Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

RESTRICTED ROADS

Unsure if you guys know this and I guess you may have some stuff similar in Wellington or ChCh, this was posted by Knightstale on our Chosen Few website.. handy knowledge for them in these areas.. just in case you get ask what frigging hell your doing there, now you will now why?

Manukau Bylaw

26: Vehicles Under 3,500 kg Prohibited3

26.1: No person shall drive or permit to be driven any vehicle weighing less than 3,500 kg on any road or part of a road specified in the Third Schedule unless that vehicle is used for the express purpose of :

(a) Visiting a property with a frontage to a road or part of a road specified in the Third Schedule; or

(b) Providing an emergency service on a road or part of a road specified in the Third Schedule or in the immediate vicinity of that road or part of a road; or

© A network utility operator or its authorised agent or contractor in the provision or maintenance of a network utility operation on a road or part of a road specified in the Third Schedule or in the immediate vicinity of that road or part of a road (the expressions ‘network utility operator’ and ‘network utility operation’ have the meanings given to them by Section 166 of the Resource

Management Act 1991).

26.2 Any person who fails to comply with Clause 26.1 of this bylaw commits an offence and is liable to an instant fine of $500.

26.3 The Council may from time to time, by resolution publicly notified, add to or remove from the Third Schedule any road or part of a road within its district, and/or specify the times when the prohibitions set out in Clause

26.1 of this bylaw apply to any specified road or part of a road.

Papakura Bylaw

32 Vehicles Under 3,500 kg Prohibited

32.1 The Council may by publicly notified resolution restrict or prohibit any vehicle

weighing less than 3,500 kg from being operated on any road or part of a road.

32.2 No driver of a vehicle shall drive or permit that vehicle to be driven in contravention

of a resolution under Clause 32.1 unless:

32.2.1 that vehicle is used for the express purpose of visiting a property with a

frontage to a road described in the resolution; or

32.2.2 prior written permission from Council has been obtained.

32.3 Clause 32.2 does not apply to a vehicle being used for the time being as a

passenger service vehicle.

33 Bona fide purposes of Travel

33.1 No person shall leave any vehicle stationary or unattended on any road other than in connection with the bona fide purposes of travel and stoppages related to travel.

34 Offences

34.1 Any person who fails to comply with clauses 27.1, 28.1, 29.2, 30.1, 31.1, 32.2, and 33.1 of this Bylaw commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a maximum penalty of $20,000 in accordance with section 242(4) of the Local Government Act 2002.

Auckland City Bylaw

25.12.6 No person shall drive any vehicle weighing less than 3500kg on any road or

part of a road specified in the Third Schedule during the times specified in that

schedule unless that vehicle is used for the express purpose of: (a) Conveying

invitees of the bona fide owner or occupier of a property with frontage to a road

or in the immediate vicinity of that road; or

(b) Providing an emergency service on a road or in the immediate vicinity of that

road; or

© Carrying out work, or checking operations as a network utility operator or

authorised agent thereof on any road or in the immediate vicinity of any road;

or

(d) Travelling to or from a property with a frontage to a road or in the immediate

vicinity of that road of which the person is the bona fide owner or occupier;

(e) Conveying officers or staff of the Auckland City Council or authorised agents

thereof whilst engaged in the execution of their duty;

(f) Conveying Police Constables, Traffic Officers or Traffic Wardens in the

execution of their duty.

25.12.7 The Council may from time to time by publicly notified resolution add to or

remove from the Third Schedule any road or part of a road within its district and

or specify the times when the prohibitions set out in Clause 25.12.6 apply to any specified road or part of a road.

No Mention of $$ however I personally know that this is $750 (CF member knows that)

PART 2

Please note that the councils have right to add, and remove streets at will, so this list may NOT be FULLY up to date.

Manukau

Quote:

NOTE: Manukau has the following restriction times:

10.00 pm Friday to 5.00 am Monday inclusive and public holidays

Mangere

Aintree Avenue

Airpark Drive

Alderman Place

Amelia Earhart Avenue

Andrew Baxter Drive

Ascot Road

Beach Road

Brigade Road

Doncaster Street

Freight Place

Hastie Avenue

Kahu Street

Kingsford Smith Place

Manu Place

Montgomerie Road

Rennie Drive

Richard Pearse Drive

Rymer Place

Savill Drive

Tidal Road

Titi Street

Tui Street

Waokauri Place

Manurewa

Aerovista Place

Ash Road

Bakerfield Place

Barrowcliffe Place

Bolderwood Place

Clist Crescent

Diversey Lane

Earl Richardson Avenue

Gladding Place

Golden Arches Place

Hautu Drive

Ha Crescent

Hobill Avenue

Holmes Road

Joval Place

Keith Hay Drive

Kellow Place

Kerrs Road (Between Ash Road and Dalgety Drive)

Lakewood Crescent

Langley Road

Mana Place

Mayo Road

McLaughlins Road

Narek Place

Nesdale Avenue

Oak Road

Orb Avenue

Roscommon Road (Between Burrell Avenue and

SH 20)

Tacoma Road

Vogler Drive

Pakuranga

Ben Lomond Crescent

Canon Place

Rylock Place

Papatoetoe

Jack Conway Avenue

Mepal Place

Ryan Place

Freeman Way

Quote:

NOTE: Auckland City has the following restriction Times:

10.00pm Friday to 5.00am Monday inclusive

Auckland City

Hannigan Drive...............................................................Panmure

Gabador Place................................................................Mt Wellington

Fisher Crescent...............................................................Mt Wellington

Alfred Street from Neilson St to its southern end................Onehunga

Captain Springs Road from Neilson St to its southern end...Onehunga

Edinburgh Street.............................................................Onehunga

Angle Street...................................................................Onehunga

Goodman Place...............................................................Onehunga

Saunders Place...............................................................Avondale

Elizabeth Know Place.......................................................Mt Wellington

Eric Paton Way................................................................Mt Wellington

Thomas Peacock Place.....................................................Mt Wellington

THE BIG ONE!!

