out, but blingbos kinda doo

yeah well best too means that u wont have issues with plod/warrent guys, but if u are getting a cert just put everything u can think of on the car when it goes so then u are covered and all, but yeah im geting my bremboes included since they have a bigger rotor and caliper but then i have got alot of things that arent factory and things that have also been removed. but do get those hubs because the adaptors are just shit and hard to find

Sweet, cheers for the advice.

I'll have a chat to the guy and see if I can get the hubs from him. Let's just say he doesn't have them, what can I do about the adapter? Can they be custom fabricated or do you have to buy them?

Yea I got rotors with the brakes, they just need to be skimmed a little.

So other then putting some V7 wheels on, sorting a cert and getting the adapter or hubs theres nothing else that would really be an issue with this swap?

Cant use V7 hubs on rear.

Unless you get custom made hubs to suit.

Easy way is to use adaptors and use standard rear rotors.

Brembo rear Rotors have 190mm dia handbrake drum while B4 is around 170mm.

Another way is to cut n weld the backing plate.

Do a search as ive cut n paste a complete thread from an old member reguarding this conversion.

D-Style said:

Cant use V7 hubs on rear.

Unless you get custom made hubs to suit.

Easy way is to use adaptors and use standard rear rotors.

Brembo rear Rotors have 190mm dia handbrake drum while B4 is around 170mm.

Another way is to cut n weld the backing plate.

Do a search as ive cut n paste a complete thread from an old member reguarding this conversion.

Sweet, found it. That is pretty much exactly what I was after.

Thanks for that

The brembos will clear your rims if you have the 17inch GTB rims. As said, the fronts will bolt up no worries, but with the rears you can just use dogbones/adapter brackets. I have been told that the calipers will make a bigger difference if you also match them with some much larger rotors as well.

Gotitrex in Melbourne Australia has done a write up about it on their blog >>>>

http://www.gotitrex.com.au/home/Blog/brembo-brake-conversion.html