Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Yellow top 440cc inj v3

iv new to this site and iv been reading through the forums and noticed alot of people say 440cc will get you max 200-205kw atw mark.but does any acutually know the max kw atw these injectors can produce on a ej20 iv seen these flow 243kw atw so far

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAX MAX MAX is 220Kw atw with decent sized std turbo and around 20psi boost mark

This is with a very good tune and Inj duty cycle at max safe limit, and fuel mixtures perfect

A Very safe tune will produce 200 -210Kw (slightly rich)

243Kw was on a disney dyno !

no serious steve murch said id get 230kw atw with my turbo and 440cc injectors and whsnxt which use to be a m8s car had 240atw with the same injectors done by kent @ speedsource

stickyboy said:

no serious steve murch said id get 230kw atw with my turbo and 440cc injectors and whsnxt which use to be a m8s car had 240atw with the same injectors done by kent @ speedsource

I'm sure we'd all like to see the dyno results and the car(s) in question. I do note that its what SM "says" you will get, rather than "it does get" xx kw.

Its is just totally impossible to get 440's to flow enough to give 230+ kw atw, simple as that. Saying that, post up your results when your ready an we'll see.

It just isnt received that well on here when people are claiming huge numbers on unlikely setups. Many people around here have owned/tuned/built/broken/modified more subbies than have fingers and toes and havent see results like that.

Well if you know what your going to get then why ask us about injectors

You already know what they are capable of.

If you have or someone has managed to get a reliable 240Kw with safe injector drive % and acceptable AFR's

then you need not ask what they are capable of, as you already know

Maybe 250+Kw is possible from yellows :P , find out and let us know how much it destroys in the process

boostcut said:

the only thing i can think of is v5 /6 sti yellows that have been de capped to flow 800cc...

Hmm, is there any info here on that? Is it something that is commonly done or is it just better to fork out the money on some new injectors?

Can someon please clarify how de-capping increases flow

Unless the pintle and seat are modified surely they wont flow any more

I stand to be corrected here !! As I have never done this to an injector.

Have always fitted the correct size for the mod's/ package I'm putting together

I dont have any more info on it at the moment

But i know it has been done as iv got a mate (yes yes i no what your thinking haha) hes on here actually that has had his ones decapped and they flow around 800cc.

I will investigate further and report back today

stickyboy']

Maybe your mates car had V5 fuel rail and yellow injectors decapped to 800cc-ish?

[quote name='Ichi Ban said:

Can someon please clarify how de-capping increases flow

Unless the pintle and seat are modified surely they wont flow any more

I stand to be corrected here !! As I have never done this to an injector.

Have always fitted the correct size for the mod's/ package I'm putting together

No idea how, but i talked to dave a PF auto about them and he said dont used decapped, you can decap them and at the start they flow at mite 800cc but noone knows for how long they keep flowing that well etc

first of all itchi ban i created this topic so people like you and funkytown could learn a lesson or 2.i see uz both have done alot of posting and yet your knowledge on subarus is still poor.give kent a call at speedsource he'll justify my knowledge its just funny how people respond so fast to a post but have no idea what they are talking about.this is one a kents examples especially for you itchi ban and funkytown and i also wouldnt destroy anything itchi ban :D :D cause i dont have 440cc and my 660cc would handle enough boost for me to crap myself

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=203689260

Stickyboy my main man,

I think i will give Kent a call and see if he can "justify your knowledge" (WTF does that mean) may i have your name? you know so i can make sure he knows who's knowledge he's justifying.

stickyboy said:

first of all itchi ban i created this topic so people like you and funkytown could learn a lesson or 2.i see uz both have done alot of posting and yet your knowledge on subarus is still poor.give kent a call at speedsource he'll justify my knowledge its just funny how people respond so fast to a post but have no idea what they are talking about.this is one a kents examples especially for you itchi ban and funkytown and i also wouldnt destroy anything itchi ban :D :D cause i dont have 440cc and my 660cc would handle enough boost for me to crap myself

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=203689260

I feel that you really know sweet F--K all ............. and really seem to some other issue with funky and myself ?

However you asked a question I replied, you didn't like my answer. Get over yourself !!

What are you on anyway? as you firstly mentioned 440's then your last post says 660's which one is it ?

Do you not think that maybe I have built many race engines that perform extremely well and know what is safe to get out of injectors.