Otara

Accent Drive

Adrigole Close

Allens Road

****ie Place

Andromeda Crescent

Annamore Place

Anrath Close

Ardken Place

Arwen Place

Attymon Lane

Averton Place

Ballybay Road

Ballydonegan Place

Ballyroney Place

Ballywood Close

Balrath Road

Banville Road

Barmac Place

Basalt Place

Beale Place

Bernish Place

Birmingham Road

Bishop Browne Place

Bishop Croke Place

Bishop Dunn Place

Bishop Lenihan Place

Blackburn Road

Bostock Place

Brosna Place

Bruce Roderick Drive

Campile Close

Carpenter Road

Clavoy Place

Corrofin Drive

Craigavon Drive

Crooks Road

Cryers Road

Derg Place

East Tamaki Road (Between Accent Drive and its north-east end)

Echelon Place

Erne Crescent

Feeny Crescent

Gortin Close

Gransna Lane

Greenmount Drive (Between Harris Road and Nandina Avenue)

Harris Road

Hayman Street

Kalberry Place

Kerwyn Avenue

Kordel Place

Lady Ruby Drive

Laidlaw Way

Lamberg Close

Lorien Place

Lovegrove Crescent

Nandina Avenue

Neales Road

Neilpark Drive

Newark Place

Offenhauser Drive

Parkwood Place

Paul Stevenson Place

Polaris Place

Progressive Lane

Ra Ora Drive

Redcastle Drive

Reg Savory Place

Ron Driver Place

Ross Reid Place

Shankill Place

Shave Place

Sheddings Lane

Shrule Place

Sir William Avenue

Skip Lane

Srah Place

Stonedon Drive

Te Irirangi Drive (Dawson Road to Ti Rakau Drive)

Transport Place

Trugood Drive

Turin Place

Waiouru Road

Wando Lane

Wayne Francis Drive

William Woods Court

Zara Court

Zelanian Drive

Quote:

NOTE: Albany has the following restriction times:

9pm to 5am on the following day:

Thursday, Friday, Saturday

Albany

Airborne Road

Tarndale Road

These are normally signposted by massive black signs at the start of the road.

Was put in place to stop boy racers

Shouldn't affect you if your passing through and have a reason to pass through that road ;)

There was a christmas function at import customs (Cf member) his business is on one of them roads .. we had about 10 cop cars come flying down there as some of our club where there, owner had to calm the cops down...

errr sorry officer it's business christmas break up... they weren't impressed

Guest lan_killa

woha... thats an interesting law... time to drive around with some bags of cement in the back of the wagon i think... I notice with alot of those thier saying that it also includes saturday and sunday during the day... i dont see this working in a big hurry....

Yep cops can use it quite well on boy racers and as most of those roads are industrial sort of areas they can just block everyone in lol

thanks for that.... restricted roads are not only jus in place for boyracers in sure there nothing on these signs saying "boy racers stay off these rds" there there for general public also u drive a subaru,mitsi,nissan ect you are looked at as bad by cops most for us are young what do you expect bt if your legal then dont worry

bt as for resticted rds you dont want a 500+ ticket try to aviod these rds :)

msevhoe said:

thanks for that.... restricted roads are not only jus in place for boyracers in sure there nothing on these signs saying "boy racers stay off these rds" there there for general public also u drive a subaru,mitsi,nissan ect you are looked at as bad by cops most for us are young what do you expect bt if your legal then dont worry

bt as for resticted rds you dont want a 500+ ticket try to aviod these rds :)

AWESOME glad you added that.. your a champion or championess

I never heard of this kind of thing..

Are restricted roads in other cities too? Or just the big ones.. haha As far as I was aware, to keep boy racers off the roads down here in dunners they put a sh*te load of speed bumps, or just close the road to anyone and refuse to reopen it. haha

• General Member

I have never come across this law before anywhere (Small town boy lol).

Seems like a good idea though if Police use the law with some degree of self moderation.

You would think it would violate some right to freedom of movement I guess but if they can make it stick and be realistic about who they ticket more power to them.

Keep the tards off the street and in the ditches I say.

Most people won't have an issue as even if your passing through during the day your generally going to have a reason to :) as in "I'm heading to x and this is fastest route", also most of these roads won't be used by general public mostly anyways

JoKer said:

same for MANY city's in NZ - I know the tron does

just places where people like to park up, wash world does make a killing on friday nights still though.

also what happens if you have gps and your told to go down that rd?

QRAF']

[quote name='QRAF said:

also what happens if you have gps and your told to go down that rd?

/quote]

oh gee your right what will you do!

;D ;D

obey the law ... :o

You would think it would violate some right to freedom of movement I guess but if they can make it stick and be realistic about who they ticket more power to them.

Yes and no - typically these roads arent through roads. They are dead end or loop through industrial estates. Theres normally no reason to go through them after hours.

From a business owners perspective, it also helps keep undesirables from hanging around to commit burglaries after hours, so not a bad thing really

I'v gotta go thru a restricted road every day, and about 2 years ago on a few early sat morn runs (truckie) i had been pulled up twice by police and was given absolute shit for using it both times by the same cop and was issued $400 tickets both times, even tho i told him that this road was the quickest route to depot and that i was going to work which was/is a legitamate excuse and that he couldn't do any thing about it. I suppose he was just doing his job and found it hard to believe a hoody wearing young guy in a better looking car than is own.

I got off tickets eventually and now we just give each other friendly gestures......out the window lol, i get along with him well now.