Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

bass in cabin

im am currently running in my v6 vltd coupe:

pioneer carrozzeria FH-P000MD (i think it was imported with the car)

double din

fronts 6" pioneer i think (havent look yet)

rears 6x9 pioneer 400w

2x 1200w sony xplod subs

1x pioneer 800w amp

i wont more bass in the cabin for my rock!? ???

when im driving i like my sounds, but i cant even tell if the front speakers are going or not, the rears are primo and my subs are good but only at a high volume.

i also have a 400w kenwood amp and i have pioneer crossovers with tweeters, also a 780w pioneer amp. (not in the car)

any help would be greatful!? :)

p.s. i am looking at getting a new double din, suggestions!?

cheers ;D

Get a beefier amp bro - you're underpowering your subs to the max!

I'm running 880W RMS into my 600W RMS 12" sub, sounds mint..

I rock out with Infinity Kappa's, 6x9s in the rear and 6" with seperate tweeters in the front doors.

Sounds mint as! Plenty of bass and FARKING MINT quality when played loud, no distortion or anything.

Gotta keep the car light weight ;)

1stly check to see if your fronts are working as you want a fair % of the sound coming from the front, are they amped up or just running off the head unit?. also correct size box and porting can make a huge difference to the performance of your subs. Check the specs online. your subs mite be able to be wired up in series or parallel which will also affect how well your amp works.are your subs bridged off your amp?

gmeago said:

Get a beefier amp bro - you're underpowering your subs to the max!

I'm running 880W RMS into my 600W RMS 12" sub, sounds mint..

so you think one 800w amp per sub?

im 80% sure the sony 1200w subs are 350w rms as i have one .

your setting on the amp could be al out of wack. i have 2 12" subs that have been in multiple cars with just a 600w (peak) amp and it bloody cranks ! to much base for me anyway

legacy666 said:

1stly check to see if your fronts are working as you want a fair % of the sound coming from the front, are they amped up or just running off the head unit?. also correct size box and porting can make a huge difference to the performance of your subs. Check the specs online. your subs mite be able to be wired up in series or parallel which will also affect how well your amp works.are your subs bridged off your amp?

yea they are really good as soon as you open the door you can here them more outside than inside lol

yea they are bridged

a good speaker upgrade sounds like a plan, but i might give the amp ago first.

cheers

rex-leggy said:

your setting on the amp could be al out of wack. i have 2 12" subs that have been in multiple cars with just a 600w (peak) amp and it bloody cranks ! to much base for me anyway

so you think 800w amp is fine?

are you subs running parallel or series?

Pelvin']

[quote name='black_wag said:

can vouch for infinity speakers. very nice sound clarity and go bloody well. no real need for subs

/quote]

:D

totally I run 60.2 cs infinitys had em for years and have been in 3 cars I have had, but need to get around puttin em in the bugeye.... Positions of subs can play a part in bass loading try facing the subs away from the cabin might help a bit but otherwise check your settings on the amp make sure they are in low pass if all else fails new amp I guess some do perform better than others

2ROWDY']

[quote name='rex-leggy said:

/quote]

so you think 800w amp is fine?

are you subs running parallel or series?

i run them bridged so parallel an 800w peak amp is only going to be around 300w rms at max. and that also depends on what ohm your subs are , which changes depending on how there connected lol

johnny5']

[quote name='black_wag said:

can vouch for infinity speakers. very nice sound clarity and go bloody well. no real need for subs

/quote]

:D

totally I run 60.2 cs infinitys had em for years and have been in 3 cars I have had, but need to get around puttin em in the bugeye.... Positions of subs can play a part in bass loading try facing the subs away from the cabin might help a bit but otherwise check your settings on the amp make sure they are in low pass if all else fails new amp I guess some do perform better than others

sweet cheers ill have a play and see how it goes

i found a setting that made the front speakers work heaps better :)

just have to try play around with subs.

anyone know of a good double din head unit, around $350 - $450 mark?

with usb and aux plugs

cheers

• Admin

For rock you really want a solid front stage, spend some money on some good 2-way components and a 4-channel amp which you can bridge to them and run some decent power, maybe 200wrms per side up front so you have lots of headroom.

6x9's are great if you don't have a sub but if you do have one all they tend to do is drag the soundstage to the rear... when you go to a concert, you don't face away from the band.

Subs, flick them on Trademe and get a single good quality one in a good box. You'll be amazed what a difference it makes.

boon said:

For rock you really want a solid front stage, spend some money on some good 2-way components and a 4-channel amp which you can bridge to them and run some decent power, maybe 200wrms per side up front so you have lots of headroom.

6x9's are great if you don't have a sub but if you do have one all they tend to do is drag the soundstage to the rear... when you go to a concert, you don't face away from the band.

Subs, flick them on Trademe and get a single good quality one in a good box. You'll be amazed what a difference it makes.

You can pretty much copy and paste that to many non-audio noobs on car forums hahaha.

But yes, I totally agree with this.

Scoobydoo']

[quote name='boon said:

/quote]

You can pretty much copy and paste that to many non-audio noobs on car forums hahaha.

+1 6*9s are good for starters but no place for em in staging good sound 6inch co axials in the back maybe or even 4s

I ran about 200W RMS into my Alpine Type-R's (rated at 110W RMS), bridged off a 4-ch E-Audio 480AB, and high passed between 100-120Hz. They played very loud and clear - no distortion at all. Plenty of headroom as someone said earlier, gains on amp below 1/4.

I'm now using Pioneer TSD-1702C 6.5" components - yes they fit using stock spacers in a GC8! Whereas the TSC-171PRS will not.

The Pioneer components will handle more mid-bass if that's what you're after.

Scoobydoo']

[quote name='boon said:

/quote]

+1

I stopped using rear speakers about 6+ years ago, when I came across the NZ ICE forums.

But if you do decide to run rears, I'd suggest a mid-bass woofer just for a small bit of rear fill (definitely no tweeters) and having the fader set mostly to the front.