Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BIG ISSUES WITH RAGE"S DOWN PIPE FOR V7 PLS HELP ON MODIFY INFO TO CLEAR KNUCKLE

looking for info on modifying rage front pipe bb3089 WWW.autobend.co.nz to suit a 2001 v7 wrx sti so it can clear the steering knuckle without restriction please...??? will post pics shortly

PS..... please any negative or argumentative post keep to yourself or pm me if you have a issue as my issue was with rage to start with supplying a part made for a v7 that does not fit a standard v7 I never said there was anything wrong with the installer but wanted to check I wasn't being taken for a ride and advantage of as it happens a lot in this industry if you can't handle that then keep it to yourself thanks and enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening all :D :D :D ;D ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

milanesi said:

looking for info on modifying rage front pipe bb3089 WWW.autobend.co.nz to suit a 2001 v7 wrx sti so it can clear the steering knuckle without restriction please...??? will post pics shortly

PS..... please any negative or argumentative post keep to yourself or pm me if you have a issue as my issue was with rage to start with supplying a part made for a v7 that does not fit a standard v7 I never said there was anything wrong with the installer but wanted to check I wasn't being taken for a ride and advantage of as it happens a lot in this industry if you can't handle that then keep it to yourself thanks and enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening all :D :D :D ;D ;)

pics http://s1095.photobucket.com/home/milanesi83

JoKer said:

it came with it according to the original thread which I can still see sitting in the recycling bin... (also capable of restoring it too)

Maybe it needs to be restored and locked to shed info on the current topic, otherwise the same questions will be asked again IMHO

Sorry to hear.

Item may be for the older wrx model. Only a slight difference in the angle of the flange that mounts up to the turbo.

I had that problem with one of my other vehicles.

Anyhow, check on the reason of why the older exhaust was rubbing on the steering knuckle (Looks to be an aftermarket one??)

Anyways, all the best.

Regards

madmike said:

I have to ask... Was the standard exhaust hitting the steering or did you change to the rage and now have a problem?

ok what happen was it had the factory cat on it and had a f pipe install on it that i was given by a friend with a 2001 sti Forrester which was heated up an hit to create a dent to get clearance around the knuckle install by a local pitstop .. sweet well i noticed every now and then under boost roundabouts to the right or heavy cornering that it was still slightly catching and you could see fresh scrap marks in the area where the dent was so i decided to get the f pipe i was given modified but was told it would be better to get a rage one cause its made to fit a v7 .. sweet so i got this one http://www.autobend.co.nz/rage/New%20Site/web-content/subaru%20Accessories/media/pageitem1CF8A(2).gif bb3089 unfortunately its either the wrong pipe or it has been made incorrectly and does not fit a 2001 v7 wrx sti without modification done even though they swear black and blue it will i have been told by a lot of people that i should use bb3060 but rage told me that they don't make this f pipe anymore.

reaperblitz said:

Sorry to hear.

Item may be for the older wrx model. Only a slight difference in the angle of the flange that mounts up to the turbo.

I had that problem with one of my other vehicles.

Anyhow, check on the reason of why the older exhaust was rubbing on the steering knuckle (Looks to be an aftermarket one??)

Anyways, all the best.

Regards

yes thats what im hearing has anyone used any of the other f pipes on a v7 as this is meant to be made for it but seems to be to suit a older one

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,2792.15.html

as a member quoted

rage d/pipe approx 280$ and 100$ to fit as the flange is offset 45 degrees on d/p and needs to be extended 100 mm. just some food for thought

is this what you mean is this the only alteration needed? also my car has had engine mounts checked and need bushes put in the steer rack and engine check if it iin th center so all good on that side of things :)

wrx_lou said:

ITT: User takes car to mechaic to fix. Mechanic offers better solution. Solution failed. User s***ty at mechanic for s***ty advice. User rambles on forum. Manufacturer blamed.

lol not really i just want this resolved so my car isnt gathering dust and i can get to work :) night

I got a downpipe which wasn't designed for a V7, and it fits on mine, but only very just! It's covered in heatwrap and the knuckle actually ripped through that as it turned, but doesn't actually hit the pipe, although it's only mm's away. Never had an instance of it hitting though, even under cornering or braking.

The one you got though does seem to have a larger, longer siamese section, which is actually the problem. When i first looked into getting a DP, I went to Pit Stop and they recommended me to get an RPS "Group A" pipe, which was about $400. It has two seperate pipes which merge together a lot further down, rather than two connected siamese sections.

Natsandwebexhaustpics187.jpg

As you can see, the smaller pipe actually goes down faster, which is the part to clear the knuckle. If I had $400 then I'd get that one, but I wanted to do it on the cheap, and have been lucky to get away with it.

kamineko']

[quote name='milanesi said:

lol yeah im sure it will ha but i have one of those sitting in the garage, who wants a Cadillac converter

/quote]

pink-cadillac.jpg

lol my mum owned one of those but the baby blue colour they did