However it seems that someone else does your work? Kent maybe?

I suggest that you look at this link http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

Do the maths for yourself and realise that you have acheived MUPPET status

I am also sorry that my current world title and successfull career is that intimidating for you need to throw pebbles

boo ho :'( Go get some tissue's and have a good cry

because you said have fun breaking parts in the process i didnt say i was going to use 440cc i just wanted to hear stupid replys likes urs.read my very first post it dosent say nethng about me using yellows? just say nile to kent okay and i dont believe youve built many race engines iv never heard of you.my 60ft times are 1.2secs if you know anythning about racing you should know who i am and lastly i have 660ccs in my sub.alot of people waste money on upgrading the sti pump nd injectors when they dont need to 90% dc and 95% are alot diff i dont have time to scan a dyno just call kent@speedsource mayb hell fax a few dynos.

stickyboy said:

because you said have fun breaking parts in the process i didnt say i was going to use 440cc i just wanted to hear stupid replys likes urs.read my very first post it dosent say nethng about me using yellows?

You led everyone to believe you were using 440s and IF you were using them and getting 243KW then stuff would break quickly.

Learn to use paragraphs while your at it.

Yet in the auction of the car you are "claiming" to be yours it clearly states V3 Yellow Sti Injectors.

*******CAR IS NOW SOLD**********

SUBARU LEGACY RS

ENGINE====

ENGINE DONE 1500 KMS

REBUILT STI VERSION 3

GARRET TWIST 30/40 TURBO NEAR NEW

FRONT MOUNT

EXTERNAL WASTE GATE 38MM

BLOW OFF

V3 YELLOW INJECTORS

APEXI COMPUTER WITH CONTROLLER

ELECTRONIC BOOST CONTROLLER HIGHT BOOST AND LOW BOOST, HIGHT BOOST IS 20psi LOW BOOST IS 12pis

500 HP FUEL PUMP

3INCH EXHAUST OFF THE TURBO TO 5INCH RPS

V3 GEAR BOX SHORT SHIFT

HEAVY DUTY CLUTCH

V3 REAR DIFF

V3 BRAKES

V3 CV'S

BODY=====

BODY DONE 250000 KMS

PRIMER BLACK

PRETTY STRAIGHT JUST A COUPLE OF PIN HOLE DENTS

HKS ADJUSTABLES - HEIGHT DAMPER AND CAMBER

17 INCH RACING ADVANTI CAMELIAN ALLOYS WITH GOOD TIRES

INTERIOR IS TIDY

BOOST GUAGE, VAULT AND OIL TOO

SHIFT LIGHT

95 RS LEGACY SEATS

WRX BACK SEATS

CAR HAS JUST BEEN TO SPEED SOURCE AND BEEN TUNED, GOT 240 KW AT THE WHEELS.

SPEEDO GOES TO 260

CAR IS FULLY CERTED FOR ALL MODS, HAVE ALL PAPER WORK

ALSO HAVE RECEIPT FROM SPEED SOURCE.

PLATES AND STEERING WHEEL NOT INCLUDED IN AUCTION AND NOT FOR SALE!

NO TIME WASTERS OR TYRE KICKERS

OPEN TO SWAPS

TX OR CALL 02102730027 FOR MORE INFO, GENUINE INTEREST ONLY

stickyboy']

i dont have time to scan a dyno..

yet enough time to dribble on here..

i dont believe youve built many race engines iv never heard of you..

wtf has never hearing of ichi before got to do with beleiving whethers hes built race engine before..? thats the most rediculous comment ever. Maybe its you thats no body as you havent heard of him?

my 60ft times are 1.2secs if you know anythning about racing you should know who i am

are you trying to inflate your own ego or...? Why not just say who you really are, we are so "eager" to really know *cough*, a random user name, no email listed, or details seems to me youd rather hide behind that screen. Stroke yourself somewhere else.

[quote name='stickyboy said:

lastly i have 660ccs in my sub

um no one cares simply. your first post implied 440s' - in what ever car it doesnt matter, you stated 440's running 240kw which frankly i havent seen or anyone i know have seen.

As i did say, happy for you to front the evidence though and be "wow"ed. Can i ask what duty cycle said car does actually run (on the 440's) to acheive the claimed 243kw atw