Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Failed WOF today

So I went to get a WOF today and had a list of issues that they failed me on...

First of all I took it to a local garage and when I went to pick it up they informed me that my car was too low for their hoist so they took it to VTNZ for a WOF without my knowledge.

So, as I expected they failed me on a list of things:

1. "steering system warning light on" - this is because I have a wrx rack in so the steering assist sensor thingy is not plugged in.

2. "align headlights and fog lights" - thought they did this?

3. "cert required for turbo mods, rear sway bar modified mounts" - I have done TT-ST conversion with twisted turbo, do i need cert for this? The modified mounts they are on about is the blue brace where the sway bar bushes are mounted in this photo:

R0011904.jpg

4. "attend play both sides top shockie mounts" - they said theres play in the top hats but they are adjustable with pillow ball, so unsure on this one.

What are your thoughts on this?

technically TT to ST requires a cert

explain 1 & 4 to them,

tell turbo mods where done before cert and they said nothing was required on the cert plate for it (assuming those are adjustables and are cert'd)

tell them to align lights

profit

Yup adjusties are certed. I said to VTNZ the certifier said that the TT-ST conversion didn't need a cert because I'm using the standard long block. They just told me to go talk to the local certifier here so I might do that tomorrow.

Yeah I'm having trouble finding out where the twisted turbo rule falls under as well. And my car does not exceed 20% increase in power, but he didn't mention the increase in power, he just said I needed a cert for "turbo mods".

WRXONP said:

what rule does the twisted single turbo fall under ? cos i think that 20% More power than stock rule is bull s*** . . .

substitution of turbo / wastegate... if misread i'd say it could be confusing... in reading it, you can basically do whatever you want as long as you don't squeeze more than 20% more power than the "standard" motor.

so, if you dropped a s201 engine in, then tickled another 19% power increase, you would be fine as it is an oe engine swap, and less than 20% increase over standard....

technicalities are all i see there....

section 13 - 1

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/suplementary_information/LVVTA_LVV_Cert_Threshold.pdf

cuscogtb said:

Yeah I was pissed off when I picked it up.

Yup have to take it back to VTNZ for the recheck unless I pay for another WOF and take it to another place.

Fuck it dude, take it some where else and pay $40 for your wof rather then spend hundreds on certs you may not need just to please them

cuscogtb']

[quote name='B4 2000 said:

Any change in turbo consider a turbo mod and need to be certed.

Look up the LLVT (or whatever their abbreviation is) and you'll find it

/quote]

Has your ST conversion been certed bro?

Nope but soon will be

B4 2000']

[quote name='B4 2000 said:

Any change in turbo consider a turbo mod and need to be certed.

Look up the LLVT (or whatever their abbreviation is) and you'll find it

/quote]

Has your ST conversion been certed bro?

Nope but soon will be

Where have you been getting your WOFs from since the conversion?

You wont need a cert for the ST conversion. Theres no increase in power to do so..remembering a twin turb legacy is 205kw as well.

Your not increasing power at all. Id call them out on it and if you get nowhere, take it to someone else.

If they are calling you out on the 20% then technically youd need a brake upgrade too.