Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Tints??

plenty of good vids on YT on how to do tints, subie pillar-less windows are easy! NOTE how the cut and shape teh tint on the outside of the window (with the clear backing on) this is the best way to do it..

doing a back window requires skill

Tip: use baby shampoo with water as the solvent, its not as soapy as dishwashing liquid, making it easier to squeegee out once the tint is on

Tip 1: a clean window is key :D (the YT vids show good techiques i.e. paper towel on the squeegee). Plus once its smick and clean wet the window to the max so no dust settles while you are cutting the tint, then squegee again just before u put tint on (using a paper towel round the edges)

Tip 2: when peeling off the clear backing.. spray spray spray.. keep it 'wet as' not letting the static created attract dust to the tint

Tip 3 - when the tint is on and you are squeegeeing solvet out, keep the surface 'wet as' as well so the sqeegee dosent scratch or grip and rip

The above techniques buy time and make it so you dont have to rush, makes it pleaureable when it turns out mint!

this a guy on t.m

he does a good job nd prty well priced.he came to us and supplyed the tint too.good job il hava look for his auction see if its still there

wrx sedan easyist car to tint IMO, if you pay someone to do it and they take longer then 2 hours, they doing something wrong

JoKer said:

skip the back window if doing DIY - no one will really notice haha

yur, the YT vids show shaping and fitting with a heat gun (for the back window or any with a concave shape) ... the cheap sh1t tint from repco and the like dosent have the scratch resistance, moldability and isnt any where near as nice to work with as what the pros use.. but it can be done..

if skiping the back window just buy one of those baby shades that spans the whole window, works fine, looks good/dark with the other windows tinted.

I got a precut set for my beast from TM for like $90 it came with a spare rear window piece to practice with too and instructions and the special tool to apply. (special tool ftw) It was well worth it and only took me couple of hours to do them all including the rear window. Do the rear in sections starting at the top and cut along the demister line and do another section and cut along the same line. I did mine in 3 pieces and because the demister line is there you cant see the joins at all. or pay a pro and let them worry about it then you know it will be mint. I just want to do as much as I can on my car cause once you learn how its easier next time.

+1 i got precuts on my bg. you still need to section the rear window tho. Good thing about getting the precuts is you can get 20% :) (legal or not ive never had a problem)

Ive had mine for over 2 years and just one edge has pealed and they still look mint